Tree Top Quest [SBNO]

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Ryan.B

I'm loving the look of this, the starting tower looks very nicely done, as does the rest of the course ! It will really help the resort be an all round resort other than the park, water park and spa!
Tom

Just to clarify regarding MAP discount, Alton have confirmed to me that the usual 20% discount does apply.
However, at this stage the only way you can book and incorporate this discount is via email on treetopquest@alton-towers.com. They will then call to arrange a time etc. I'm probably going to go this weekend at some point so will let you know how well this temporary system works!

I agree that £25 does sound quite expensive, however when compared against similar local sites it isn't. Aerial Extreme at Trentham is £26 and Go Ape at Delamere is £31.
Stan.H

Altonboy001

Tom-TT wrote:Just to clarify regarding MAP discount, Alton have confirmed to me that the usual 20% discount does apply.
However, at this stage the only way you can book and incorporate this discount is via email on treetopquest@alton-towers.com. They will then call to arrange a time etc. I'm probably going to go this weekend at some point so will let you know how well this temporary system works!

I agree that £25 does sound quite expensive, however when compared against similar local sites it isn't. Aerial Extreme at Trentham is £26 and Go Ape at Delamere is £31.

Also if you are staff you can use the magic pass one ticket between two people from june 1st and between 12 and 3 you have to book also via email
Aidan Lowe

The high/low ropes course on selected dates can be done for a mere £1 with the VIP pass. 1st, 4th & 12th September. It certainly looks interesting, I cannot make those dates though or else I'd be doing it :(
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dom

Is it worth doing? I mean, for someone who hardly ever visits the park and is lucky to get there once a year, is it really something worth doing?
Dan

Dom wrote:Is it worth doing? I mean, for someone who hardly ever visits the park and is lucky to get there once a year, is it really something worth doing?
TTQ is absolutely worth doing Dom, it's a great addition to the resort. When Zach & I did it we were on the course for about half an hour so it doesn't take a huge chunk out of your day, and it's a good way to break up the weekend if there's only so many coasters you can take :)
Dan

The TreeTop Quest opening times page has been updated with new operating hours for the attraction over winter.

TreeTop Quest will now only be open between on weekends until December 12th, after which it will be open every day with the exception of Christmas Day and Boxing Day. The attraction also seems to have been given set opening hours of 9am-2:30pm which are in place on every day that it is open (exceptions being Christmas Eve 9am-12pm and Sunday 27th December 10am-2:30pm)

What do people think of these changes?
Michelle

Dan.N wrote:The TreeTop Quest opening times page has been updated with new operating hours for the attraction over winter.

TreeTop Quest will now only be open between on weekends until December 12th, after which it will be open every day with the exception of Christmas Day and Boxing Day. The attraction also seems to have been given set opening hours of 9am-2:30pm which are in place on every day that it is open (exceptions being Christmas Eve 9am-12pm and Sunday 27th December 10am-2:30pm)

What do people think of these changes?
I think the restricted opening makes a lot of sense, realistically people are unlikely to travel to Alton towers JUST to do TTQ, there is little point in staffing the attraction for the whole day. This might also increase the density of people doing it in these times instead of them spreading out through the day. Less staff cost, daylight hours, not surprised they've done this and I don't think it's negative at all.
Dan

I agree Michelle.

Having it open every day during closed season made little sense to me as it would have just been a waste of resources.

If it was popular to the point where there were a constant flow of people going round both courses there may have been a case to have it open on more days but I think only opening it on weekends makes complete sense, especially during closed season when the only people who are really going to be using it are hotel guests or people who live in the surrounding area.