Slowed down Runaway Mine Train

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
tallicay2k

I'm guessing it's fed up running away ;)
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Cobby wrote: That wouldn't happen. The headchoppers would have passed the safety envelope test before the ride was opened to the public, if there was any risk of a rider being able to touch them they wouldn't have been there in the first place.

I know the rides have been though this and other safety tests but on the second helix when the track goes under itself , just before the tunnel/camera, if I'm sitting on the left hand side of the train I can easily touch the supports for the track above.Now it maybe because I am quite tall but it does get very close and ,by the look of the handprints in the dirt, other people can reach it too.

I've got this photo from a P.O.V video of the ride it's not perfect but it illustrates the point

I will put my hand up (lol) and say I'm guilty of doing that
Ryan.B

Does it not hurt? I'm sure quite a few people with long limbs could reach the wooden beams which aren't there. I was only around 1/2 foot off and I'm small. :lol