Madame Tussauds London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Morgan

Chewbacca was there in December, I can't see why he's gone?
Owen

Morgan wrote:Chewbacca was there in December, I can't see why he's gone?
Must've ran away :lol

In all seriousness it was a very big let down as he was one of the main characters we wanted to see - oh well I guess there's always next time!
Adam.W

Chewie is back.

(in the Milenium Falcon bit where you sit where Han Solo would have sat)
Owen

After looking at the BBFC (British Board of Film Clasification) I found something quite interesting. I believe ScareTour spotted this too -

Whilst the attraction in question isn't disclosed, the Madame Tussaud's link is clearly there. Interestingly it's been given a 15 rating and was directed by Ridley Scott, who for those who don't know, directed Alien, Prometheus and Alien: Covenant. There are also a few other "Alien Day 2017" clips that are on the BBFC website including "Alien Day 2017 - Ridley Scott Greeting" and "Alien Day 2017 - Prologue: The Crossing Piece Footage". It also seems to be more or less confirmed to be scary!

Whilst this could be a one off, it could also be for a new section of a Madame Tussaud's attraction, my money would be on a new scare maze to replace Scream. We will find out tomorrow when the trailer runs!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Madame Tussauds have today announced ALIEN: Escape, a new immersive experience that’s based on the ALIEN: Covenant movie launching this summer. There's a minisite here, which also details a competition where the winner will get the opportunity to star in a pre-recorded video that will feature in the attraction.
Dom

Scaretour have revealed more information today
The official press release, launching a competition to be part of the new Alien Escape experience at Madame Tussauds London, gives some intriguing clues as to what the attraction will be. Full details will be announced towards the summer but we know the following:

It will be “a terrifying new immersive experience” – so not just an Alien waxwork. It will allow “visitors and Alien fans alike to witness first-hand the terror of being on-board the Covenant ship” as they frantically search for an exit to the heart-racing experience and a pathway back to safety”
Following the demise of Scream: One Way Out, it’s exciting to see that some scare entertainment is returning to the attraction:

"For the first time ever, Madame Tussauds London will be offering one lucky fan the opportunity to become immortalised within the attraction as part of a terrifying new immersive experience, due out later this summer. In advance of Twentieth Century Fox and Ridley Scott’s highly anticipated film Alien: Covenant, the latest chapter in the ground breaking sci-fi thriller Alien franchise, the world famous attraction is calling on fans to show them their best blood-curdling scream for a chance to appear in a soon to be launched, multi-sensory experience.

The new experience, Alien: Escape will allow Madame Tussauds London visitors and Alien fans alike to witness first-hand the terror of being on-board the Covenant ship, following the release of the chilling blockbuster film, Alien: Covenant in theatres globally starting 12 May.

Further details on the experience will be revealed closer to its opening date later this summer, but in the meantime all Alien fans are asked to step up and accept their mission to enter the competition. The process is simple: all they need to do is record a short video of them taking on the role of an ill-fated crew member trapped aboard the Covenant ship, showing their reaction as they desperately try to escape.

Deciding whose petrified scream is to take a starring role in the experience will be Madame Tussauds London’s General Manager, Edward Fuller and Alien Creature Creator, Conor O’Sullivan. The winner will then feature in a video recording at the heart of the experience, as visitors frantically search for an exit to the heart-racing experience and a pathway back to safety.

Edward Fuller, General Manager at Madame Tussauds London, said: “Running a competition like this is a first for our attraction but I know fans will jump at the chance to be part of such an iconic experience. I’m looking forward to judging all the terrifying performances of the competition contestants, and giving our winner a starring role in Alien: Escape when it makes its gruesome arrival later this year.”

“Fear is at the core of the ALIEN franchise and this unique contest offers fans the opportunity to express themselves for a chance to be a part of a truly terrifying experience,” said Greg Lombardo, SVP of Global Live and Location Based Entertainment, FoxNext Location Based Entertainment.

For further information and all details on how to enter, visit: madametussauds.com/Alien"
Plus they also revealed the logo

djwarder

Does anyone know if this is replacing the Sherlock Holmes show that in turn replaced the Chamber of Horrors last year?
Wasn't sure what it would be like, but looked well themed at least!
Owen

I seem to remember something about the fashion area, or something close to it. I'm not 100% though! :)
Michelle

I believe you're right Owen.
Justin

Yes, it is the 'Fashion Week' area which is next to the party section. 'Fashion Week ' will return later in the year, although this may be located elsewhere in the attraction!
Count-Vonduel

lewis97 wrote:where the winner will get the opportunity to star in a pre-recorded video that will feature in the attraction.
Heres hoping somone "unmarketable" and "unattractive" (prefrably wearing a Pepe shirt) wins...just so we can watch the Hollywood folks squirm for out amusment! :twisted:
Owen

Unfortunately it seems Alien Escape is going to be closed for a little while whilst damages from the recent flooding are corrected. This shouldn't last too long though! :)
Dungeon-X-Smile

Alien Escape is open!
And is okay with beautiful sets but is criminally short and very over priced. Would not have done it if I hadn't been a passholder. 
The Sherlock one is pretty good though! Very enjoyable.