Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Evostance

Danny wrote: Pete has countless ideas that really would benefit Scarefest, but the budget entertainments are provided with simply won't stretch as far to accommodate what would undoubtedly make the event incredible.
Why don't you offer up some TT help to sort the resort out for Halloween in return for some tickets ;)  I'm sure there would be plenty of people up for it (if AT agreed to it)
Dom

Let TT members be the roamers on a set day. That would be so fun. It will be very interesting to see what the future has in store and in my opinion I think it is going to get better.
Last edited by Dom on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin

Pizzazz wrote: Let TT members be the roamers on a set day. That would be so fun. It will be very interesting to see what the future has in store and in my opinion I think it is going to get better.
Thats a great idea Pizzazz
Perhaps the Team could discuss it with AT to see if its possible.
I would definataly be up for that.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Dom

it wasn't my idea martin. it was the person before me. i was agreeing
Ripsaw Raver

Ok this is where I see it going.
Sadly I think with the exit of Gerry that we will also see the exit of TheSanctuary.
However I think it will be the pavingstone for future mazes. Having the towers Showcase 2 mazes.

This is how I see it being:
Carnival will stay
Sanctuary will go
TOTT will stay with a new story
Zombies will Stay
and in place of Sanctuary a new maze

I could see TOTT going back to the entrance through the conservatory and a new maze taking TOTT current route
Carnival and Zombies stays as they are. As for locations for a 4th maze I would like to see something near FV I was thinking or down the side of the HH through the big gate going round the back of the building and exiting via the toilets area. Utilising the old HH queueline.

What I would like to see is this:

Carnival as it is. It works and is a great attraction.

Zombies fills a space however it could be longer, I would hope for the queueline starting where the gate to enter Zombies is, and going down the old zombies route. The scarezone would utilise the path going up straight upto the clearing at the Th13teen entrance

Terror Of The Towers-Disturbed
Using the same entrance as this year you go onto the landing and given the briefing and told that you will get the chance to partake in a séance. Before entering the ruins you push open a door and make your way into the video room and an actor awaits to conduct a seance with you. You start the seance but it goes wrong, they go mad, as if possessed and run out of the door screaming that the evil is awoken, as they run out of the door they shut the door behind them revealing on the guests' side that the door actually is a wall and they are now sealed in the room. A walkie talkie on a table speaks that the door is sealed and you must go ahead into the ruins to find a way out, before static interrupts with distorted screams which fades to a whisper of We're Waiting.....You go through a curtain and enter the ruins.

and finally
The Sanctuary-Unhinged
Taking the usual Sanctuary route the entrance area looks abandoned and battered. A MOJ official awaits your briefing and explains The Sanctuary past and is going to take you on a tour of the old facility. You are told that some other officials are within and to leave them to their business and they won't touch you.  After going down a deserted corridor you enter the Kelman briefing area. You are told that this is where your guide will leave you, another official is waiting for you in the next room. He bids you good-bye and then says...Smile.Always.  The buzzer goes and you enter..However what is waiting for you is not an official... But a very mad and crazed past patient who screams in delight at their new inmates!! The Sanctuary-Unhinged would provide a much more fast and chaotic experience, with the once docile patients much more agitated and insane, no longer a rehabilitation centre but an Asylum for the patients who never made it out.
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Tom170499

What will happen to The Sanctuary when Gerry leaves?

Do you think Alton Towers will employ a new actor or create a story line to explain the absence of Doctor Kelman? Discuss below! 
Last edited by Tom170499 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bensaund

We have several options here:
1) Gerry could return just for Scarefest next year
2) Gerry could be replaced with another Doctor or a look alike
3) The Sanctuary could close it doors... but I doubt this will happen
4) Carry on without Gerry
If you go down to the woods today
Tom170499

bensaund wrote: 4) Carry on without Gerry
They could make a storyline that the patients took over and Dr Kelman suddenly 'disappeared' and The Sanctuary has been taken over by the mental patients
Liam B

Basically what Pete said at the talk. If the budget could be increased and Pete could do what he wants then Scarefest would be heaven  :lol:
Last edited by Liam B on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TowersManiac0110

THEY NEED A MAZE FOR THE DARK FOREST. This would be an amazing addition to the park, now that Gerry's gone. Here's how I would think it would go:

Maze name: OMINOUS: The Secrets of The Dark Forest.

The queue is lit by dim lights and the creepy music fills the area, to set a very dark atmosphere. You are given a quick briefing and then you enter through a curtain, into Ominous.
  The first scene is a low-lit corridor full of fog. Chalk is all over the walls, signs to beckon you forwards into the darkness ahead.
  The next room is where the first scares come into place. A few fog machines hidden around, creating a fog combined with a red light. This and strobe lights both create a disorientating experience, as you can not find the way out. Wraiths will jump out and reach out to you in an attempt to capture you and consume your soul.
  The next room is covered with blood and chalk signs, accompanied by a girl's whisper telling you "Go further, there is no turning back. You are helpless." A scare also happens here, when a wraith suddenly jumps through a hidden curtain to the side of the corridor. It will stop you, putting a finger to the front person's neck and slide it across in a slit-throat manner. The wraith will proceed down the group, doing this before you leave and go into a claustrophobic area. You will have to crouch down here as the roof is low. Ropes hang from the ceiling, frightening the unexpecting.
  When you leave here, another chalk filled room awaits, but this time, the whispers are much more creepier, warning you of death, no mercy and no freedom. The room will black out and you will be stuck with another wraith in front if you. It will scream and grab your shoulder, giving you huge scares in the blackness. This will then conclude and you will probably quickly go into the much larger room, full of trapped victims covered in the vines of the forest. This area is the penultimate room. Strobes flash violently. Actors scream and rush towards you. You will probably rush out, too.
  This leads to the end. The final chase. The girl suddenly appears after a few flickers of light. She screams, grabs the person at the back and cause you to run out.
You have survived and discovered the secret of the Dark Forest.

So yeah, that was long, but hey, it was good wasn't it? :)
Last edited by TowersManiac0110 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stripes91

Well 'The Sanctuary' first appeared the year before the smiler opened as part of a build up, and as the next major attraction isn't due until 2016, I would suggest that 2015 would be the earliest we might see a new scare maze.

This does of course depend on what the next major project is and how they decide to publicise it, but I'd suggest that this marketing route has worked rather well!
Tom.B

A Doctor Who maze would be AWESOME!!!
Last edited by Tom.B on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silenthillXD

Hmm, next year should be interesting, we know for a fact they will be forced to do something with The Sanctuary seeing as Dr K is leaving.

I think it's also safe to say the new Carnival and Zombies were a great success this year and will receive little or no updates next year.

Other than those two, I can't say for sure what will happen, but I can see two possible options, either;

1. They will keep The Sanctuary as it is, using the other doctor in place of Dr K, and perhaps refresh the maze abit (Hopefully with a replacement ending) Or they may leave it the same, in which case I can see it leaving in 2015. Terror of the Towers will receive a completely new adaptation, likely reusing props, but focussing on a consistent plot throughout.
2. The Sanctuary will be replaced, now it's iconic character is gone and a new maze will replace it, most probably in the towers too and following a very similar route. No idea what the theme could be though, but obviously it would have to fit in with the towers location. If this happens, Terror of the Towers will remain the same, perhaps with plot strewn throughout it, but more likely left alone so it can be updated in 2015.

Of course they could keep both The Sanctuary and Terror of the Towers the same, but that would just be a ridiculous move. I personally hope it's the first one, it would seem a shame to loose The Sanctuary so early. But then again, I can't see it staying past 2015, and updating it for another year to fit in the loss of Kellman would seem pointless just to replace it. I think it's pretty likely to be option 2. And I definitely don't see their budget stretching to a new maze and a Terror of the Towers replacement in the same year.
Last edited by silenthillXD on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayson2125

Pizzazz wrote: Let TT members be the roamers on a set day. That would be so fun. It will be very interesting to see what the future has in store and in my opinion I think it is going to get better.
We did ask about the possibility of doing this when we came second in the fancy dress competition in 2012, We were politely told that we couldn't due to health and safety.

I know lots of people would love to for the day be actors but if you are hired you can be fired, If your doing it because you fancy it then AT have no control over you or could reprimand if you stepped out of line..

That said if AT were to agree we would be the first to join in.

We were the Victorian family for the last two years and most of you probably saw us on park (you couldn't miss us).

We were stopped so many times for photos and even when we stood outside the exit of COS this year the clowns came over and were chatting with us and a member of the public asked for a photo, The clown said sure and the person said "no not with you with the family, they look so cool"  Made us laugh.

This was us this year

Many many thanks to Lewis97 for my signature file.
lf2001

I'm thinking The Sanctuary will go, and be replaced by another maze within the Towers, or not. What I would like to see a new maze in is the Dark Forest. I'm hoping it could replace Zombies Scare Zone, and be sort of like he same, walking round through the trees, but wraiths jumping out at you instead.
chrissy_travers

KoasterKraver wrote: With the new partnership with BBC, could this lead to a scare maze themed on Dr Who or something?
How could they make a Dr Who themed maze? It's a family show and many children will want to go into it, which is not a good idea.
Last edited by chrissy_travers on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lf2001

If there was a Doctor Who themed maze, in my opinion it wouldn't be really scary.
Last edited by lf2001 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KoasterKraver

They probably won't make a doctor who maze, but they could do something with the sanctuary like call it The Sanctuary: Condemned. I am liking the sound of the Dark Forest Maze, instead of Zombies! Scare Zone, it would be called Wraiths!  or Demons! Scare Zone. Or they could theme it around thirteen and call it THI3TEEN ALIVE.
Ripsaw Raver wrote: Ok this is where I see it going.
Sadly I think with the exit of Gerry that we will also see the exit of TheSanctuary.
However I think it will be the pavingstone for future mazes. Having the towers Showcase 2 mazes.

This is how I see it being:
Carnival will stay
Sanctuary will go
TOTT will stay with a new story
Zombies will Stay
and in place of Sanctuary a new maze

I could see TOTT going back to the entrance through the conservatory and a new maze taking TOTT current route
Carnival and Zombies stays as they are. As for locations for a 4th maze I would like to see something near FV I was thinking or down the side of the HH through the big gate going round the back of the building and exiting via the toilets area. Utilising the old HH queueline.

What I would like to see is this:

Carnival as it is. It works and is a great attraction.

Zombies fills a space however it could be longer, I would hope for the queueline starting where the gate to enter Zombies is, and going down the old zombies route. The scarezone would utilise the path going up straight upto the clearing at the Th13teen entrance

Terror Of The Towers-Disturbed
Using the same entrance as this year you go onto the landing and given the briefing and told that you will get the chance to partake in a séance. Before entering the ruins you push open a door and make your way into the video room and an actor awaits to conduct a seance with you. You start the seance but it goes wrong, they go mad, as if possessed and run out of the door screaming that the evil is awoken, as they run out of the door they shut the door behind them revealing on the guests' side that the door actually is a wall and they are now sealed in the room. A walkie talkie on a table speaks that the door is sealed and you must go ahead into the ruins to find a way out, before static interrupts with distorted screams which fades to a whisper of We're Waiting.....You go through a curtain and enter the ruins.

and finally
The Sanctuary-Unhinged
Taking the usual Sanctuary route the entrance area looks abandoned and battered. A MOJ official awaits your briefing and explains The Sanctuary past and is going to take you on a tour of the old facility. You are told that some other officials are within and to leave them to their business and they won't touch you.  After going down a deserted corridor you enter the Kelman briefing area. You are told that this is where your guide will leave you, another official is waiting for you in the next room. He bids you good-bye and then says...Smile.Always.  The buzzer goes and you enter..However what is waiting for you is not an official... But a very mad and crazed past patient who screams in delight at their new inmates!! The Sanctuary-Unhinged would provide a much more fast and chaotic experience, with the once docile patients much more agitated and insane, no longer a rehabilitation centre but an Asylum for the patients who never made it out.
This Is A Great Idea
Last edited by KoasterKraver on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
KoasterKraver

Does anyone need this high quality Carnival Of Screams Logo. I don't know if anyone has found this before.
http://www.jdtravelservices.co.uk/index ... s_logo.jpg
JessicaAlex

:p) I personally think that they should scrap all of the mazes apart from The Carnival of Screams (i loved that last year). The others were really disappointing last year. Need to re think everything their doing! xx  :p)
[glow][/glow][align=][/align]Best ride ever: Nemesis
Runner up: The Smiler :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)