Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dom

Alton Towers don't get the short straw so to speak. I think they have a good balance of frights considering it's target market being family. There is something for everyone during Scarefest. Yes I will agree that it does seem to be loosing focus a bit in the overall feel and could do with a lot of outer work. Lighting and relevantly themed music wouldn't go a miss and also some more theming other than the giant hearse and the scarecrows and the pumpkins. As for the actual mazes, I can not comment as I don't tend to do them (Team Wuss). I guess we shall have to see what they do this year to really see what they could do.
Pixie

Lotty wrote: They do, Last year was the first year they had hoodies, hats & Pens didn't see t'shirts, but they've been doing mugs for scarefest for years, i get one every year then retire it when i get a new one :D
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: WHAT !!!!!!!!!!! where ???? we have NEVER seen any ever...where should we be looking then??? OMG BOOOO :no: well upset - defo would have got a hoodie !

Actually thinking about it....we spent most of our day queuing for The Smiler last year so probably didnt even go looking properly. Can you recommend which shop we should look in?

thank you x
Alton13Nemesis wrote:Well i personally am not bothered if we don't get any changes from last year, its all about the park atmosphere! Anyway, its not like it hasn't changed for years, its only the first year of not changing anything.

I have to agree with you re the atmosphere of Scarefest.... :clap: :clap:
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"
Lotty

Pixie wrote:
Lotty wrote: They do, Last year was the first year they had hoodies, hats & Pens didn't see t'shirts, but they've been doing mugs for scarefest for years, i get one every year then retire it when i get a new one :D
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: WHAT !!!!!!!!!!! where ???? we have NEVER seen any ever...where should we be looking then??? OMG BOOOO :no: well upset - defo would have got a hoodie !

Actually thinking about it....we spent most of our day queuing for The Smiler last year so probably didnt even go looking properly. Can you recommend which shop we should look in?

thank you x
Towers trading is where they were last year :D

And on another note, I just feel the mazes could have new story lines, the towers has been the same for 2 or 3 years now first it was the masters demented son, then the master who likes to eat people, then exploring the ruins, and now it seems to be stuck on explorers missing in the ruins it's need freshening up, the sanctuary been the same for 2 years. Last year carnival got a somewhat new story which was good, because that way you don't know what the expect.

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)
Randomizer462

Did Alton say we would have news on Scarefest by today? :no:
dollyry

They said by the end of the week which could be by Sunday I guess! They've started saying tickets will be available for mazes 'soon.' Whatever you take from that...
dollyry

Sorry for double post but just found out that the reveal will be on Monday. Apparently there's been delays with the finalising of some details of the reveal.
Count-Vonduel

How did you find that out?
Cam_muir

Alton towers answered a question about it on twitter and said Monday.
Alton13Nemesis

Yeah, i would assume same as last year. Also getting some new stuff in haunted hollow :)
JammyBand

Alton13Nemesis wrote:Yeah, i would assume same as last year. Also getting some new stuff in haunted hollow :)
Yes, I saw this too. I would love for it to point towards a Haunted Hollow scare maze. Could you imagine? It would be pretty awesome walking through the Hollow with actors jumping at you from behind the tombstones and things. Or, it could become a place for roaming actors, like the 'You're next' actors at Thorpe Park. However, it probably is just a new theming piece for the area.

(But you never know!)
Alton13Nemesis

There cannot be a maze down in the hollow for safety reasons i hear, if like an actor is attacked, and there would need to be flood lights, killing the atmosphere.
great to see the most atmospheric area in the park is getting something new though!
D Noir

Apparently, the sleepover area in the towers is going to be on the top floor, where guests have not been allowed access to before. So this wont have an effect on mazes (hopefully) =;
Alton13Nemesis

Haunted hollow i hear is getting 2 gargoyle figures, which obviously light up, make sounds and move, in time for scarefest
Dan

That would make sense as there are two concrete blocks behind a fence in Haunted Hollow where the hearse used to be (TT posted a picture on the Facebook page yesterday)
JammyBand

Can someone explain what the old theming element was? And also can you show a picture, as I've not known about this previously. Thanks. :D
sss1986

I'm hearing terrible rumours that Extreme Mazes won't be returning, Freedom Passes are getting ditched, A new maze was supposed to be coming but has since been scrapped and Carnival is getting a last minute revival (Not that I am bothered regarding Carnival but I don't think the story will change)...I am hoping they are just rumours and Alton Towers but with them keeping things quiet and only releasing the bare minimum i.e. The Scareroom (Do I call it that?) in the Towers and nothing more...It's not giving me much hope. I am going and I am going to enjoy it but it just seems very disorganised
Alton13Nemesis

Sss1986, you are absolutely right. From what i hear, that's exactly what we get. The same as last year, but no freedom pass, this is great for me personally, as last year were the best maze lineup i think scarefest has ever had, personal opinion
sss1986

How about the Extreme Mazes...any idea if they are making a return?..Don't get me wrong I thought last years line up was really good. I just know that for the last few years Carnival seems to hang on by a bit of thread and heard that at the start of this year it was confirmed Carnival was going so maybe a new maze was getting an appearance? Ah well maybe next year?
Alton13Nemesis

They were going to do a new maze but i think budget problems stopped them from doing so, hence carnie's return
dollyry

Some (not a lot) of information here but as it's not been posted by Alton Towers themselves maybe to be taken with a lunch of salt - http://www.staffordshireliving.co.uk/20 ... scarefest/

Alton Towers themselves have posted a time lapse video of the towers with the question 'Which will you choose?' Alongside a hashtag of #beforeorafterdark