Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
tallicay2k

^^ wow you summed up all my fantasies in that last post :)
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Justin

TheSmilerMan wrote:Final highlight of the day and for me best part was Extreme sanctuary without huge spoilers of this attraction but WOW this version you really get a to experience a story and feel apart of it when I went through we were in a group of 4 and you really do get picked on attacked and made to feel vulnerable. Highlights of the extreme maze include...made to bow, jabbed Zimmer frame, laid on bed and repeatedly pulled tickled and poked, physically pulled dragged and ridden like donkey and finally pinned On floor and tickled to death :moj fully corrected!
It was good catching up with you for Extreme!
Had similar experiences, however I was licked at one point and dragged backwards with an arm around my neck/chest forcing my arm up above my head! Definitely one to do again next year!
Justin

arw2010 wrote:Do they let you film the dining experience?
Yes, a few of out group took pictures and filmed parts. They even improvised the script as the 'Maid of Honour' tried taking a photo when they were saying the vowels. He then went on to say he was blinded by the light. Really good and so funny! Food is really nice too!
Alton13Nemesis

I think scary tales is fine where it is. A good location for a new scare maze could either be the far western side of the towers, or a makeshift building being erected in the duel storage yard, and using duel's old queue as its queue line.
arw2010

We went to the dinning experience too had had a great time. Was really funny! Would go again. I filmed the whole thing.
Aidan Lowe

First time I've done scare mazes at AT, loved the sets and general atmosphere / effects. Actors didn't really single me out so wasn't phased by them so for me it was more an obstacle course than a scare maze but I enjoyed seeing the girls get picked on. Cannot argue the fact I liked it when the lasses took shelter from the actors behind me and literally clinging on burying their head into my back out of sheer terror.

Overall fun experiences.

Needless to say each coaster is very different in the dark, I enjoyed them all more, was a much needed breath of fresh air. Now for the fireworks next week.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dr0idd

Well this is a nice surprise at the end of scarefest, smiler at 50 on a relatively busy evening!

Last edited by lewis97 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image
S.J_O'Grady

I like the theme of vampires for TOTT although perhaps it would be nice to see a new storyline and new characters instead. The sanctuary does need to be replaced or heavily rethemed because I don't think it's changed much since 2012. Zombies and scary tales need to be relocated and made longer (I couldn't believe how quick they were this year) I do think it's a shame that CoS has gone :(
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Pixie

OMG just had the best Fifth Year at Scarefest ever. \:D/ Sat here at work and just cant stop thinking about it. We signed up to do the Altonville Motel dinner on Saturday evening, followed by fast tracking Smiler, 13 and Oblivian ending up doing the Extreme Sanctuary after 9 p.m. AND OH MY OH MY...........WHAT :yikes: an experience..............! Yep, ok, so we signed the disclaimer but I dont think we were ever prepared for this shocker of a maze :nervious:

I came out practically in tears...tears of shock..!! they were MENTAL IN THERE like actually MENTAL ! - I was picked up, put in a head lock, pulled, pushed and dragged, then licked..........my word...IT WAS THE MOST SCARIEST BUT EXCITING MAZE I have ever done....! Loved how far they pushed you to the limits in this. Never expected Alton to do such a thing and so glad we participated. I love the Sanctuary anyway but doing the extreme version and on your own was just an even madder experience. Its spooky enough in there as it is, but when you are having to explor the maze alone, its worse...

The actors in there are amazing, as are all of them in the park. A credit to Scafest. We we have been twice to fright nights at Thorpe but for us, Alton wins hands down every time.

Next year - the towers will be our extreme I think, shame we didnt get to do it this year but as we travel from Somerset we are on a tight schedule.

Scarytales was really creepy too and they picked on my girlfriend by trapping her up against the fence. I didnt like pigs and red riding hood, they all creeped me right out. One of the best mazes they have had. :yikes:

The dining experience was well worth every penny. Brillian actors, kept you entertained from the moment they gathered us together, interactive and got us all going. The guy singing Lady Gaga had me in stitches. Everyone was up for it, included, and really enjoying themselves. Shocked we had three drinks included (alcoholic too which was a great surprise!) and the food was declicious. We are vegetarian and the veggie lasagana was one of the best ive ever eaten.

I would definitely DEFINITELY do all the above again. I am so sad its over for another year....already planning the next (and every year we end up staying for longer!)
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"
Pixie

YEY I l ike this topic.....Im counting down the sleeps already...

As long as they keep the extreme mazes and I would love to do the ultimate sleepover next year, and maybe a slightly different dining experience, then I am happy.

Although I think it would be wicked to have the actors roaming around the park and jumping out on people.

I think it would also be fun to have the park open AFTER 9 p.m. but for over 18's only, keep the extreme mazes and maybe have the actual park open but with more extreme scaring and more actors roaming and jumping out...

or a tour of the park through the night, with the rides just suddenly starting up "on their own" when you least expect it, and actors hiding around the park...

zombies coming out of the gardens....or use the gardens for a more spooky walk through experience.

I WANT IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL to be scary !!!!
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"
Ryan.B

I doubt they could get under 18s out the park, so definitely a no go, I'd say have two hours of extreme mazes: 9 and 10 with park closing at 10:30
Justin

Pixie, you seemed to have a very similar experience to me!

The food at Altonville was brilliant. I am also a vegetarian and loved the lasagna, even though I was a little unsure of the sound of it at the beginning. The Autumn Fruit Stew was really good too!

I still can't get my head around Extreme Sanctuary... I LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT! I got pushed, pulled, dragged, tickled and licked. My head was also forced into the corpse in the operating theatre!
Terror is good, I especially enjoyed the first time round (done it twice - both different experiences) and I was treated in a different way than to The Sanctuary. I was forced to the floor, pinned to bars by my neck and blindfolded but I won't go into too much detail in case it is similar next year!

I am already wishing the year away as I want to do it all again! I too am already planning for next year. I think the sooner I book the better as I need something to look forward to! Pitty they didn't do it at other times of the year too!
Justin

I am very happy with this year's offering. I would love to see Extremes return, perhaps with an Extreme Sanctuary Sleepover! I hope that they don't get too popular or widely advertised though as the smaller the groups, the better! I would even pay more at Alton to 'Face It Alone' like Thorpe Park! Extending the time in there would be brilliant too, even getting trapped and teased for a bit. Once again I would pay extra for this!

The Alton Ancestors were brilliant and need to return. The lighting is really good and adds to the park. I think it would be good to see more fog around the park. The Scare Zones are the only bits I am personally not bothered about as they are very tame and not scary. I think these are marked more towards teens/ families with older children and not myself!

I am seriously missing it and cant wait to hear what they have planned next for Scarefest!
looptheloop

I enjoyed it more this year than last, better atmosphere and lighting. The rides are brilliant in the dark and give a different experience to in the day.
Zach

So I did a little investigating like usual and unlike last year the scarefest page on alton towers website has been completely taken offline,I mean they normally take the links off the page so you can't find it but you could google scarefest last year and still access all the pages and right up to start of scarefest this year still access the carnival of screams information page so with this in mind they could be completely redoing scarefest image and making it big for next year ? Opinions ?
daveclarkedaveclarke

I'd love to see a new maze and some new updates to TOTT, if not a whole new story.

The sleepovers + dinners got great reviews s I'd love to see them return too.
Liam B

I've said it every year and al say it again.... TOTT must be changed!!!! it's had the exact same layout for the past 6 years and as much as I still enjoy it, it's just a bit dull now. ToTT itself will never leave the park but the story needs updating badly. If the budget is poor again next year atleast change it back to bloodfest banquet or something. Want a maze with a proper story throughout it again!
Justin

TheSmilerMan wrote:So I did a little investigating like usual and unlike last year the scarefest page on alton towers website has been completely taken offline,I mean they normally take the links off the page so you can't find it but you could google scarefest last year and still access all the pages and right up to start of scarefest this year still access the carnival of screams information page so with this in mind they could be completely redoing scarefest image and making it big for next year ? Opinions ?
It is the same for Thorpe Park this year too. I think it is just the way it has been programmed this year which is a shame as it is nice to take a look back.
daveclarkedaveclarke

Just a heads up guys Alton have a survey online at the moment about scarefest and to be honest it's quite a comprehensive one.

One of the questions what would you like to see in the future, there are various options to choose from but new maze was there :D

Below is the link

http://www.altontowers.com/survey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lee

I think they're just being efficient this year with regards to the ScareFest element being reformed from the site - it's just a shock that's all :lol

I'd love to see Scary Tales transformed into a maze length attraction. It's in the perfect location and can easily utilise the goal striker area as an additional indoor section similar to how Carnival operated. It seemed an extremely popular attraction with the general public and really resonated with them in the same way The Sanctuary did originally.