Paultons Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Coke

I found this on Screamscape:
--------------------------------------------------------
Another Screamscape source has confirmed that the park will indeed get a Mega Disk’O Coaster next season that will run parallel to Cobra’s camelbacks. Ground work has started already and a sign showing off the ride has also been placed near Cobra. The sign also mentions that a new “water park” area will open in Kid’s Kingdom, apparently replacing the old playground structure.

--------------------------------------------------------
It sounds exciting and certainly will compliment Cobra, but if the queues for Cobra are bad, I can't imagine how long the wait will be on busy days!
Last edited by Coke on Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you thirsty?
AstroDan

This is great news for a park that I probably won't be visiting due to its location.

I have yet to see a Mega Disc-O in the UK, and this will be a unique attraction to Paultons Park.

:D
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""AstroDan""]This is great news for a park that I probably won't be visiting due to its location.

I have yet to see a Mega Disc-O in the UK, and this will be a unique attraction to Paultons Park.

:D[/quote]

Flamingo Land have one but it's a half pipe as oppose to one with a hump in the middle so unique with the hump, kind of like Quazimodo. :lol:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Mankey

Oooh! Steady on Paultons :lol: Don't over do it!!

haha! Nah that sounds pretty cool :) its changed alot over the years it has, i havent been there for a good 10 years. So... this might give me a reason to go there again and finally ride Cobra. :lol: (its only a 30 min drive or so from my house to Paultons as well!!)

^^ Chris ^^
Last edited by Mankey on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back from hibernation!
AstroDan

Yeah, I know Flamingo and Adventure Island have them - although Adventure Island's is much smaller than Flamingo's.
Anonymous

I shall now visit Paultons just to do this :D
CF1

In the Nigloland in France i have Ride one, 100%Fun Machine witha lot of Airtime and a very great spin.
Its a good Ride for the whole Family i think.
AdamJ

If anyone's interested here's a POV of a Zamperla MEGA Disko Coaster:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mGqzO5MJ9lE

And an off-ride:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4W8fDPtIB ... re=related

The hill could create some incredible airtime if the speed's right!
seanyboyuk

that ride gives it a new twist indeed looks quite good.
maybe the existing half pipe versions could be sold the middle part to extend it?
Mankey

TTF Meet at Paultons PLEEEASE :lol:

Haha that does look like it'll be quite fun actually!

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Dara

WOW!!

Even though i dont really like these rides, its certainly big news for Paultons!! This will also be the most intense ride at the park, so its certainly an interesting directtion that they're moving in.

I dont think Paultons (in fact i know Paultons) will never install any high thrill rides (definately nothing that goes upside down), but something like this seems to suggest a move towards major family theme park status.

Up until about 2005 all the rides they installed were fairly cheap run-of-the-mill fairground type rides. Kontiki, The Cobra, Sky Swinger and now this, certainly suggests a move away from that.

And since they are so blatantly a family park, i'm amazed they went for the larger model. Certainly an interesting move though

Yeah... i reckon Paultons is one to watch over the next few years :)
Sanbrooke Productions

Very nice. After riding Flamingo Land's i may be tempted to go to ride this as it looks even better. I like the bump in the middle too and i'm shure it will be a good ride once it's open. :D
senor_cooper

The ride seems to waste a lot of time getting up speed to make it over the hump. Surely boarding on the hump would make for a ride that roars instantly into action. Would make stopping the thing trickier though.
Dara

To be honest i dont think that Paultons are really that bothered about a ride "roaring into action"
This is going to be the most intense ride in the park by a long way, and when you look at the other rides at Paultons and consider their target audience, i wouldn't be a bit suprised if this ride was set so it was on quite a short cycle and therefore unable to reach its maximum speed. Such a large scale ride, if able to reach its full speed would be far to intense for the very very young families that Paultons get
senor_cooper

Yes. I was merely commenting that the ride has what I would consider to be a design imperfection.
AstroDan

[quote=""senor_cooper""]Yes. I was merely commenting that the ride has what I would consider to be a design imperfection.[/quote]

You could argue that Heave Ho should start at the top, and that you should board the Tea Cups as they move slowly so you get to full speed quicker. Indeed, Oblivion should board at the top so you go straight down. Couldn't Ripsaw have steps up to it, so that you get on and immediately go into a loop?

:lol:
senor_cooper

All of those options would involve a ridiculously complex loading process, whereas what I suggested would involve nothing more than the slight relocation of the loading station and would to my mind make the ride more enjoyable and would also require a shorter cycle, thereby increasing throughput.

I do admit, however that I am not an engineer and am prepared to accept that the designers thought of this and that the problems with stopping the ride would outweigh the advantages offered by relocating the loading station.
Mankey

But... it's Paultons!! Do you have ANY idea how "Unthrilling" the park is?! :lol: Perhaps at another park, but not Paultons!

After all... its a "Hoot Hoot" at Paultons Park! :wink:

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
ihavenoknees

I'm wondering if you have missed AstroDans point. Its not an enginerring issue, its part of the ride experience. You build up to the fullswing bit.
Are you saying how to make the ride better without going on one of these models before? Thinks can always be different. Why not add another hump or do a loop. Just because you dont see something doesnt mean a lot of thought went into it one way or another, and all the rest.

(PS there not that good but they are fun. Dont over do your hopes and just enjoy it when you get the chance)
see above[/i]
amcmaster1

Its good to see that this park is really going forward, i wonder what attempts they will make with the theming if any but it looks like a fun ride.

Are there any more details on the new water park area aswell??
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean