Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Piplup2003

Evening all, just wanna ask a little trivia question I can't find much evidence for :)

On the IMDB page for the film Valiant, it says that part of Katanga Canyons old music was used in some of the music, personally I can't hear it or am I just listening to the wrong version of KCs music?
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.
y2mattdx

Quick question. Does anyone know the current Entertainment timings in the CBeebies Land Hotel? We are trying to plan our weekend and would ideally like to know what is on at what time so that my daughter doesn't miss out on her favourites if we book food/go swimming etc. Thanks
tomrow2020

Hello 

I am starting a position in food and beverage next week. Worked on the resort from 2012-2017 and back for 2020.

I live in Hanley and can't afford the bus fair. ( I live alone and only got my contract through today)
The Job centre have sorted me out with a bus pass. However, its a D & G Bus Pass.

I know that there's a bus that picks you up from Hinde street. However is it a D and G or Staff bus?

Kind regards

Many thanks
Wagstaff04

I may be going to the park during Oktoberfest, so I’m just wondering, if I had to pick and choose between rides during late hours, what are the best ones to try out? Thanks. 
Swarm Chris

Wagstaff04 wrote:I may be going to the park during Oktoberfest, so I’m just wondering, if I had to pick and choose between rides during late hours, what are the best ones to try out? Thanks. 
At the moment the evening ride line-up hasn't been announced. But I suspect Wicker Man will be on the list, and is probably a good one to go for. :)
Morgan

Hey, does anyone know how long the hotel porters can keep hold of luggage after check out? I'm staying on site soon and would quite like to have a day on park without lugging everything around with me.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Morgan wrote:Hey, does anyone know how long the hotel porters can keep hold of luggage after check out? I'm staying on site soon and would quite like to have a day on park without lugging everything around with me.
I've previously left luggage with them for the day, and then collected early evening.
Morgan

Brilliant, thank you :)
RobHand

Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted to the forum (although I have avidly been keeping an eye on it), Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask however...

I am planning a trip to towers on the 1st April - 3rd April, I’ve just purchased a premium merlin membership (worked out cheaper to do monthly). My main question is I’m bringing my brother with me, I’ve read somewhere that you get free tickets with your pass for friends and family, and I’ve also seen £15 for friends and family per ticket

Does anyone know if this is true, if so how many free tickets you get or how many £15 tickets you get

Thanks in advance! Also crowd levels should be fairly low around that time... right?  :lol
Liam.W

You don't get any free tickets. However with your Premium MAP you should receive a Welcome Pack, which contains:
- A pop badge
- A lanyard
- 3x Share the fun vouchers (£15 entry for friends and family)
- 1x Alton £5 Fastrack voucher
- 1x Thorpe £5 Fastrack voucher
- 1x Chessie £5 Fastrack voucher

The week you're going is the week before the easter holidays start and you're going midweek so crowd levels will be relatively quiet.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

cowolter

Hello all!

What is your perception of Alton Towers as a Theme Park? Why do you see it as a 'want to visit' park compared to other parks. What is the pull (if any) that sets it out from any other park in the world that keeps you interested?

Thanks in advance!
Wagstaff04

For me, Alton Towers just feels more magical than any other theme park in the UK. This is largely helped by the audio, but the location is also stunning. It’s a lot more unique than a lot of the other parks, and that’s what separates it.
Brett

This has been bugging me for a while. I’m currently making a detailed model of Ripsaw and need to find out what truck (what model) the op cabin was. I swear I read this somewhere once but I really cant remember or find out what the cabin could be.

Anyone any idea?
NemeJaney

cowolter wrote:Hello all!

What is your perception of Alton Towers as a Theme Park? Why do you see it as a 'want to visit' park compared to other parks. What is the pull (if any) that sets it out from any other park in the world that keeps you interested?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for the late reply! For me it is the historical feel, as characterised by the Towers, gardens and rural landscape, and knowing it has such a rich history that goes back so many centuries. These things create a better sense of genuine escapism, as opposed to the more modern, urban situation of Thorpe, Chessington etc. :)
swfc96

For anyone who went this weekend, what were the queue times like? Is it just the entry capacity that's been reduced or has ride capacity also been reduced?
Chris
Admin
Admin

There were 4000 guests on park on Saturday, which may seem a lot, but the park areas were quiet.

Ride queues were still sizeable due to the understandably longer processes in place, and reduced availability on each coaster train.

It was only The Smiler and Wicker Man that was over an hour I believe.
avecalice

Hiya, this is my first time using the forum so bear with me!

Thinking about going to the park this month and was just wondering if anyone had any tips on the best face masks to wear for ride experience? 

I have a simple fabric ear hook one but I have heard these are not as good as ones that tie fully around your head? I obviously do not want it slipping or falling off during the ride!

Also does anyone know if neck scarf type coverings would be allowed, such as a snood?

Thanks!
Dan

avecalice wrote:Hiya, this is my first time using the forum so bear with me!

Thinking about going to the park this month and was just wondering if anyone had any tips on the best face masks to wear for ride experience? 

I have a simple fabric ear hook one but I have heard these are not as good as ones that tie fully around your head? I obviously do not want it slipping or falling off during the ride!

Also does anyone know if neck scarf type coverings would be allowed, such as a snood?

Thanks!
Hi avecalice, welcome to the forum :)

The rules simply state that face coverings need to be worn on the rides. These don’t need to be medical grade, a simple disposable mask or snood is more than sufficient.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what you’re most comfortable with. I visited the park on Saturday and had a standard “hook round the ears” mask and didn’t have any issues with it coming off on the rides, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest that it’s been an issue for others either.

Hope that helps.
avecalice

Dan wrote:
avecalice wrote:Hiya, this is my first time using the forum so bear with me!

Thanks!
Hi avecalice, welcome to the forum :)

The rules simply state that face coverings need to be worn on the rides. These don’t need to be medical grade, a simple disposable mask or snood is more than sufficient.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what you’re most comfortable with. I visited the park on Saturday and had a standard “hook round the ears” mask and didn’t have any issues with it coming off on the rides, and I haven’t seen anything to suggest that it’s been an issue for others either.

Hope that helps.
That's really useful to know, thanks!!
DrKelman

I'm sorry if this question has been asked multiple times but does anyone know the best taxi service or the cheapest taxi service from Uttoxeter train station to Alton Towers Resort?