Downtime 2015

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Morgan

Report all breakdowns here!
Today, Nemmy is suffering according to ridetimes.com
Altonboy001

According to ride times nemmy still experiencing down time
MakoMania

I was at the park yesterday, Nemesis was closed to public but was running on empty all day. I spoke to a maintenance guy outside the ride he said that rust was dripping off the track because of the rain onto the seats which would ruin people's clothes. So that's the reason it was closed yesterday. The train returned to the break run and the restraints were almost orange!
Burniel

Back up and running today :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Ryan.B

Was on top form today in front row, apart from the people behind the people behind is were trying to push past us all, so the people behind us explained how to queue :lol so it's back up and running!
Air15

Air was down this morning but back open
Air15

Now nemesis is down
Adam.W

Why wasn't Xsector open during half term?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

sum1mad wrote:Why wasn't Xsector open during half term?
Feb Half Term always has a limited ride lineup (typically with a family focus) which the X Sector attractions weren't part of.
Adam.W

How much downtime will the smiler suffer this year? Doesn't look like any work has been done to it.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Smiler will have at least undergone it's usual winter maintenance (not that I know what that specifically involves), so it won't have just sat untouched over closed season.
Aidan Lowe

So Th13teen was down yesterday for about 1-2 hours maybe more but today has probably ceased operation for at least 4 hours. Shockingly bad, but I suppose that's what you get when you want to be first and have prototype coasters in your park.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
RIDECRAZY

So after trying to find a tweet on Alton Towers twitter page, it appears that Thirteen was indeed down with technical difficulties for a significant part of today too! Lots of unhappy people on Twitter, I can sort of see why too, I understand rides will inevitably fail from time to time and that rides are subject to availability but Thirteen is on another level, that's 3 days with consecutive large amounts of down time! Does anyone on here have any knowledge on why this may be or why Thirteen has so much downtime? (More in depth reasoning then the fact its a prototype) I'm really interested :)
Aidan Lowe

It was actually down for pretty much the entire day, it opened at 11am briefly and then ceased operation right up until closing at 4:30pm. Specifics would be nice because its been operational about 5-6 hours in a total of 17 and a half hours over the last 3 days.
Dan

It appears Th13teens technical issues have been solved (for the time being at least) as it is currently open with a 10 minute queue.
Adam.W

What part of it breaks down? I mean, well, how does it break?
bensaund

It could be a number of reasons, failed motor, or something simple like a faulty sensor causing the ride to shut down. As frustrating as it is, I'd rather the ride be down and know the ride is safe. It is shocking that the price to get in keeps going up and up, but the ride reliability and availability seems to never get better. On a plus side Alton seem to be able to keep most of their rides up for most of the time.
Morgan

Nemesis, RMT and spinball are closed!?
Max

RMT and spinball seem to be back up, nemmy still down though.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Aidan Lowe

Oblivion was down for about 2-3 hours today with one train stuck just coming out of the station and starting its ascent. Everything else ran pretty smoothly.