An Alton Towers Wedding

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
jjh123hamilton

Basically, after watching a rather painful episode of don't tell the bride (the thorpe park one), I was thinking could a wedding be placed at alton towers? If it could, what would your day consist of? where would you hold the ceremony? Reception? What time of year would you hold it? (Special events etc). Would you theme it to a particular ride/area? Please discuss....also if this is possible, does anyone know if any actual wedding could take place at Alton Towers/in the Towers?
Morgan

Have the service in the chapel in the ruins, reception in Splash Landings. Hire the waterpark for the kiddies to play in.
Enk27

Can't see it on the website anymore but fairly sure that you can have a wedding at the Hotel in the conference suite. Unsure on prices but if you are interested then I'd contact http://www.altontowers.com/conferences-and-events/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As an aside I don't think it is possible to get Married in the Towers or on the Theme park itself. More than likely because the indoor sections are not licensed for the ceremony.

It would be interesting to see what the Towers would do if Outdoor Humanist Weddings are ever legalised - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religio ... -plan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dan

Alton Towers don't offer weddings anymore, and haven't done for the past few years.
daveclarkedaveclarke

Dan.N wrote:Alton Towers don't offer weddings anymore, and haven't done for the past few years.
Thats a real shame because we where considering. Anyone know of anywhere local that could?
Momoffour

You could have your wedding reception in the towers suite on park if there is enough guests.
jon18uk

contact the corporate bookings team and ask what venues you can book for a wedding. Does no harm to ask. Even if they aren't lisecned for weddings you may still be able to book one of the large conference rooms or the towers suite for a reception.
Themeparksandy1981

If you want a theme park wedding Drayton Manor offer this and there prices were very good http://www.draytonmanorhotel.com/media/ ... 4%20V3.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We did for a moment this about booking this for our venue for June 2016 but thought getting guests to travel 45 mins from the church was to much. But opt for a venue within 15 min drive away.
JustWill

I'd have my honeymoon there. :D
Alton Towers, not Drayton Manor
vikkimoo

I LOVE that ep of DTTB! I've been to a couple of conferences in the hotel and thought that would be nice, especially as there's the little garden with the ponds if the weather's behaving?
Enk27

Been at AT for the carribean weekend. There is a wedding reception over at the Alton Towers Hotel tonight (Saturday). Unsure where the marriage itself was but the reception appears to have been in the Emperors Grill. The wedding party were mingling with everyone else in the Dragon Bar after the reception.

Looks like a lot of fun tbh.
Awright92

I'd have my wedding in the closed season so no members of the public are watching, I like my privacy! I'd have the my wedding ceremony the in centre of the castle, followed by a horse and carriage ride through the gardens, down woodland walk and in to the Alton Towers Hotel gardens for cocktails etc. Then wedding reception would be in the conference centre with catering being a carvery. After wedding reception and speech's there will be 1 hour ride time on Air, to express our love that flys around in the Air :-)... Then a big party will be back in the conference centre till 2am in the morning with some Creamfields DJs. :-)
Morgan

Well, Chessington have heard some of our ideas:
http://www.chessington.com/resort-hotel ... dings.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lee

Awright92 wrote:I'd have my wedding in the closed season so no members of the public are watching, I like my privacy! I'd have the my wedding ceremony the in centre of the castle, followed by a horse and carriage ride through the gardens, down woodland walk and in to the Alton Towers Hotel gardens for cocktails etc. Then wedding reception would be in the conference centre with catering being a carvery. After wedding reception and speech's there will be 1 hour ride time on Air, to express our love that flys around in the Air :-)... Then a big party will be back in the conference centre till 2am in the morning with some Creamfields DJs. :-)
I don't believe the resort offer on site wedding ceremonies anymore and you certainly wouldn't get a horse and cart down woodland walk. Good luck affording this too, Air ERT starts at around £1k minimum :lol
RIDECRAZY

1K minimum for Air ERT? I'm sure I read somewhere on the Alton Towers website you can hire a ride for £800 for an hour? May be wrong though :D
Lee

Not as far as I know, websites generally suggests around £999 for an hours of ERT with Air. You can always take up 100 rooms in the hotel and get it for free ;)
RIDECRAZY

Wow thats gone up! I'm certain it used to be £800 a ride for an hour after ride close because a group of me and my mates were looking!
alicheesy

I know this is impossible but oh well:
I would have the ceremony in the towers chapel then go on Nemesis loads and let everyone go around the park, or I would get married on Nemesis. I would have the reception in the conference room after everyone has been around the park all day and there would be lots of pizza, cheese and lemon drizzle cake (posh food is just no). Also, there would be dance music at the reception e.g. Calvin Harris, Avicii, Swedish House Mafia etc. and I would stay in a themed room (maybe The Smiler room). :D
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Themeparksandy1981

Do u think your partners would want the same choices as you. I know my other half said she would not do anything to wreck her dress
alicheesy

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:Do u think your partners would want the same choices as you. I know my other half said she would not do anything to wreck her dress
Hopefully I will marry someone as Alton Towers obsessed as myself. Also, I'm a girl so whoever I marry won't be wearing a dress and I care more about Alton Towers than dresses :lol
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever