Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Burniel

I have never been in the scaremazes, but from what others have said, you're not alone in thinking that :)

I personally don't see it happening because last year CoS was the only free maze, so if the got rid of TOTT and TS, then CoS would definitely have a price tag. :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Liam B

Terror of the towers is likely to never leave scarefest. The story really needs to be changed as I (and probably a lot of other people on here) now know the layout of it and where the scares are coming from. But luckily at the Q and A session with peter he said they were def going to try and change TOTT this year which is awesome. and possibly another scarezone. Got to remember the amount of money that that department gets given each year is pretty damn small for the what they manage to come out with. Just gotta hope they get a little boost this year.
tallicay2k

I agree cos let's face it, how iconic is it having a scare maze in an actual old house (not castle ;)) of that size? They wouldn't/can't axe it, it sets the scene perfectly in the spooky but beautiful towers.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
JammyBand

I would say there probably will be one, as Thorpe seriously put effort into their FrightNights last year by adding more mazes and theming etc. Alton probably should step up their game with a new maze in addition to the others or replacing ToTT.
lf2001

A good thing about ToTT is that they have kept the maze since Scarefest began, but just had different stories every few years. I'd like to see this in some of the mazes, as sometimes they can be exactly the same as the previous year.
JessicaAlex

Regardless of the scare mazes, I must say that Scarefest is the best time of the Alton Towers season. I love riding/ walking around the park in the dark and cold nights. It adds a certain effect to the event!  :D I also love the actors that walk around the park and interact with the guests!  :p) :p) :p)
Last edited by JessicaAlex on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[glow][/glow][align=][/align]Best ride ever: Nemesis
Runner up: The Smiler :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Zach

Agreed the scarefest event does have magic to it, the smells in the air the sights and sounds :D this scarefest I believe will be the best yet, after hearing the comments at the talk and possibility of a new maze or scare zone or both I mean I personally can not wait!!!!
DeanGaryCox

I reckon we'll see the sanctuary leaving... And as Thorpe have done with their asylum (although not sure about this year due to the criticism), it would be stupid for Alton to completely change TOTT, although I'd love to see it changed slightly to make it better for the people that have been in it several times.
Image 2014
onair

Really hope the event is totally refreshed. Maybe even with a new name or tag, remember Spooktacular.

One thing I would like to see is totally new theming on Towers Street, not those Scarecrows anymore give them to Chessie  :roll:

Better lighting is a must !
Dom

Scarefest is an amazing event already, but I think AT has the potential of making it the best Halloween event if it wasn't for the restricting budget. I would love to see a Maze or scare zone open up in the outdoor queue area for Duel. Gloomy Wood is supposed to be creepy and having a maze or scare zone there would actually be quite fantastic. More roaming actors around the park would also be a really good idea. As for actual mazes, why don't they actually make a proper maze. Have a couple of dead ends and let it be a free roaming maze with surprises around every corner. I could see this in the Dark Forest as a forest has endless possibilities with many routes to take.
Last edited by Dom on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperWill

I want Duel Live back for Scarefest! Duel could operate as it normally does from 10AM to 12PM and then from 1PM to 9PM make it Duel Live! Also, what was Hex Live like? Because I didn't know there was Hex Live?

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Altontowersbarlow

[
I have never experienced Hex live personally however to my understanding live actors interacted with people queuing for the ride :)
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobStandley

Altontowersbarlow wrote:
SuperWill wrote:
SuperWill wrote: Also, what was Hex Live like? Because I didn't know there was Hex Live?
Anyone going to answer my question? No one's answered my question. :(
I have never experienced Hex live personally however to my understanding live actors interacted with people queuing for the ride :)
Hex Live was awesome! They ran it the same year as Duel:Live which was also a really good addition to Scarefest!

On Hex, the actors were located in the second room with the effects. There were 2-3 of them dotted around the room and the main set of steps up towards the ride part of Hex. It really added to the experience especially when the effects were going off!

Scarefest back then really was something special! The atmosphere around the park was great! Everyone was in the halloween spirit!

I always remembered the grave digger in the Dual:Live queue!

I really wish we see something similar this year, I can't see it after the disappointing past couple of years though :/
Zach

Building on my previous comment my predictions are as follows...new scare maze to replace CoS as I believe the reason for alton making it free was to give it one last shabang before it left and giving people who might not have the chance to experience it, the sanctuary retuning but with twists due to Gerry leaving it will return however with a twist in the plot and a few new or changed rooms, TTOT & zombie scare zone the same with a new scare zone else where on park to build scarefest up to rival thorpes fright nights.
DeanGaryCox

Personally I think we'll see CoS stay, as well as TotT, I don't think The Sanctuary will return, but may see a new maze in its place, or elsewhere in the park like a haunted hollow walkthrough or duel live brought back - zombie scare zone will probably stay.
awsomelycoolboy

As with most people. I think that TOTT should get revamped.. But not too much, because the only time I go to alton towers is at scarefest. I go every other year and as mentioned above, there really is a special feel to walking around in the dark, whilst it's pretty cold all wrapped up in warm clothes and staying untill the park closes at 10pm. I just wish I could go more often! But that does take away the effect of alton towers being 'special'.. What I mean is that it will always be 'special' and 'magical' to all of us, but if you go less often there is something to look forward to and it is also a nice treat for the family (living in South Wales you don't find much time to do alton towers and it turns more into a 'Holiday' rather than a 'day out' as some people might class it. That and the fact that Alton Towers is 3hours away!)
stealthsmiler

I really hope it gets revamped and becomes amazing. Ive been to scarefest twice but never really experienced it properly. The first time I just went on the rides in the dark (though RMT was brill in the dark), and the second time I went through TOTT (didnt scare me at all, and ended up sharing my donuts with an actor, and heads popping out going, can i have one? LOL.. Was funny when it got to the feast part and an actor said something about bringing food to the feast, implying ourselves, and I turned round and said, well actually I brought donuts. Funny times) and then left at about 7.

I really want to experience it properly this year, staying till it closes and doing all the scare mazes/zones. Maybe even buy a fast track, which I never buy.
awsomelycoolboy

I always stay till it closes at 10 pm
Dan

awsomelycoolboy wrote:I always stay till it closes at 10 pm
The park closes at 9pm during Scarefest.
Burniel

Dan.N wrote:
awsomelycoolboy wrote:I always stay till it closes at 10 pm
The park closes at 9pm during Scarefest.
The queues close at 9 the park closes whenever the queues are all down to 0
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.