Downtime 2015

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
MakoMania

Nemesis Sub-Terra has re-opened and AT only mentioned The Smiler & Ripsaw as closures for tomorrow. Enterprise will reopen today or tomorrow aparrently.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
xylyx

Ooooh any word on whether the restraints are back to normal?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Ripsaw is reportedly back in operation.

[align=center]Image[/align]
Capt.Barnacles

Good to see it's back up and running, hopefully the fact they've fixed it instead of just leaving it means we'll see it operating next year :)
Stan.H

Is Nemesis S-T much different now?? As it has recently reopened
RedStar98

Emporium wrote:Is Nemesis S-T much different now?? As it has recently reopened
I've been on since it reopened last week. The introduction and main ride hasn't changed but the final ending maze-type thing has. From my experiences on the 16th and 17th of July there are no longer live actors (such as the people in gas masks) which I remember from last time, although it does seem a bit longer: there seemed to be a darker area where you have to duck under a curtain thing. Other than that it seems to be pretty much the same :)
TH14TEEN

Th13teen had a lift evac today, on park now in the queue as it has since reopened.
Adam.W

Hopefully not another media field trip, we saw what happened last time th13teen had a lift evac
Tom170499

Rita has been down all morning according to Ride Times. Anyone know why?
Aidan Lowe

Not sure if its in relation to the closure but a woman on FB has mentioned she was hit by something in the face while riding Rita today. Could of added to the downtime but I'm guessing it was technical.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
thi3teenloverboy14

When i was on park last week Air stopped operations. We were told that they were checking the ride area making sure there was nothing blocking it. Not sure if that was true but i saw a man with a staff member who had a clipboard writing down what he was saying, maybe he got hit by something like a bush. Then they sent 2 staff member round on the front 1 on the left and 1 on the right to possibly check that it was clear,strange how they use ride staff not maintence. Also it was on its ruduced capicity again on 2 trains. What was supossed to be a 10min queue ended to be 40!
Ryan.B

Nemesis had a little bit of downtime this morning and rita was down all morning. Also the BBC were definitely trying to do some reporting when I was there 1 or 2 weeks ago, about 5-6 kids with BBC school report lanyards in X sector and Forbidden Valley, nice to see the media has spy's :lol
Aidan Lowe

Anyone know whats up with Enterprise again, guests said it was closed Wednesday and today and AT Twitter also reporting Enterprise may be closed on Friday.
Aidan Lowe

On park today, NST was down all day, Enterprise & Oblivion has temporary stoppages. Went on Enterprise and no. 14 pod sounds really unhealthy, it was screeching so much. Enterprise needs some TLC, sounded like metal grinding on metal when in motion.
Altonboy001

Nst is having a design update again and oblivion shuttle 3 seat 9 wouldn't register locked, I was on car 4
Capt.Barnacles

Can you link a source for N:ST being under another design update? Wonder what they'd be doing this time?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The reason that's been cited is 'maintenance purposes'.

[align=center]Image[/align]
Altonboy001

Dan C wrote:Can you link a source for N:ST being under another design update? Wonder what they'd be doing this time?
A ride operator who's usually on nst but she was on air due to the closure also yesterday rapids had about 2 hrs of down time the waterfalls were off in that time and one empty boat going round ever 15 minutes
Adam.W

NST was down all day today, and for a fair amount of the morning th13teen was down. Apparently in the afternoon Air was down, and towards the end of the day rita was down, with half of the rollback fins up (first half nearest to the station were up), and th13teen was running on 2 trains, probably because it was quiet.
Aidan Lowe

Air was down for a good while yesterday it seems where they had to be released from the restraints at the beginning of the brake run, some guy posted on Twitter these images:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;