Rollercoaster Restaurant

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A post from the MAP Facebook page indicates that the Rollercoaster Restaurant will soon be serving London Road Cocktails with the flavours on offer being Mojito, Cosmo and Singapore Sling.

Owen

Justin wrote: It might be worth putting a special requests on your order. They are good at meeting requirements.

What time of day did you go? My visits have been evening. Also, does anyone know what will happen with evening bookings for Scarefest/Fireworks?
The trouble is the burger was actually completely different to that described on the menu, and so I didn't think to ask for any special requirements considering that the meal described I quite liked.

In regards to the time I went, I too went in the evening, so time of day doesn't seem to effect it! :)
TuesdayNightChat

What time is last orders? id be looking to go at 9pm at Scarefest after attractions close,can you book a table?
Justin

There is no need to book over Scarefest, however I expect 9pm to 9.30pm to be the last admittance. It really depends on availability, but expect it to be busy!

I hope that helps you, but enjoy your visit! :)
toxicgirl

I booked a table for Scarefest ages ago as it was something I really wanted to do with the family - I guess that won't mean anything now :(
Stan.H

"The Rollercoaster Restaurant will be open from 11am until 10pm throughout Scarefest where you can try their new spooktacular dish the ‘Rollercoaster Devil Firecracker Pulled Pork Burger’." Sounds lovely!
TylerBreeze

toxicgirl wrote:I booked a table for Scarefest ages ago as it was something I really wanted to do with the family - I guess that won't mean anything now :(
Hiya,
I questioned them on this, and reservations will still be honored.
Liam.W

Taken from Alton Towers Facebook:

"Got that #FridayFeeling? Our brand new bar in Alton Towers Rollercoaster Restaurant opened today. Choose from refreshing craft beers or our new rollercoaster cocktails, including a Ginball Whizzer or a Th13tini.

Book your table now, for a meal with a twist: http://www.altontowers.com/rollercoasterrestaurant/"

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Robert.W

It's looking really good. The Rollercoaster Restaurant had done incredibly well since opening, even with some particularly bad reviews online... the new bar will be a good new addition to keep it fresh!  

Robert.W

According to TowersStreet, the Rollercoaster Restaurant has recently had an upgrade to its sound and lighting systems.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TowersStreet/status/928248100946366465

Justin

The upgrade was completed during Scarefest. I visited Thursday 19th October and the new lighting and sound was all operational then. Changes include new lighting to table tracks, table down lighters, projectors and lit up table numbers.

It is certainly an improvement for the better!
Robert.W

Not seen it in person but a video that Alton Towers posted on Twitter certainly showed an improvement!

Justin

It is. The lighting is more vivid and atmospheric. The show doesn't seem to play so frequent though. I'd say every 45 mins, instead of every half an hour.
Zach

Justin wrote:It is. The lighting is more vivid and atmospheric. The show doesn't seem to play so frequent though. I'd say every 45 mins, instead of every half an hour.
Which probably a good thing, every 30 mins did seem to often and perhaps made it feel less of a “ooo look it’s on” moment. Now I feel it catches your attention and it something people in the restaurant notice and stop to watch! 

On another subject, how did people about the food in the restaurant towards the back end of the season? I over heard plenty of customers commenting the food was poor quality or not cooked correctly or often didn’t live up to expectations. Perhaps a upgrade in food quality for next season? Change in menu items? 
Justin

I found the food very enjoyable. Over Scarefest and Fireworks I ate there four times and loved it. Service was good and the food was very nice. My only criticism was my naan bread was a little over cooked.
Capt.Barnacles

TheSmilerMan wrote: On another subject, how did people about the food in the restaurant towards the back end of the season? I over heard plenty of customers commenting the food was poor quality or not cooked correctly or often didn’t live up to expectations. Perhaps a upgrade in food quality for next season? Change in menu items? 
As far as this is concerned I have to admit it didn't seem up to the quality we had when it first opened, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I found the quality to be poor.
Dom

I've only eaten here twice and both times i've found the food to not be that tasty. I actually now try to avoid the place as i don't enjoy eating there and for the price, its a bit poor in quality. 
Swarm Chris

First time eating dinner in there, have had lunch several times. Crazy amount of flashing lights, which I don't know if that's an evening thing or 2018 thing. Seemed everything that could light up, did.

Nachos tasty but messy. Steak pretty bad, but chips pretty great.

Oh and the music. After some ride music they managed to sneak in a Rickrolling. Shame they didn't use the video screen for that last one!
Robert.W

I actually dined here for the first time this year too, on the 11th April. Was super impressed! The food was good. Nothing special. The food sadly was not hot enough, so ended up going cold before I'd finished, was the only real complaint I have. 

However, the light and music show, as well as the novelty of having the food delivered by rollercoaster more than made up for the food not being hot enough. It's a good place to eat every now and again, especially when the weather is bad. Will hopefully get to eat there again next time I visit Towers! :)

Swarm Chris

I recommend the Nacho's. But you will make a mess!