Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
KoasterKraver

What will scarefest be like in 2014 & will there be a new scare maze?
Last edited by KoasterKraver on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

I hope so, but I'm not thinking that far ahead yet as Scarefest 2013 hasn't started yet!
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
KoasterKraver

What would you like the maze to be?
Burniel

Well I don't know much on the subject, but I DO know that's quite far away ...
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Owen

Right, I do understand that it's a long way off, but I will give my opinion anyway...

It could go one of two ways....
1-alton Towers always have had some of the best, although i think, they have just thought 'oh we're so good with scarefest now, we don't need to change anything, if it ain't broke don't fix it" but with Thorpe park now anticipating to be the best, they may add something to keep up.

Or, because of the recent introduction of 'Extreme Mazes' (I like to call them 'Exscream Mazes') they may just go with that, so well just need to wait and see I suppose...
Tom.B

I'd quite like to see CoS replaced with something, as it's been around for years, and I think TS is still quite fresh considering.
ImURNemesis

We need a Dark forest maze!
Danny

i agree it would be so easy to create a maze based around th13teen! however i voted no as i think they might update some but not a new one as its only the sanctuary's second year
DeanGaryCox

It's easy to see with how consistent and popular TOTT seems to be every year that it will be there for the foreseeable future - as well as The Sanctuary for at least next year considering The Smiler will still be like a new attraction and that the maze was voted 10 in the top 13 scare attractions in the world. But it is likely that the scare zone may be removed or changed, and COS will be changed - i personally doubt they will add any more mazes, but if they are to keep the 2 in the towers this 3rd one needs to be changed considering it will be pretty much the same the past 2 years!
Image 2014
Owen

danny.g97 wrote: i agree it would be so easy to create a maze based around th13teen! however i voted no as i think they might update some but not a new one as its only the sanctuary's second year
ImURNemesis wrote: We need a Dark forest maze!
TH13TEEN:After Dark  ;)
KoasterKraver

Will we ever see these guys again for scarefest? Maybe in a different maze
Ripsaw Raver

I would love to see a sort of sequel smiler maze. A sort of holding ground for marmalised advocates with imposed smiles and being creepily happy. Telling you to get corrected and embrace joy, Holding syringes and medical things. So first there was the sanctuary-Old techniques, Then TheSmiler creator of advocates and then "The Marmalised" scare maze. Held in the sanctuary you stumble upon a sort of meeting of advocates that have been marmalised and are now with the MOJ only its not long before these scarily happy people realize your not one of them.. But.. they are very insistent that you JOIN THEM! features to this maze could be Dead end sections where you are forced into a dead end with the actors getting very close before an exit is opened into the next scene. 

Also i think a maze for DF called "GoAlone" could be good with the area where the ug swinger once was, Entering a facade of a brick wall with 6 doors on guests enter through a mist wall and enter claustrophobic tunnels guests go alone down areas full of wraith statues with a few a little more lively than the rest.
think 5 or 6 very tight tunnels with some crawl space in aswell which open up in a pen of a cage with vines up the sides. after a strobe maze section inhabited by the less fortunate victims of the forest,you enter into a small clearing where the th13teen girl, explains that you better not go alone and motions to follow the hand rail down the tunnel, she walks up and down the group explaining the tunnel will get you out of this area,head towards the light and she can open the gate. But with her appearance and attitude you wonder whether to trust her, you enter the stone tunnel as a group, pitch black  with a hand rail to follow,the hand rail section would have holes in the wall for actors to touch hands and make you think that the actors are to your left when there actually on the other side! the further you enter the more you become sure your not alone and as described at the end of this room is light at the end of the tunnel, you head towards it but you also realize there is a gate in front of it and it has yet been opened, the group instinctively thinks this is the way out.its is at this point that the hand rail ends The group stops at the gate and a cold breeze is blown down the room with some breathing sounds-somthing is not right, to your right is a secondary chamber with 6 doors and 6 compartments all painted black to hide the existence of the room, in reality these rooms are hiding areas for the final scare as 6 wraith actors stand within these areas.A soon as the group reach the gate the light at then end go's off-at this time the wraiths step out of the rooms and move right up to the railing of the right hand side,facing the group,we hear the th13teen girl scream and green strobes kick in as you realize wraiths are stood right next to you facing you,this shock scare this gives a moment for a door behind you to be opened covered by a black sheet which you exit  the maze from. It may be short but designed to be rather intense.

Terror of the Towers should stay but i think it could use a different theme maybe revert back to Bloodfest Banquet style.
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Liam B

would definitely like the boiler house to come back in a couple of years completely redone and top notch. It had a terrible last year which was really unfortunate as the year before (2010) was the best scare maze I had been on! It was terrifying! It's a weird thought but I would be sad to not ever see Victor and Elsie Hamble again :P
KoasterKraver

I would love to see Viktor & Elsie Hamble return next year. The themes that would match them would either be a boiler shack or a storage house. To make the maze more worth while, they could make it a two part maze. Part 1 would be located in the theme park, and part 2 would be located outside the alton towers hotel. Part one could be themed on a boiler shack and part two could be themed on a storage house. The maze would be called: Hamble: No Escape or just Hamble.

I think alton towers could go beyond the limits of fear next year. What do you think?
Altontowersbarlow

I don't think Alton Towers really want to go beyond the limits of fear and the carnival of screams and TOTT are the scariest the resort will go. :)
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
KoasterKraver

With the new partnership with BBC, could this lead to a scare maze themed on Dr Who or something?
Alex

I doubt it, from the talk on Saturday with Pete he mentioned that he would like to create a 4th maze, totally redo ToTT so it has a flowing story and also introduce roaming actors. But of course he is restricted by a tight budget so I would expect it to happen gradually rather than all in one go
KoasterKraver

I would love to see a fourth maze because it would spread out the queues.
They should have at lease tone maze outside the hotels and at least one in the park.
Altontowersbarlow

Ready_23 wrote: I doubt it, from the talk on Saturday with Pete he mentioned that he would like to create a 4th maze, totally redo ToTT so it has a flowing story and also introduce roaming actors. But of course he is restricted by a tight budget so I would expect it to happen gradually rather than all in one go
That sounds very promising :)
Danny

Pete has countless ideas that really would benefit Scarefest, but the budget entertainments are provided with simply won't stretch as far to accommodate what would undoubtedly make the event incredible.