Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
KoasterKraver

lewis97 wrote:Alton Towers' Scarefest page has been overhauled this afternoon with a new layout and to add the 'Extra Scares' which were revealed yesterday.

Interestingly, in relation to this year's scare zones it says the following; "Forbidden Valley and Dark Forest transform in the evening...". Could this suggest that this year the resort's scare zones will be more like what is seen in American parks, rather than separate walkthrough areas?
Would be cool; but I think separate areas or more effective as they are more contained. I hope they remain is separate areas, if not, it best be good.
xylyx

For the go it alone Iwould think tott would probably be best.You have ageneral idea where it's going plotwisee but with a new route you don't know how it'll get there :)
Aidan Lowe

On park now, the crane spotted yesterday was for the remaining shipping containers. One is partially open, my guess is you'll be making your way through these when exiting whatever maze that is, my guess is End Games.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Ladyofthelake

The teaser for Sub Species: The End Games has just been released on Facebook.

This does look very promising for the new offering and certainly looks like it could be very extreme - potentially the most extreme of the three mazes. Can't wait to try it for myself :)
Altontowersbarlow

ladyofthelake wrote:The teaser for Sub Species: The End Games has just been released on Facebook.

This does look very promising for the new offering and certainly looks like it could be very extreme - potentially the most extreme of the three mazes. Can't wait to try it for myself :)
You are on to a winner when you combine; Saw, The Hunger Games and Aliens in one scare attraction :lol . The Scare-maze teasers seem to suggest that Alton Towers have raised the scare-factor significantly this year. Hopefully we will see an original advert for Scarefest this year to, as opposed to re-using an old ride advert to advertise the event as this would create more hype. Marketing is key for the Resort at the moment due to low visitor numbers however if they market this event correctly, the park could have one of the most popular and best Halloween events in the country this year.
Sawboss

Tickets ordered, looking forward to my first scaremaze experience.
Aidan Lowe

After that teaser for End Games these have to be for it:

Ripsaw Raver

I was just thinking , if TOTT uses the old entrance-Conservatory is it possible to back track to the latest entrance, ie the stairs. I think the shipping containers must be for SubSpecies exit, but then where to go in, it seems to make theatrical sense to enter on a top floor and work down but then maybe we could see the old passage right off the mazes exits from last year incorporated.
fabiasimon

I have posted this before and know nobody agrees.........
Sub terra being closed is something to do with scarefest. Essential maintenance is just a cover up!!
Watch this space
Aidan Lowe

fabiasimon wrote:I have posted this before and know nobody agrees.........
Sub terra being closed is something to do with scarefest. Essential maintenance is just a cover up!!
Watch this space
I personally don't believe that, taking a ride down for weeks in preparation for a two week period in the calender is ridiculous, once Scarefest is over can we expect it to be closed for the remainder of the season then?
fabiasimon

Let's be honest, it isn't exactly a popular ride (excluding it's first season), even in peak times the ride is virtually walk on.
the impact of keeping the ride closed has been minimal and have bairly seen anyone complain about it.
I might be wrong I just think there is something dodgy going on and seems to tie in perfectly with scarefest.
The park closes shortly after scarefest so doubt they would be worried about reopening it and also gives them the closed season to prepare the ride again for next season.
Aidan Lowe

fabiasimon wrote:Let's be honest, it isn't exactly a popular ride (excluding it's first season), even in peak times the ride is virtually walk on.
the impact of keeping the ride closed has been minimal and have bairly seen anyone complain about it.
I might be wrong I just think there is something dodgy going on and seems to tie in perfectly with scarefest.
The park closes shortly after scarefest so doubt they would be worried about reopening it and also gives them the closed season to prepare the ride again for next season.
I'm intrigued to hear what you think is going on with it, its a ride, what possible alterations for Scarefest could it possibly undergo? Judging by early information the two scare zones will literally be actors etc running amok in FV / Dark Forest at night so it won't have any involvement with actual mazes/scare attractions.

And because its not popular is no excuse to keep it closed for I dunno, 3-4 weeks now? Blade isn't popular either and was set to be closed this entire season until some people kicked up a stink, then Alton Towers reverted their decision to keep it closed.
beanz32101

hi everyone.
ive just been looking into booking maze tickets for scarefest and noticed that it says all 3 mazes must be visited in the allotted time on the ticket.
however the time slots on the tickets say for example 7.15-7.30 so are they expecting us to do all 3 mazes in 15 mins?
also why is it not possible to book maze times for after 7.30?

any help is appreciated, thanks all
mike
Dan

beanz32101 wrote:hi everyone.
ive just been looking into booking maze tickets for scarefest and noticed that it says all 3 mazes must be visited in the allotted time on the ticket.
however the time slots on the tickets say for example 7.15-7.30 so are they expecting us to do all 3 mazes in 15 mins?
also why is it not possible to book maze times for after 7.30?

any help is appreciated, thanks all
mike
Hi Mike.

The time stated on your ticket will be the time slot that you have to join the queue for the first maze. You will then need to do the rest of the mazes immediately after the first (for example if you join the queue for Terror of the Towers between 7:15-7:30, you will do that maze and then do Sub Species and The Haunting of Molly Crowe straight after that)

I believe that 7:30 is the last alloted time slot as this gives guests enough time to complete all three mazes before the paid Extreme mazes begin at 9pm.

Hope this helps.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Although it's currently not possible to book time slots after 7.30pm, Towers have said that these will become available closer to Scarefest.
ripsaw97

Well my fate is sealed im booked and paid TOTT Alone and Molly Crowe EXTREME on Mon 19th Oct, from what i was told today the Alone Mazes will be done before they open and the extremes will be done after when the park closes as usual. Ive been told be at TOTT for quart to 3 and be at Molly Crowe for 9pm. Interesting that there doing an extreme experience like Alone right at the start.But hey...im.booked lol Reviews will be done ofcourse =]
Justin

ripsaw97 wrote:Well my fate is sealed im booked and paid TOTT Alone and Molly Crowe EXTREME on Mon 19th Oct, from what i was told today the Alone Mazes will be done before they open and the extremes will be done after when the park closes as usual. Ive been told be at TOTT for quart to 3 and be at Molly Crowe for 9pm. Interesting that there doing an extreme experience like Alone right at the start.But hey...im.booked lol Reviews will be done ofcourse =]
Interesting. I've been told to arrive for MIA at 12:45 and Extreme at 9pm but I've booked the weekend after, so they may be starting earlier!
ripsaw97

Yeah its 1pm second week and weekends i think and 3 the first week
Ladyofthelake

The MIA time will be relative to the opening time of the mazes. On Monday 19th the mazes open at 3pm, whilst on peak days the mazes open at 1pm, hence why you both have different times :)
tinasmith

Is it happening this year?
Thanks,
Tina