Ferrari World - Abu Dhabi

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A photo from VHCoasters showing the construction of the SFX Coaster.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Flying Aces (although there are rumours of a name change) has begun testing - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NemesisRider

So the theory about winged trains was correct! Looks like a great coaster, I don't know if it will top Skyrush though.
Jack

That is nothing short of beautiful. Ferrari World are onto a winner with this :)
Danny

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Flying Aces has now opened! Looks interesting, but seems to lose its speed rather quickly. I'm sure it'll be a fun ride and hopefully one I get to experience in the future. :)
Owen

Here is another ride video of Flying Aces, and I must admit it looks pretty darn. Good!
Aidan Lowe

I think the best part of that is the lift hill. It's just yea you're going straight over, no slowing whilst coming off a chain and then descending down just up to the pinnacle and over as fast as it went up.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's an on-ride POV of Flying Aces. It does seem faster than it looked from the off-ride footage.
theparklifekid

This very short (1 sec) video shows the tilt drop testing for the SFX coaster 'Mission: Ferrari'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0kk6ZrI2sQ

^Concept Art^
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
theparklifekid

Ferrari World are teasing on facebook that in 3 days a "BIG REVEAL" is coming.

Could this be the SFX Coaster "Mission Ferrari"?
Could it be the shuttle coaster "Vortex"?
Could it be something else?

Guess we will have to wait and see.
theparklifekid

When I visited the park I saw the construction of Vortex and Mission: Ferrari

Vortex

I had a peak through the Mission Ferrari door again and I can report that the 'Tilt A Drop' feature has been added to the ride. I wasn't able to take a picture of it however, as my camera couldn't fit through the gap.
theparklifekid

Turbo Track - New for 2017

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi has announced that Vortex is now called "Turbo Track"!

Turbo Track will accelerate riders inside and outside the park, features a vertical spiral and one thrill of a ride! Its due to open in March 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_H7wdLAlWg
theparklifekid

A quick note on a rumour about Flying Aces.

The rumour is that the restraint system used on Flying Aces is currently in the middle of being replaced. The old over-head lap-bar system is being replaced by Intamin's soft over-the-shoulder strap system, with the conversion said nearly complete on one train, and work about to begin on converting the other. Apparently a few too many guests were leaning over and being thrown sideways harder than anticipated through the aggressive high-g lateral turns, so the new restraint belts will help keep the rider's upper bodies in the centre of the seat as intended.

I'm personally hoping that this isn't true, but I'll ask around to check otherwise. :(
Owen

I would have thought Intamin would have taken this into account when designing the attraction, especially since this isn't their first attempt at a Wing Coaster. :-s
Chris
Admin
Admin

It is crazy how those trains have no side support. Various guests have complained about them, especially where the train inverts - does hurt!

Amazing ride though.
theparklifekid

Ferrari World have released a video teasing Turbo Track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdNLLoRv61c&t=0s

Along with this they released a press statement saying:
"Starting in a briefing room, and culminating at 210 feet (64m) above Yas Island, Turbo Track will turn guests into new recruits, and Ferrari World Abu Dhabi into a futuristic testing facility for aspiring test drivers. The opening two stages of the experience include an on-screen training and performance analysis. Recruits then board Turbo Track and burst through the Ferrari World Abu Dhabi iconic red roof at 63 mph (102 km/h), before experiencing hair-raising zero gravity as they plummet vertically back down. If guests are still thirsty for more thrills, they can ride it again backwards, with the experience including front-facing and back-facing seats, offering two unique perspectives."

“At Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, we’re passionate about creating thrilling and inspiring experiences, and we can’t wait to share this incredible new experience with our guests,” said Jesse Vargas, General Manager, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. “Not only does this unique ride offer heart-pounding thrills for all riders, it also gives them the chance to see the world through the eyes of a Ferrari test driver, creating once again a strong connection with the legendary brand."

Turbo Track will launch at the end of March

theparklifekid

Someone managed to snap a (blurry) pic of the car for Turbo Track

Using this we can work out that each of the 4 rows has 3 seats facing backwards and forwards. Apparently there are 2 trains that load on dual stations and by the looks of it, no colour on the train... Hopefully this will change before the end of the month when it opens.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Any idea how many times it goes? One would be way too short.
theparklifekid

Not sure how many times it goes, I'd imagine only once or twice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA-clTkpJHI

This news video from 2015 shows the 'Tilt A Drop' feature of Mission: Ferrari testing before being shipped over to the park! :yikes:
theparklifekid

Theme Park Review are having a sneak preview of Turbo Track today and are hopefully getting us some footage. But they have also given us a good look at the ride car and some views of the ride:

Ride car (if you look closely in the background you can see the other train as it is a duel-loading ride)

View before the launch (also look down the bottom, the track comes to an end for the switch tracks)

Nice view