Liseberg

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Owen

I've known about this since almost last year (beginning of this year) it does look great!
Last edited by Owen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam198

Taken from the minisite:

<3
Aidan Lowe

Nice to see construction finally moving along. It looks like a nice ride.

Video TPR posted a year ago.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Image from a week ago, taken from the CoasterForce Forums...

Burniel

What a beast! Good to see construction!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Alex

The second launch is now in position

lewis97
Admin
Admin

I have discovered this Unofficial FB Page for Helix - which is where the following images are from.

Corkscrew after leaving the station

Pre-drop out of the station

Underneath the first launch

LoopyDan

lewis97 wrote: I have discovered this Unofficial FB Page for Helix - which is where the following images are from.
Looks fantasic! Shame I probably won't be riding anytime soon though :(
Last edited by LoopyDan on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

They have since posted another which I believe translates 'curve after first launch' :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

danny.g97 wrote: They have since posted another which I believe translates 'curve after first launch' :)
It actually translates as 'curve before first launch', which the train goes through after exiting the corkscrew and on approaching the first launch.

Last edited by lewis97 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

daaayyyuuummm how have I not been keeping up to speed with this beast? it looks incredible! and I cannot wait to see how it pans out :D
Sam198

lewis97 wrote: Corkscrew after leaving the station

So yeah, I've genuinely just stuck this onto our fridge. My Girlfriend has been giving me odd looks all evening...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The end of the first launch (taken from FB page)...

Chris
Admin
Admin

This ride does look absolutely amazing.

Love how this park is small, but just installs attractions which do not fail to impress.

Who needs gimmicks..
lewis97
Admin
Admin

You can see that the first corkscrew is now complete, in this image from the unofficial FB page...

More track is up, although I couldn't tell you where in the layout it is...

Last edited by lewis97 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Nice overview from the FB page, of all track up so far.

Danny

So on the Helix website they have uploaded some new pictures over the past few days! It shows a good animated picture of the trains and they have green glowing lights on them! Whether or not they will be used all the time I'm not sure.
Also, although I haven't used a translator there seems to be a lot of work going on for the station. If you look on the blog it'll be top story. I don't understand what it says but there's lots of pictures showing work going on.
http://projekthelix.se/allt-ljus-pa-helix/
:)
Last edited by Danny on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Liseberg recently posted a video showing the progress on site.
Danny

Nothing special but just thought I'd say that it is exactly 100 days till opening day :lol:
Danny

Hi guys! So an update has been posted on the website. Now I have used a translator as as we know it doesn't always change to make sense in our language however would if you were reading it in Swedish. You can make sense of. Out of it :) here it is:
Since the last post in December, it has a part. In particular, work with stationsbygget rolled on. Now it appears that there should be a how, most walls are in place - there is some of the walls to the workshop (closest to the image if you're checking the webcam) to on-site. At the moment they work also with to put the roof on the station. On 22 January, the building should be covered, but it does not mean that the roof is quite clear. Thanks should be covered with so-called sedumväxter to blend nicely into the environment. When these can be planted is dependent on weather so until later on in our roof becomes quite clear. The number of station so it is soon time to lift the rails in the house. According to plan, this should be done with effect from 27 January. Thereafter, it is planned that the braking distance before the station also to be installed. Next week we will begin installation of rail again. We moved forward this work to wait for more material from Germany so that technicians may not sit and roll your thumbs and wait for deliveries in unnecessarily. But now there is enough rails in place and they will begin to work with to install ready around escalator and in the upper part of the park toward the station. Work with that pull electricity to Helix has rolled on and the most is now in place in switchgear number 9. On 28 January we have planned a trials of S9 so we will keep our fingers crossed that everything looks good. Since it is February, and I would ask to be allowed to come back to you with more information about what is happening in a later speech, but I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that the date is booked for the first test on 19 March 2014! 98 Days Left and countdown ...

This sounds like construction is really picking up and the first test run is 19th March!! Can't wait :)