Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JammyBand

jackgcse wrote: they could have 'Forest of a thousand screams' haha...
A Th13teen maze could have the potential to be pretty cool. It could replace the zombies scarezone too. Im not sure exactly how well it could work but it is a good idea.
Themeparksandy1981

Would love to see Duel Live to return.
Lotty

We're the extreme mazes any good?, I've read one persons account on here of the sanctuary but what about the other mazes, I nearly did go for it but chickened out when my friend did. Really didn't fancy it on my own.

Super excited about this this as weather was absurd last year to the point they announced they were going to close nemesis if the rain didn't stop but it did, but still had about a inch of rain in my shoes by this point. Not fun lol
awsomelycoolboy

Uh, well. The zombie scare zone was alright, it was only about 2 mins long (at most) it was literally a walk straight down the middle, around a couple of barrels, through a tent then you are out. I must say though the acting and costumes were really good!
Alton13Nemesis

I heard from someone I know carnival of screams is going this year, and the new maze will be hopefully on the site of that. There is DEFINETELY a new maze this year!
thedman31

Great to hear of a new maze. Maybe they could *finally* do something in the Haunted Hollows. It would seem like a natural choice and a companion to the zombie scarezone, maybe more traditional Dracula / Vampire style creatures etc. Maybe something like the Vampire Path at Chessington in Halloween but much more frightening. I get why Alton would be reluctant to do a scare zone here with there being some uneven foot walking however if you light it well then would be hard for anyone to allege negligence (which is what I suspect they are afraid of).
Danny

thedman31 wrote:Great to hear of a new maze. Maybe they could *finally* do something in the Haunted Hollows. It would seem like a natural choice and a companion to the zombie scarezone, maybe more traditional Dracula / Vampire style creatures etc. Maybe something like the Vampire Path at Chessington in Halloween but much more frightening. I get why Alton would be reluctant to do a scare zone here with there being some uneven foot walking however if you light it well then would be hard for anyone to allege negligence (which is what I suspect they are afraid of).
If the light it well it wouldn't be very scary now would it :lol
thedman31

Haha that's true but there's surely got to be some kind of happy medium. Ideas welcome! Maybe they could only do the "scare" part where it's flat walk where you can't really bump into anything? It just seems a shame not to be able to put to use an incredibly atmospheric (and free) backdrop. I kind of like the idea of some "historical" horror too if you know what I mean, more Hammer-horror type stuff.
Alton13Nemesis

As far as I am aware the new maze is due to be a direct replacement for carnival of screams, an indoor, intense maze. This would highlight several locations in particular for me. It could see a new maze located near the hotels in a makeshift building, it could see another part of the ruins become a maze, or it could see, and my personal choice for most likely, the goal striker building simply becoming the new maze. One thing is for certain, from the rumours I hear the new maze will be intended as the same sort of fright level as Carnival of screams, so we could be seeing a really decent scare maze this year.
Count-Vonduel

V to the I to the P wrote:Hi not sure if anyone's asked this yet but after a search I couldn't find anything
When do the details of scarefest become available (we know the dates) ,and when can you purchase tickets.
I remember reading one of Altons replys to a Facebook review and said that the scarefest details would announced in September
Ripsaw Raver

Ok lets see, Alton need a cheap new maze. Well after hours SubTerra could be the ticket there.
Maybe after 6pm they could Run it as Nemesis-SubTERROR. Have an actor in the exit lifts maybe, or even Rabid Phalanx staff finding there way into the core adding a bit more panic, . Having a member of staff standing in front of each row as it rises from the "nest", looking very vacant and then beginning to grin, following everyone out to the lifts and then have 1 get into the lift with the rest of the group. Possibly extend the maze with a tarp tent in the clearing to the left of the building. Decontamination with water sprinklers like in the Sanc.

Next TOTT i loved this last year
However had i not read up prior the story would have been lost. Maybe just keep the theme to ruins and rubble, instead of actual rooms in the castle, very dark (Looking very treacherous) start of with very small scares, air cannons hidden behind sheets etc then maybe find one of the explorers looking in a bad way explaining that there is Vamps in the towers, that they killed his partners etc, then have him dragged off behind another sheet screaming. forcing you to now go deeper knowing whats lying ahead. Ending with the locked in cages scene from the earlier TOTT and having to crawl your way out =]

Then we come to COS if the rumors are true that its leaving then i will be quite saddened, but why would they introduce a new character JackNife If only to use once. I personally think it will return,and i hope so,it was a very creepy maze and alot of fun, plus its positioning was amazing.

Zombie Scare Zone- I see this being like last year, and personally i don't feel it needs any changes, except i would love to have to walk through the bus, to get out, have it right at the end, almost like it crashed causing a dead end and the only way out is to go through.Maybe hold people back slightly in a tent area before having to make the final escape.

Now finally on to my fave The Sanctuary.
So Kelman has gone. But the Sanc does not need him this time round, maybe we take a different route this time. TMOJ in an effort to dampen bad press about their actions invite you in, Explaining in the queue of what Kelman did and that his is now been "removed" and you can now have a tour of the old ways of Marmalisation, so you can fully appreciate what they have done with TheSmiler, However after having your briefing with TMOJ staff and going past the infamous gate you find your self in the check in area. You are told that your guide will be with you shortly and when light goes on head on in.Dr Dalton then slams open the shutter and says The Doctor will see you now! The TMOJ Staff walk off saying in a rather relaxed tone" YOU SHOULD "HAVE ACCEPTED OUR CORRECTION-THEY HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR QUITE SOME TIME". Once in you soon realise that your not here for a tour at all, but to be given to the now very very mad patients who have been locked up and have been waiting for some FRESH MEAT TO PLAY WITH!
Alex

Ripsaw Raver wrote:Ok lets see, Alton need a cheap new maze. Well after hours SubTerra could be the ticket there.
Maybe after 6pm they could Run it as Nemesis-SubTERROR. Have an actor in the exit lifts maybe, or even Rabid Phalanx staff finding there way into the core adding a bit more panic, . Having a member of staff standing in front of each row as it rises from the "nest", looking very vacant and then beginning to grin, following everyone out to the lifts and then have 1 get into the lift with the rest of the group. Possibly extend the maze with a tarp tent in the clearing to the left of the building. Decontamination with water sprinklers like in the Sanc.
When we did Sub Terra extreme on the Sizzler one of the actors came into the exit lift as the doors opened which was quite good. They couldnt have an actor in the core or one as the lift rises due to H&S as its a moving ride, notice how the actors dont come back through until the drop part resets into its opening position.
RhysLocke444

Personally, I think the Sanctuary was horrendous last year but, Carnival of Screams was amazing! I would love to see it again this year, but it's unlikely it will come back, from what I've read on here. Obviously, it's a pretty safe bet that Zombie Scare Zone and TOTT will be back, yet Alton may choose to do what Thorpe Park did last year and change the lot. I wonder what will replace Carnival if the rumours are true that it goes this year, and will the Sanctuary return? :lol
Alton13Nemesis

Hopefully a th13teen maze :D
Dan

Alton13Nemesis wrote:Hopefully a th13teen maze :D
If they were going to do a Thirteen maze they would have done it the year the coaster opened to capitalise on the hype from it's opening. They wouldn't wait 4 years.
RhysLocke444

Dan.N wrote:
Alton13Nemesis wrote:Hopefully a th13teen maze :D
If they were going to do a Thirteen maze they would have done it the year the coaster opened to capitalise on the hype from it's opening. They wouldn't wait 4 years.
Plus if there was a Th13teen maze, it would be horrendous. It's also highly unlikely that Duel Live will return.
Alton13Nemesis

We certainly need a maze in the dark forest, possibly a maze a little like field of 1000 screams but in the wood instead?
RhysLocke444

Alton13Nemesis wrote:We certainly need a maze in the dark forest, possibly a maze a little like field of 1000 screams but in the wood instead?
I agree, would be good to have one in the Dark Forest, in the woods near Th13teen or whatever but it's unlikely. If Carnival of Screams goes, they will replace directly there probably.
Alton13Nemesis

By the way guys, needs to be said, the scarefest car is now on towers street! Preparations for the event will surely kick off soon :D #scarefest
Zach

No mention of clowns....soo there you go, take it how you will but I think that pretty much confirms what I've been saying for months haha