An Alton Towers Wedding

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Awright92

Lee wrote:
Awright92 wrote:I'd have my wedding in the closed season so no members of the public are watching, I like my privacy! I'd have the my wedding ceremony the in centre of the castle, followed by a horse and carriage ride through the gardens, down woodland walk and in to the Alton Towers Hotel gardens for cocktails etc. Then wedding reception would be in the conference centre with catering being a carvery. After wedding reception and speech's there will be 1 hour ride time on Air, to express our love that flys around in the Air :-)... Then a big party will be back in the conference centre till 2am in the morning with some Creamfields DJs. :-)
I don't believe the resort offer on site wedding ceremonies anymore and you certainly wouldn't get a horse and cart down woodland walk. Good luck affording this too, Air ERT starts at around £1k minimum :lol
He was asking, what would you do IF you could have a wedding at Alton Towers. It was clearly not a serious question, so reality and money isn't an issue.
Awright92

Lee wrote:Not as far as I know, websites generally suggests around £999 for an hours of ERT with Air. You can always take up 100 rooms in the hotel and get it for free ;)
And FYI... the website doesn't say anything about hire prices.
towerslover

Wouldn't it be lovely to get married there and have all your photos taken in the gardens! Wouldn't want it in splash landings though, stinks of chlorine!