Downtime 2015

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Adam.W

Oh, I did notice first thing when riding air that the seats failed to be put in the flying position and had to come back down and put up again, thought it was normal, but could it be related to this?
MakoMania

B&M flyers do that regularly.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Adam.W

Themepark247360 wrote:B&M flyers do that regularly.
Yeah thought so ;)
3T

I was at the park yesterday, and yeah N:ST was closed all day. Air was off for a good couple of hours in the afternoon, got on it when it reopened and it broke again. Was stuck outside the station for a few minutes.

I was also at the front of the front-row queue for Rita when it broke too. They advised people not in the station to leave, but after 15-20 mins or so they shut the ride and gave out priority passes (never used it as no queues on anything but Air and Rita!) It remained closed for ages but looks like it reopened 30 mins before park close, which is awesome as they could have easily just not bothered for the short amount of time left :)
Muppet

I was there Monday 10th, Nemesis seemed to have issues in the morning. We walked across to go on Rita but it stopped as we got there, so we went on Thirteen instead, by the time we got back from that and watched the engineers try and fix Rita for 15 mins or so they sent the empty cars around and then re opened the queue.
Unfortunately we then timed our front row ride with a rather heavy shower which felt like getting hundreds of knitting needles stuck in your face...and got us soaked!
tallicay2k

Muppet wrote:I was there Monday 10th, Nemesis seemed to have issues in the morning. We walked across to go on Rita but it stopped as we got there, so we went on Thirteen instead, by the time we got back from that and watched the engineers try and fix Rita for 15 mins or so they sent the empty cars around and then re opened the queue.
Unfortunately we then timed our front row ride with a rather heavy shower which felt like getting hundreds of knitting needles stuck in your face...and got us soaked!
Nemesis hates summer time with the kids out of school and the heat.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
MakoMania

TH13TEEN down all today & most of yesterday, Sub-Terra down still & The Smiler closed. Not easy trying to impress someone with your home park who had Cedar Point as their home park!
Stan.H

Does anyone know why Sub-Terra is down again?? Could it be for scarefest (or is that too early??).
MakoMania

According to AT twitter its for maintenance.
bryn_the_pen

Nemmy down in the station during ERT. The restraints would not lock

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk
Wedjie

Despite the "technical adjustments" spiel from Towers, I assumed it was closed because of cost (cost cutting, merlin..never...)

But now it seems they don't intend to open it for Scarefest...surely if they were ever going to achieve the visitor numbers to justify the cost, it would be then. Think it may by SBNO for a long while yet.
Alton Towers Resort ✔ @altontowers
@RandomDan2411 Hi Dan, Sub Terra is unlikely to be open during Scarefest, apologies.
Stan.H

The Flume seems to be down. Oblivion seemed to be shut this morning.
ROYJESS

Emporium wrote:The Flume seems to be down.
The Flume is now closed for the rest of this season due to cost cutting :(
Themeparksandy1981

Is all the water rides closed now to next season?
ROYJESS

No,

Splash Galleons, Rapids, In the Night Garden and CATCF are open for the rest of the season.

Thorpe park and Chessington also has some of there rides now closed for the rest of the season.
Adam.W

Have AT stated that the flume is closed for cost cutting or could it be for other reasons?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Adam.W wrote:Have AT stated that the flume is closed for cost cutting or could it be for other reasons?
They've said it's closed due to 'lack of demand'. They would never come out and give the reason as 'cost cutting' though.
Themeparksandy1981

I thought have thought more people go on the flume in 1 week then go on Splash Galleons in a whole season.
ROYJESS

I agree, the Flume will have more guest riding it than the Splash Galleon and some of the other attractions that they are keeping open...

....more like the Flume cost more to run.
Ryan.B

Battle galleons will cost a bit, the theming still moves when closed, the transit system, the actual ride operation and the boat gets refilled with water when it comes back to the station, surely the flume would be more beneficial to keep open.