New Website

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheBeast

Haha good choice thats exactly what we did too! :lol
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
NemesisRider

I think I preferred the old site. As well as being easier to navigate, I felt it had a little more character. Merlin now are getting a lot of their websites and making them less characteristic but more clean and crisp.

Also, the new site seems to be lacking in the videos they had of the rides, which I quite liked.
Adz
Admin
Admin

This new website is truly awful in every conceivable way. It defies many basic standards of webdesign and tries to do things to the browser behavior that is simply unacceptable.

Information is also poorly displayed and often inaccurate or missing entirely. Opening times are a good indicator of this and are a complete mess.

I've had a poke through the website code and it's abysmal - most of it is copied and pasted from stack overflow and what is custom is so badly written I'm surprised anything is showing up at all.

In short, I'm not a fan. ;)
Danny

Woah, anyone would think you've taken a slight disliking to the new site ;)
Ryan.B

Has Oblivion always said 'Oblivion was one of the Ministry of Joys First Experiments since the smilers opening, it says something similar about enterprise as well
NemesisRider

I do believe the site has said something similar since The Smiler's opening. However, I've never seen anything like that about Enterprise on the site.
Vladimir Bobinski

I noticed this when looking for Thorpe/Alton opening times the other day, it took me long enough to work out which category they had dumped it under, it is truly awful.
Justin

It is very slow, and trying to find out hotel costs is painful! It never seems to load on Chrome or IE!
zippy

Viewed on Chrome at home and Internet Explorer at work and I love the new website. much faster than previous site for me, easier to scroll through and find information