Pleasure Island

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dara

Personally i find Pleasure Island very dull, bland and tatty. When so much investment is going on at Flamingo Land, it does suprise me that the management can let Pleasure Island remain in the state that it is at the moment
steveb8372

so the question remains... why is pleasure island still operating because i bet its running at a loss...far better theme parks shut with better rides i.e. american adventure from its hey day.
seanyboyuk

i can see flamingolands corkscrew going there for sure under a new name when they have done it. It make sense to give the ride a refurb and keep it within the company.
steveb8372

well it will certainly go well at pleasure island, i think if they got rid of that old monorail which takes up too much room anyway , it would sit quite nicely there....
seanyboyuk

yes. ive never been there but it would be a mistake to get rid of the boomerang coaster. its only of a few surviving coasters in the uk. never been on one yet but reports say they always give a unique thrill.
steveb8372

think there is two of them coasters in uk, this one at pleasure island and wipeout (formally missile at american adventure) at pleasurewood hills
Khanage

Yeah, I think that's it for Boomerangs in the UK. They are really good rides in my opinion - like nothing I've ever ridden before. The Gs you experience when you are dropped off the lift hill are brilliant - the only downside is it's a bit of a shaky ride. (Referring to Wipeout here)

I'd like to try an inverted one or giant inverted one.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

In2Oblivion

I was given exlcusive access to a behind the scenes tour of the ride today and can reveal a few details about the ride and some photos.

The ride is to be located in the building behind the Swinging Chairs, it will be accessed from the Africa area, just across from the Runaway Mine Train. The building used house a jungle ride which has been disused for years. Managing Director, Melanie Wood explained that it was shame to have the building doing nothing and with the original track still in place, it was a perfect opportunity to refit the ride into a Ghost Train. The ride was designed and is being constructed by 'MC Seton Animatronics', of which a few of the guys came from 'Rex Studios'. The themeing is being done by 'Studios East Ltd' and 'Golding Audio' are working on the rides sounds, lighting, cctv and ride control.
The ride is expected to launch on April 9th and I will keep you updated with the latest developments.

A selection of props awaiting their destination...
I don't like the look of this shape :8 ...
Amplifiers and general audio gear...
A section of the ride...
Openings that have scary carvings are sure to contain horrors :D
No, these arent the ride cars, it's a prop for an effect, but you'll have to wait to ride it to see what it does ;)
Abandoned quarries? scary!
The graveyard section of the ride, harmless...surely?
Shrieksville Manor, this is where your journey starts...
The sign for the ride...Has the slogan...'Dare to enter'!
These are the cars, all wrapped up and ready to go...

More updates to come :D
DiogoJ42

Ooooh! Looks interesting. Thanks for the info :D
In2Oblivion

Youre welcome.

I will be adding more updates in due course along with a video of the rides progress.
seanyboyuk

Good luck to the park! They could of saved more money and themed it better by sending the kiddie ghost train at Flamingoland to there and retheme it to an adult one.
In2Oblivion

Here is the first video update to accompany the photos...

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
ukool

:) Not been for a few years but this looks good. I used to love the jungle ride as a kid, so nice to see the track and space being used.
tidy_martin

CLEETHORPES' Pleasure Island theme park has closed.

Staff turned up for work this morning and were given letters terminating their employment and assuring them that they would be paid up until today.

Visitors - some of whom had travelled from out of the area - were turned away at the gate.

No reason has yet been given for the closure.

Keep checking here for breaking news on this story, and see tomorrow's Grimsby Telegraph for full details.
[url=http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/Ple ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/Ple ... ticle.html[/url]
seanyboyuk

gutted as i was going to go on the 1st may lol :(

lets hope a rescue deal can be secured! surely flamingoland should abandon a 2011 ride
and pump money into this great park!
Maelstrom

i think i read that Flamingoland no longer own the park and it was given to one of the family members who own flamingoland who wanted out of the business as some kind of pay off. Not sure if thats true or not.

It seems odd considering they have just opened the new ghost train, but maybe the place is loosing too much money. I would imagine selling the individual rides would generate more money than selling the business as a whole.
seanyboyuk

Yes but how can this be when the park has only been open a few days?

it seems very bad planning on the park, maybe they havent worked out their figures correctly.

boomerang to LWV please!
tidy_martin

all the rides in the white knuckle area to LWV
joshc807

O MAN!

That means boomerang will have to move again, what if no one wants it :(