Alton towers on the telly

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Sentri558

Just saw some celebs on Air on the One Show and thought I'd mention it, and perhaps start a little game;

Every time you see Alton Towers on TV (not adverts) then post it here, channel, time and program. Maybe someone will have use for it one day.

19:00 11 November 2014
One show

Alton Towers mentioned, specifically Air. A portion of the show was seated under the Air helix, and periodically the Air cart passed overhead. After which they finished a 300 miles children in need bike cycle. Pretty good for AT to be able to say they hosted that ^_^
Kirsty25

That was to do with children in need. I knew it was at towers just after fireworks as I saw the dates published online
TheBeast

Shouldnt this be in the Dragon bar if ur playing it as a game?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As this topic is specifically focussed on the Alton Towers Resort and concerns particular happenings at the resort, this is the appropriate sub forum for it.

If in future there are any concerns about a post or topic please use the 'Report' feature, as detailed here.
TheBeast

It wasnt a problem, I was just pointing it out. Fair does
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Altonboy001

Trade your way to the usa begining set there and an episode in splash
Themeparksandy1981

It's not the place itself but the name Alton Towers was mentioned twice on Citzen Khan last week.
Towers jamie

Did anyone else see on itv news this afternoon that alton towers teamed up with Staffordshire university for students to do a course about 'how to run a theme park'
Here's a link

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2015-01 ... heme-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottwsmith

Towers jamie wrote:Did anyone else see on itv news this afternoon that alton towers teamed up with Staffordshire university for students to do a course about 'how to run a theme park'
Here's a link

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2015-01 ... heme-park/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dam! Missed Opportunity:'(
Morgan

Found this short (cheesy) clip on CBBC of John talking about The Smiler:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... ercoasters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Skip to about three minutes in and the action kicks in.
Nothing we don't know though...
Sentri558

The other day some people on Radio 1 were saying that Daniel Radcliffe could purchase a year ticket for Alton Towers (they said rhymes with Balton Wowers due to the BBC not being biased) at which point I protested to the car radio. It isn't an 'Alton Towers' pass, it's a 'Merlin Annual' pass. I don't even live in the UK and I know that :*(

They then proceeded to say "No, he could just buy it out"
No. No Scott Mills. He couldn't. Daniel Radcliffe, attractive and rich as he may be, wouldn't have the cash to buy AT out.

Flipping publics, worse every time.
ATM

Sentri558 wrote:The other day some people on Radio 1 were saying that Daniel Radcliffe could purchase a year ticket for Alton Towers (they said rhymes with Balton Wowers due to the BBC not being biased) at which point I protested to the car radio. It isn't an 'Alton Towers' pass, it's a 'Merlin Annual' pass. I don't even live in the UK and I know that :*(

They then proceeded to say "No, he could just buy it out"
No. No Scott Mills. He couldn't. Daniel Radcliffe, attractive and rich as he may be, wouldn't have the cash to buy AT out.

Flipping publics, worse every time.
Apart from the fact that you can actually get a year ticket for Alton Towers :lol

https://www.altontowers.com/book-my-tri ... nnual-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Flipping public's on forum's ay :P
Sentri558

ATM wrote: Apart from the fact that you can actually get a year ticket for Alton Towers :lol
https://www.altontowers.com/book-my-tri ... nnual-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flipping public's on forum's ay :P
Huuuuuush :-$