Alton Towers History Area/Movie

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Des-Cheers

I went to the towers for Scarefest 2014 after having a 4 year break and went on the Ice Age 4D experience. Oh dear very tired theming outside and not particularly fantastic to watch either.

However having read the following post I got to thinking that maybe there could be a movie made of Alton Towers theme park history (from the Corkscrew arriving onwards) featuring classic rides and park themes that have long since gone, obviously give it some of that 4D treatment to make it a abit more thrilling. Theme up the area surrounding the movie building (old coaster corner) with all sorts of classic memorabillia, just like the corkscrew that greets you as u walk up to the main entrance. Now that would be cool!! Set up a length of track with a black hole train on it for guests to jump in and get a classic photo. etc. etc.

Plus sort out a shop or two to knock out classic, overpriced memorabillia for those guests that missed it the first time around!!

This is the original post that I got the idea from:

by Benedique » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:41 am

This is a kind of geeky suggestion and i'm not sure Alton would ever go for it as it would probably only appeal to the AT enthusiasts such as ourselves! I would love it if Alton turned coaster corner into some kind of museum for old attractions etc with pictures/film footage etc maybe they could even put memorabilia in there such as one of the old swan boats etc. Like I said though enough people wouldn't be interested as most people just go purely for the rides, they don't care about the history as much as us TTFers :cry:

I think that would be good though, I could just see it now with a Wardley shrine, facts all over the walls, the future plans etc, things like the old model of Air, Old plans for rides etc.

DO you think there's any mileage in it? What would you like to see in Towers Classic Corner?
C:\Users\User\Desktop\alton%20sign%201a.bmp
lf2001

Like it says most people will go to AT for the rides, with only the enthusiasts really being bothered about the history, I doubt it'd ever get built.