Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dan

MarmilisedBanana wrote:Hello there! Does anyone know anything about the 2021 season passes? I was promised one for my birthday but it dosn't seem like they’ll be on sale at all.

Are they going to sell them when they re-open after the extended closing period because of COVID, or are they just not going to sell them at all?

If anyone knows please tell me! Thank you!
Right now no-one knows.

The Resort have said that they’ll review things “in the New Year” but I think it’s much more likely that they’ll wait until they know what the season will look like and what restrictions they’ll be under.

It’s possible they’ll release something a bit later in the year that will cover the remainder of the season.
jermyrene86

Me and some friends are considering a two day trip to Alton Towers in the summer and we're wondering if it's better to stay at an on-site hotel or if we should get one near to the resort. Does anyone have any advice? And possibly any other tips for a multiple day visit?
Chris
Admin
Admin

jermyrene86 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:22 pm Me and some friends are considering a two day trip to Alton Towers in the summer and we're wondering if it's better to stay at an on-site hotel or if we should get one near to the resort. Does anyone have any advice? And possibly any other tips for a multiple day visit?
Really it's down to cost. The on-site hotels are great, but expensive. It's very convenient being able to stay next to the park, and the various themed rooms and facilities add that little bit of magic to the stay.
Dan

jermyrene86 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:22 pm Me and some friends are considering a two day trip to Alton Towers in the summer and we're wondering if it's better to stay at an on-site hotel or if we should get one near to the resort. Does anyone have any advice? And possibly any other tips for a multiple day visit?
If your budget allows, I would stay on-site.

For me it just adds so much more to the trip than doing a single day or staying off-site. It’s a feeling that I can’t really put my finger on, but there’s something about staying at the Resort that really enhances your experience.

While the standard rooms in ATH and Splash are decent enough, given the choice I would always opt for either a themed room or a lodge in the Enchanted Village, which is arguably the most magical of all the accommodation options.
mattiepearce

What’s the best way around the park at the moment, I’m going on Monday having not been for years, advice for how to get on the most amount of rides in the day appreciated!
Chris
Admin
Admin

What’s the best way around the park at the moment, I’m going on Monday having not been for years, advice for how to get on the most amount of rides in the day appreciated!
Definitely be there early and try to be one of the first at Wicker Man. After, head to Th13teen. Both these rides are currently running with reduced capacity due to social distancing, so still attract very large queues compared to the other major rides.
mattiepearce

Chris wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:42 pm
Definitely be there early and try to be one of the first at Wicker Man. After, head to Th13teen. Both these rides are currently running with reduced capacity due to social distancing, so still attract very large queues compared to the other major rides.
Lovely thank you, need to do spinball whizzer first to ease my girlfriend in though 😂 any recommended taxi companies from stoke/uttoxeter?
pjb012

hi everybody... I am planning a visit to Alton Towers Sat 31st July and Sun 1st Aug. Merlin Passes are sold out, so I will need to buy tickets for a group of 5. Cheapest price I have found is a 2 day ticket at £41.65pp via a corporate discount offer but I know cereals etc sometimes offer 2for1 etc. Also, Alton Towers used to offer bounceback for the second day but I dont know if that is still going and cost, so just wondering what other options there are?
Chris
Admin
Admin

Since 2020 the offers have been few and far between, so unfortunately I feel that's the best you may get for now.
LoopinLiam

Quick Question - is The Gardener’s Cottage still occupied by anything? I've seen modern items on counters through the windows and it seems as if it had been used recently, but I've yet to find out what.
Looping Liam/Theme Park Goose
Bexa

LoopinLiam wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:27 am Quick Question - is The Gardener’s Cottage still occupied by anything? I've seen modern items on counters through the windows and it seems as if it had been used recently, but I've yet to find out what.
I think they keep old/out of use arcade machines and the like in the houses in the garden
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
Chris
Admin
Admin

Yeah, just storage now I believe.
vikkimoo

Any idea how busy it might be on Monday 6th?
Chris
Admin
Admin

Difficult one as it depends on if all schools are back by then - wouldn't say it would be half as busy than at the moment though.
TibBo

Morning folks! has anyone seen any times for the scarefest shows/monster ball etc posted anywhere?
Chris
Admin
Admin

No don't think so yet. Anyone else do correct me if I'm wrong!
TibBo

Ahh thanks Chris! I know they normally have a signpost by the entrance, but it might not be there yet as it doesn't start until this coming weekend :)
ROYJESS

How long dose it take on average to do the Garden Light walk: Whispering Souls? I would like to do it, but I don't want to take up too much of my night time up as I would like to make the most of riding the rides in the dark
Adz
Admin
Admin

It ultimately depends how fast you go through it.

Assuming no changes from last year you can get it done in as little as 15 minutes, but I took a good 45 minutes to get through it with multiple stops for photos.

It’s a lovely addition and definitely worth taking a little time out to see it.
RollerCoasterRachel
Team
Team

I agree with Adz, you can get around in about 15 minutes if you just want to walk through, but there's so many wonderful photo opportunities if you did manage to have some time for them. I highly recommend it as it really does look so stunning at night :)