Forbidden Valley Fire

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
RIDECRAZY

A fire broke out in the fish & chip shop in Forbidden Valley on Sunday afternoon at Alton Towers Resort, resulting in the temporary closure of the whole area, the small fire broke out in the kitchen of the fish and chip shop, with the majority of smoke coming from one of the fat fryers.

No staff or guests were injured during the incident however emergency procedures were implemented as a precaution. The area, including all attractions were evacuated in order to allow access for fire crews who attended within minutes. All attractions were however reopened by the end of the day.

Alton Towers have said in a statement that the fish and chip shop "will remain closed while we deep clean, repair and redecorate where necessary."

If anyone has any more information or photos etc, post them here!
Alex

Photos can be found on the TT FB page as they were in the area just after FV reopened.
Ryan.B

Started around 1:50 as we were getting on air at that time, people in the queue were evacuated I think, could see it on the lift hill, got off air, looked at photos and we were walking out the shop and the tree just before, by ripsaw and by the blade there was staff in black uniform directing people towards subterranean, went up by nemesis to take a look, they shut off the blades queue and nemesis' as I reached there and as we were walking out sub terra was evaded as well, then went down by the prospect tower (most people headed to Dark Forest and Cloud Cuckoo Land, apparently Duel closed shortly afterwards as well!)
Ryan.B

Sorry for double posting but is this true, I never noticed it.

shaundentwilliams

Carnt belive that[emoji29] but I don't like fish so it kind of don't matter to me asking as nemmy wasn't hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk