Hotel Prices

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
ShoesU

Is it me or do the prices for the hotels just get higher and higher too..... Please tell me what warrents a price of £170 (online price minus the 10% online discount) which equates to nerly £190 full price for a one night (wedsnesday) stay just simply bed and breakfast?! So essentially £190 for 2 people to sleep and get ready and have breakfast.....is that really a fair price to charge?

Add to that fuel, tickets, dinner, food in the park.....fortunatly annual pass comes in handy but realistically it could cost about £500 for 2 adults to spend the night away and get into the theme park and eat.... Could go abroad for a week for that!!
Alex

For Smilefest I booked a room for 4 adults for 357 which is under £40 per night per person which isnt that bad value in my opinion.
Macca79

ShoesU wrote:Is it me or do the prices for the hotels just get higher and higher too..... Please tell me what warrents a price of £170 (online price minus the 10% online discount) which equates to nerly £190 full price for a one night (wedsnesday) stay just simply bed and breakfast?! So essentially £190 for 2 people to sleep and get ready and have breakfast.....is that really a fair price to charge?

Add to that fuel, tickets, dinner, food in the park.....fortunately annual pass comes in handy but realistically it could cost about £500 for 2 adults to spend the night away and get into the theme park and eat.... Could go abroad for a week for that!!
That seems very high.
I suggest you phone them to book as i always get a great price.
My cost for this year 2 days in SL hotel 2 days park entry and 2 days water park entry comes to £240 for the two of us.
Plus i got free fast tracks as well :)
Benb

Yes, that does seem expensive... I got all inclusive for end of April (Park tickets, B&B) for 5 of us for £307. Best to give them a call and see what deal they can do. The online prices aren't tactile so can't help you shop around for the nearest cheap dates like an operator can.
Dan

I was looking for a price for 2 nights in the Enchanted Village over May Bank Holiday weekend, and the price it gave me was £531, just for 2 nights B&B.

Obviously with it being a bank holiday weekend and the EV being new I expected the price to be high but that is just extortionate! I'm now probably going to stay somewhere nearby as £265.50 a night for B&B is not something I'm prepared to pay.
Benb

It'll be the bank holiday that drives the prices up... if you can book sometime ether side of the holiday the prices will be much cheaper. Then again, nearby hotels/B&Bs are quite good, or so I gather.
Dan

Benb wrote:It'll be the bank holiday that drives the prices up... if you can book sometime ether side of the holiday the prices will be much cheaper. Then again, nearby hotels/B&Bs are quite good, or so I gather.
It's my birthday on the bank holiday Monday, hence why I was looking that weekend.

I've always been able to find quite cheap rooms for the on-resort hotels, it's just bank holiday and the fact the Enchanted Village will only have been open a couple of weeks means they've hiked the prices up as they know people will pay it.