Alton Towers own Enchanted Forest

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
cookiee_munster

Seeing as the Gardens are protected and could never be built on (something which I strongly adhere to) id love to see something like Scotland’s Enchanted Forest come to the gardens during the winter evenings kind of like an added addition to the fireworks events as well as a possible stand alone event during the winter while the attractions are closed.

It doesn’t have to go in the gardens I guess, seeing as Scotland’s Enchanted Forest takes place in a… forest… 8-[ and we all know Alton Towers has some great woodland surrounding the park.

I just thought it would be something good to breathe some life back into the gardens again. There’s some great architecture there not to mention great planting that would look great all lit up, as well as the pools and lakes that could serve as area’s for fountain shows etc…

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Morgan

It would be great to open up the gardens in the winter, but it probably won't happen because the public will see all the maintenance.
mark_h

They would have to be very careful with marketing to ensure people don't expect the full Alton Towers experience (rides etc.)
Themeparksandy1981

Who would want to go to Alton Towers just to visit the gardens in the cold weather season. People who love going round gardens and houses are members of National Trust.
cookiee_munster

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:Who would want to go to Alton Towers just to visit the gardens in the cold weather season. People who love going round gardens and houses are members of National Trust.
thats the thing though. the option is there. its a way for the park to generate more income during the winter period when the park is closed. much like that the new high ropes course thats being built.

i kind of like the idea of staying in the hotels when the park is closed. then venturing out and walking around the gardens while its all lit up, then grabbing a hot chocolate in that old tea room thats been shut forever... not everyone's cup of tea i guess.
Morgan

I totally agree about the National Trust thing, however, there is only one NT place near-by. I reckon Merlin will partner with NT, so that NT members get discounted entry, and maybe the Towers and Gardens can open exclusively for NT members a week before park opening in March. There could also be free tours to NT members during peak-season.
Just a thought :)
cookiee_munster

The news about Prospect Tower leaves me quite hopeful that a little more attention may eventually come to the gardens.