Paultons Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chris
Admin
Admin

As someone has pointed out on CoasterForce - the park clearly has enthusiasm and drive to succeed in the future. It's lovely to see.

Really need to pay a visit again - the last time was with SouthParks in 2008!
DSCF2607.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dom

TTSP Do Paultons! I'm up for that so much! Also, OMG, Chris, look at you! You look so young!

The problem I have with Paultons is that despite it just being down the road from me, I don't feel i can ever visit because i don't have children, but its always so lovely to see what they do and how they have built themselves up over the years. Its wonderful!
Chris
Admin
Admin

Have I aged that badly then? ;)

If we had enough interest we could approach the park to see if any perks are available.
Swarm Chris

Paultons have been showing Merlin up in their build up to new additions for 2020. A new themed land, with what looks like a new roller coaster, updated log flume and some flats.

Source

Have to say, this could make Paultons the leading UK family park in my view. Which I find incredible, growing up with the park when it barely had traveling fair ground attractions, a train, a maze and a few small animals. Compared to Chessington from nearly 30 years ago, which was basically the same as now, except with a monorail and a train.
Sozzy40

Swarm Chris wrote:Paultons have been showing Merlin up in their build up to new additions for 2020. A new themed land, with what looks like a new roller coaster, updated log flume and some flats.

Source

Have to say, this could make Paultons the leading UK family park in my view. Which I find incredible, growing up with the park when it barely had traveling fair ground attractions, a train, a maze and a few small animals. Compared to Chessington from nearly 30 years ago, which was basically the same as now, except with a monorail and a train.
This is really interesting! Don't think there are any major surprises in this post, but time for an analysis!
Storm Chaser: That track looks like a large Mack or Gerstlauer. Considering Paultons is a family park, it wouldn't be anything massive. So a family thrill coaster themed to storms. Simple. The Mack Spinning coaster.
Buffalo Falls: I've been speculating this a lot, and its definitely a retheme of Wave Runner (In case you haven't been to Paultons Park, its like Depth Charge at Thorpe).
Farming and Power Generation: Is that a GIANT DISCOVERY I see?
Al's Garage: A retheme of Trekking Tractors.
Jesse's Route 83 Diner: A restaurant
Think that's about it. I'm going to be heading to Paultons during half term for a construction update.

Edit:
START OF SEASON UPDATE:

Just got back from the first day of Paulton's 2019 season (BPB isn't the only park to open early in the year) and it was good, with several updates throughout the park.

Firstly, the gardens have got an update. If you walk into the gardens via the front entrance, now there's a plaza with signs and a nice queue board:Image
Further into the park, several rides in Peppa Pig World have had sheds added to their queues:
The park recently relocated their Flamingo enclosure to make way for Tornado Springs. The new enclosure is much better than the old one!
A few small updates to the Dinosaur Encounter:
And, finally, the main event: Tornado Springs construction!

Several teasers have been put up around the site advertising the area. It looks as though we could be seeing a few drop towers as well as the other rumoured additions.
The construction itself! It looks as though Wave Runner will be getting rethemed as part of the area with rocks added.
That's about it for Paulton's closed season updates!
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
Swarm Chris

Sozzy40 wrote: START OF SEASON UPDATE:

Just got back from the first day of Paulton's 2019 season (BPB isn't the only park to open early in the year) and it was good, with several updates throughout the park.

Firstly, the gardens have got an update. If you walk into the gardens via the front entrance, now there's a plaza with signs and a nice queue board:Image
Further into the park, several rides in Peppa Pig World have had sheds added to their queues:
The park recently relocated their Flamingo enclosure to make way for Tornado Springs. The new enclosure is much better than the old one!
A few small updates to the Dinosaur Encounter:
And, finally, the main event: Tornado Springs construction!

Several teasers have been put up around the site advertising the area. It looks as though we could be seeing a few drop towers as well as the other rumoured additions.
The construction itself! It looks as though Wave Runner will be getting rethemed as part of the area with rocks added.
That's about it for Paulton's closed season updates!
The park is unrecognisable since I was last there! :)

I'm really liking the marketing they've been doing for their 2020 additions. Along with the various posters we've seen, they've created an entire community of Twitter accounts, which are building a back story to the area and making it feel more alive.

You've got:

Tornado Springs Tourism Bureau who provide most the information about the new land.

Jessie's Diner, which will become one of the food outlets and currently posts like a small family run diner.

Al's Auto Academy, which will also become an attraction. The owner Al also happens to be married to Jessie who runs the diner.

Then also Farmer Flo, Angus, Coops and Mayor Bill who all interact with each other about events occurring around Tornado Springs.

It's fun. :)
Chris
Admin
Admin

I like the style of it all - quite similar to Carowinds's Copperhead Strike approach.
GregH94

I’m looking forward to it, it’s going to be one of the best family themed areas in the U.K.! 
Swarm Chris

A new teaser image has been released by Paultons Park, showing the design for what I presume will be called Cyclonator.

Swarm Chris

It appears that we are getting closer to an announcement, with new information expected this weekend.

It would also appear that the new attraction or area overall will be receiving a soundtrack by IMAscore.

@Jesse83Diner @AlsAutoAcademy hi guys really looking forward to the weekend, look at this cute note I just got from the grandkids. Love the invite design, think I'M A score'n u 10 out of 10 for that! See y'all Sunday @TornadoSprings
Swarm Chris

Quite a few updates have been occurring today, the most interesting perhaps being this one.

Could the park be intending to compete more with the Merlin parks for the family market in 2020? The use of Thorpe Park's "like no other" tagline is certainly an intriguing choice of words, and I would guess not an accident.
Swarm Chris

The back story of the Tornado Springs development at Paultons Park has progressed, to a point where we now have a clearer idea of what the new area will contain.

Having been previously hit by Storm Mack, the story has now continued to include a widespread power cut, caused by the after effects of the storm.

A newly formed Twitter account for the local radio station, has been reporting on the power outages, whilst also playing a mix of songs on the Tornado Springs website, which may well turn out to be some of the IMAscore area music. The radio station also provides adverts for Al's Auto Academy driving school, along with menu items from Jessie's Diner, which includes Handmade Ranch Burgers and Cyclone Shakes.

Meanwhile, the town's Mayor has been on a fact finding mission to try and find a way to fix the power issues, including a trip to see a similar project out in the Sierra's. Along with the storm being called Storm Mack, this is most likely a reference to Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's Berry Farm, which is a Mack Spinning coaster that matches the style of previous imagery used. The Tornado Springs website indicates that the rollercoaster will be themed on storm chasers.

An announcement on the proposed fix is due at the town's annual May Day Festival.

With the Tornado Springs website giving the following description of one area of the park along with an image of a flat ride, it is likely that the announcement on May 1st will be about the flat rides.

We could see some interestingly themed flat rides being added alongside the rollercoaster, Buffalo Falls water slide, driving school, train crossing and diner.
Sozzy40

I visited the park on Thursday.
Firstly, there are speakers around the construction fence playing the radio as well. Reminds me of WWTP radio at Thorpe park.
Secondly, it was ridiculously busy, with queues reaching almost an hour. Which may not sound like much, but for Paultons, it's ridiculous.
Thirdly, ride reliability was ok. Sky swinger was shut the whole day. Victorian carousel and Raging River Ride both went down for a few hours. But, I'll end on a high: The future's looking bright for Paultons Park

Edit: they've also changed the map. I don't have an example, but it's basiacially using a code to represent rides, like LK1 for Flight of the Pterosaur (Lost Kingdom one)
Swarm Chris

One of the Tornado Springs Twitter accounts has posted this image, possibly showing some of the foundations for the new area.

Swarm Chris

The first of the new flat rides being added to the Tornado Springs development has been unveiled. Called Windmill Towers, it looks to be two power generation themed rotating drop towers.

Dom

I am confused about one thing. What age is Tornado Springs supposed to be aiming for? If it’s aiming to attract the older generation than I feel that the parks going to have a hard time doing this as for the past few years it’s primarily been aimed at the younger generation. I don’t feel myself able to attend unless I have a child with me. And if it’s aiming to attract the younger kids, the rides seem a bit too adult for them. I’m so confused by this area! One thing I do know is that Paultons Park will do a good job with it!
Sozzy40

Dom wrote:I am confused about one thing. What age is Tornado Springs supposed to be aiming for? If it’s aiming to attract the older generation than I feel that the parks going to have a hard time doing this as for the past few years it’s primarily been aimed at the younger generation. I don’t feel myself able to attend unless I have a child with me. And if it’s aiming to attract the younger kids, the rides seem a bit too adult for them. I’m so confused by this area! One thing I do know is that Paultons Park will do a good job with it!
Good question. I think it's varied. There are kids rides so it's a reason for Peppa Pig World and Lost Kingdom fans to come back. There are thrill rides so their parents are satisfied as well. And, if the park adds more thrilling attractions going forward, then the adults can do the new thrilling attractions and the rides in Tornado Springs
Swarm Chris

Another foundation photo from Paultons Park. Given the account being referenced, I suspect these have something to do with the rollercoaster, which will be themed on storm chasing.

I think Tornado Springs is meant to still be aimed at the family market. Whilst the promotional pictures appear to show the rollercoaster inverting, I would be surprised if it did. Although having said that, the attention to detail in this project has been extremely high so far...
ThrillJunkie

Windmill Towers is an odd one. From the image it looks to be a family drop tower with a rotating base that seats 10 riders per tower which seems odd as they already have "Magma" which is only a few years old and very similar?

Brilliant teasers and theming though
ThrillJunkieUK
Swarm Chris

More construction hints, showing possibly part of the coaster track (although it seems too thin to me).

The latest part of the story are major roadworks leading into town, caused by ongoing ground works.