Liseberg

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Justin

It does look amazing and it is a park that I want to visit soon :)
Gavinr

What a ride that was! Had two goes tonight. Managed to get front row on both of them. The drop is really impressive, both when on the ride and when looking at it from below. You can stand remarkably close to the ride around the drop and as it passes the bridge. It does carry quite a bot of speed around the ride. It's only the second dive coaster I've ever been on, after Oblivion, so I've not much to compare it to, but it was very enjoyable.

It does have a single rider queue as well, although it was mostly filled with groups trying to get a quick ride.

I'll try and upload some photos over the weekend once I get back.
Gavinr

You can find all my photos from my brief trip to Liseberg here: Valkyria Photos

Some choice shots follow:

Chris
Admin
Admin

Nice pics. Can't wait to visit next year.
Liam.W

When is the best time to visit Liseberg to get on lots of rides with minimal queues? Looking to go next year!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Chris
Admin
Admin

I guess mid-week? When I have been before during weekends it has never been too bad.

Seems they are open Friday to Sunday at this time of year anyway. The late closing time will help.
Ryan.B

I went 2016 summer, late August. It was a weekend, there was a tiny bit of rain in the morning, it stopped at 12:00 longest I queued was 10 minutes for Liseberg banan. Helix wasn't above five minutes, no one was on Balder and I did all the flats and kanonen (had to wait for more people, RIP to a genuinely underrated ride) got 35 rides, 5 on Balder, 8 on helix, 4 on Lisebergbanan, 4 on Kanonen. I also rerode all major flats about three times and did both water rides and stopped off for a nice meal (a long, but beautiful meal) just under Lisebergbanan. Queues move fast and you'll always be able to reride and hit 25+ rides a day (everyone I know has managed it).
nicky.borrill

Apparently most of their rides, including Helix and Balder are open for the Christmas season. Does anybody know how reliable they are in the cold? 
streetmagix

According to their website Balder is open but Helix isn't (https://www.liseberg.com/rides-attractions/). I'm not surprised really, I've ridden Blue Fire during the Europa winter season (~5c-7c) and it CRAWLED around the track. Honestly it was so close to rolling back or stalling around the layout I'm amazed it was open. Wodan (so GCI rather than Intamin) was running almost as good as normal though.
nicky.borrill

streetmagix wrote:According to their website Balder is open but Helix isn't (https://www.liseberg.com/rides-attractions/). I'm not surprised really, I've ridden Blue Fire during the Europa winter season (~5c-7c) and it CRAWLED around the track. Honestly it was so close to rolling back or stalling around the layout I'm amazed it was open. Wodan (so GCI rather than Intamin) was running almost as good as normal though.
That’s the page I originally got the information from :( I promise it WAS listed. Ah well, must have been a mistake. Still worth the trip for Val and Balder I guess. 
Ladyofthelake

Liseberg have announced they are constructing their first dark ride for 40 years.

Theme Park Insider have reported that the new ride will be located in the Kaninlandet (the Rabbit Land) on the site of the old Children's Theatre. Liseberg's President is quoted as saying that the ride is partly to make up for the loss of a children's ride which was demolished to make way for Valkyria, and has promised the new ride will "set a new standard for this type of experience in Sweden"

It's great to see Liseberg continuing to invest across the park, but also ensuring their offering is balanced so that there is something for everyone. I've not yet been to Liseberg, but am hoping to get out there at some point this year.
Liam.W

Going to Liseberg this weekend! Do any of the rides have a single rider?

Morgan

Valkyria has one, just make sure you pop your bags in the free lockers (located in the shop) before joining :)
Liam.W

Is that the case for main queues too? Or is there a baggage hold?

Morgan

Yeah, no matter which queue you use, you'll need to pop your bags in the lockers prior. If you're wanting to keep hold of your phone then the staff should ask for any smaller items in the station as they have trays for these.
Liam.W

Is this just for valkyria? I hate having to pop stuff in lockers incase I need anything in the queue 

Morgan

It is yes- Helix and Balder have traditional on-platform drops, and you take your bags on Lisebergbanan (which is fun trying to keep hold of them!)
Dom

Liseberg is such a cute park. I was really blown away with how much i fell in love with it. The rides are great. Hotel Gasten was so well themed and I love certain scenes in it. Helix is amazing as is Balder. I think the biggest surprise of my trip was Lisebergbanan. It completely took me by surprise, especially at night.
Coaster Chall

https://www.parkerlebnis.de/grand-curio ... pnews_pos3

Cannot wait for the Grand Curiosa Hotel to open for the 100th anniversary
Dennybas

The 100th anniversary event should be nutts, right?