Nemesis and Sub-Terra theming: do they match?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
valhallaist

Whatever the "backstory" is, I always felt Nemesis' theme was more dark fantasy than horror sci-fi. The basic atmosphere to me speaks of hell on earth; with the twisted structures, the bloodfall, the eerie music etc. It's like the creature came out of the hell itself, instead of outer space.

Sub-Terra on the other hand has images like a military base and an alien egg resting on a laboratory incubator. It's more of the sci fi space-alien-invades-earth type of theme that's more suited for the X-Sector section of the park than Forbidden Valley. It doesn't quite gel with the post-apocalypse theme. I know it's more in tune with the "story", but the atmosphere at Forbidden Valley is more a ruined landscape where the military and scientific labs are long gone.

Arguably both are rooted in science fiction, but I feel like they have two distinct flavours that don't go all that well together.
alicheesy

I agree. Also, I don't like how they present it as a big crab thing on Sub-Terra which ruins the mystery and doesn't really fit the story.
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
NemeJaney

Yeah, the inconsistency of Nemesis' portrayed anatomy is slightly irritating. There is the station(my personal favourite), the N:ST video version and the illustration in the comic, which is probably the least matching. :P

I don't mind having 2 sub-themes within the main theme of Nemesis for the 2 attractions, but I do think that some stronger link of the themes would be good, such as the legend being more clearly shown around both, to enrichen the understanding for the guests more.
NemesisRider

I agree. N:ST and Nemesis definitely do portray Nemesis quite differently. But, considering that it had been 17 years since the ride first opened when they were designing/constructing Sub Terra, I don't think they did a bad job at all!

I think the building where the station is looks forbidden valley themed enough, also it is located in a place where there are several corrugated iron booth type things for fastracks, etc so it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

I can't say I like the way Sub Terra shows Nemmy, but I guess the Phalanx is meant to be military so why they put it in does make at least a little sense to me.

The thing I don't like however is the comics. They are completely unnecessary IMO, and they look bad.

(Still, I think I'm the N:ST queue they should play the full Nemesis story instead of what they currently have, that could resolve several of the issues).
Jamie

The inside theming of Sub Terra on the inside matches Nemesis, but not on the outside - it's a metal shed.