Paultons Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
ThemeCrafter264

Which end of the park is this?
Max

B side, next to the meerkats/PPW.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Ryan.B

Will it be worth delaying a trip for I wonder.. If I go this year and we get something large in 2017 I'll really regret it :lol
Max

It's not something to delay a trip for, but it's still a good addition for the park and their market nonetheless.
Ryan.B

I'm hoping for an Rapids, fun and family friendly!
Max

The park's Christmas offering has been confirmed, and tickets are now available. There will be a new 4D film, and the grotto will follow a new story titled "Rudolph's Adventure". As usual, there will also be a large selection of rides and attractions available for the Christmas period.

More info can be found here: https://paultonspark.co.uk/attractions/christmas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mpurkiss

Max How reliable is your source for the new attraction for 2017. I was on a thread for Thorpe park mania forums and they said there will be nothing new next year but there will be something new in 2018.
Owen

You're brave, if your source is anyone of importance I personally wouldn't be spreading information on a very public fan site! ;)
Max

Or maybe I'm just fueling speculation.

In all seriousness as far as I'm aware there is no official word on anything for 2017, a fair few rumours around though. Wait and see :)
Owen

But you've been posting as though you know something as fact?

This is just confusing and unnecessary for people on the forum, if its rumour then state it, don't give vague hints toward something that you may not know as truth.
Dom

If Paultons Park are to actually get anything next year, we probably won't officially find out for some time yet. Rumours are rumours and really shouldn't be believed as fact until official statements have been released or proof is given to back up the statements.

Please refrain from posting things as fact if your not entirely sure it is fact as it can be very confusing to people reading the forums and can cause misinformation and even heated discussions. We like to stay happy :)
Max

My mistake. Apologies.

I have a feeling that lack of work may see the developments pushed back to 2018.
Dom

Paultons Park recently announced on social media that from February half term, a new film will be playing in their 4D cinema

Burniel

Looks like there's going to be some new rides coming to Peppa Pig World in Spring 2018. Could these be what Max was alluding to last year? This construction update is a nice little overview of what little there is to see now.

I'm not sure what the magnitude of this project will be, but if they're starting work now, I guess it's going to be pretty big, in which case I'm very impressed by the park's investments lately! I haven't even been yet and I can tell that it will beat Chessington to be the best family theme park in the UK for me.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
wamdue

just heard of this place via some random googling, ok so I am too old for this place, ive not got kids and I dont think the dinosaurs are going to be up to my expectations, but yes im impressed with the investment as well, same for their website its very well made for such a small outfit.

Peppa Pig maybe the selling point, but if you could get one big ride (keep the dinosaur theme) it might tempt some teenagers to not stay at home whilst the young siblings go with mum and dad.
MagicAngel94

Which company is the manufacturer of the flat rides in Peppa Pig World? (Air balloon, Train, Boat... )
Sozzy40

Paultons park have filed trademarks for the following names:
Storm chaser
Tornado springs
Al’s auto academy
Route 83
Al’s general store

83’ is almost definitely a reference to the Park’s opening year, 1983

I think we could be seeing a western themed area.
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
Chris
Admin
Admin

Hopefully the Storm Chaser ride will reflect that of its Kentucky counterpart ;)
Rob
Admin
Admin

Wow this seems like it could be another large expansion for the park. If its a new area and is themed as good as the Lost Kingdom then i can see this being a huge success for the park. I wonder if this could be a retheme of the area where Cobra and the Edge is as this when i visited this year this was the only real area of the park that looked rather bland.
Sozzy40

Ok, a bit of a breakthrough! After some research, i discovered some information on CoasterForce about a Tornado Springs twitter account, with some evidence it was linked to PP. I had a look at it and imgur does'nt seem to be co-operating so here's a link to the CoasterForce page:
http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/paultons-park-tornado-springs-new-area-for-2020.43094/#post-1044181
Only two posts: a introduction reading Welcome to the tornado springs tourisum bureau. Follow all the latest news, happenings and events from the breezy county. and another reading Now hiring for the following positions down at the Route 83 restaurant: Restaurant Manager, Head Chef, Waitrers and Waitresses. Good pay. Daytime shifts available.
Groundwork on something has been spotted along from the old Pelican and Flamingo enclosures which are currently in the process of being removed. So, more space?
Whilst i'm talking about construction, i might as well mention that i sighted some works on the grassy patch between Cat-o-pillar and the carousel. I'm thinkina a new picnic area, nothing big. What do you think?
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man