Th13teen - Thriving Potential

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Collins965

With every trip to Alton Towers, I have always been fond of Thirteen and The Dark Forest area of the park, it was something new and refreshing that I believed was far better than UG Land. I am fully aware of the criticism that has come Thirteen's way due to it being advertised as Alton Towers' new flagship thrill ride, but I've always enjoyed its fun prospects and drop sequence within the crypt.

I was researching into Thirteen and came across this image/concept (Whether it's real or fan made I'm not sure) and one thing I instantly noticed was the large quantity of additional scenery, most notably the destroyed building. I personally believe that roller coasters have an increase in thrill and fun providing the scenery and landscape is created with it, like Thirteen is within this concept art.

What I would like to know from everyone else's point of view, is that should Alton Towers consider increasing the amount of scenery and infrastructure within the Dark Forest area of the park, particularly locations near the track of Thirteen, because I believe this ride will benefit a lot more than simply roving between a few trees and empty areas, as it does now.

Alton13Nemesis

Absolutely. Th13teen is my 2nd favourite ride, but the dark forest needs to be improved both in theming and in rides\stalls. The area has so much potential.
Jamster42

Honestly I'm most attracted to that train design :P. It would've been great to have seen a building near miss implemented similar to the swarm however I doubt that's not going to happen. As for the rest of DF I believe that theming will appear someday maybe with a shiny new flat?
Danny

Here's the concept art designer, along with more for Dark Forest and Th13teen cars and crypt:
http://www.drewartwork.co.uk/page2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It could have been amazing :(
TheOutpatient

DannyG wrote:Here's the concept art designer, along with more for Dark Forest and Th13teen cars and crypt:
http://www.drewartwork.co.uk/page2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It could have been amazing :(
Those pictures are cool - shame they didn't implement more of that.

One of the reasons AT would have been reluctant to add scenery along side the track is because, when you're moving so fast, you barely register it. The scenery you currently have on Th13teen is where the ride stops i.e. in the crypt and at the graveyard at the. Adding scenery to the ride is a bit redundant unless you can see it from the queue. Alas, much theming could be added to dark forest general area such as what you see in those pictures - that would be really cool.
RhysLocke444

It is overall a good ride, despite the criticism. It's definitely very thematic and potentially spooky. However, the outdoor section is too short and bog standard for my liking. Everything from entering the crypt onwards is amazing. There should definitely be more scenery outdoors IMO as it wouldn't be too fast not to appreciate it. The whole area needs doing up (as everyone seems to be agreeing) but I can't see too much being done unless it is expanded a bit (which is very unlikely due to location and budget).