Liseberg

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Jack

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

video showing Mechanica in motion :)
Aidan Lowe

Nice off-ride and some POV footage: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Owen

Here's a POV of the parks brand new attraction AeroSpin!

These Gerstlauer Sky Roller 24 models are really intresting, something I would hope Merlin parks in the UK would look into, especially after the edition of the Sky Fly model in LEGOLAND Germany! :D
Owen

Liseburg has been on a roll these past few years and that roll doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon! Two new attractions are set to be coming to the park over the next two years, and they certainly look good!

Loke

Loke is a brand new Giant Frisbee ride set to open in 2017. The attraction will swing riders to a top height of 136 feet and be located near Balder. Loke will be created by Intamin.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]

Valkyria

In 2018 Liseburg will be adding a brand new rollercoaster to their line up! Valkyria is a Bolinger & Mabilard Mini Dive Coaster, with a top height of 164 feet, a top speed of 65mph and a length of 2460 feet - making it Europes tallest and longest dive coaster! (As well as being the tallest, fastest and longest mini dive coaster in the world!). The ride will feature 3 inversions, an Immelmann, a zero-G roll and another element yet to be stated, also meaning it has the most inversions on a dive coaster in Europe. The rides' name "Valkyria" is said to derive from Scandinavian mythology, and it will be the first dive coaster in Sweden. The ride will replace the park's Intamin accelerator coaster "Kanonen".

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]

An official announcement is expected tomorrow, hopefully offering more information on both attractions!
Georgie

woah, that last bit caught me off guard! I was expecting Kanonen to leave eventually but I'm surprised it's being killed off so soon and it's a shame that it's closing before I got a chance to ride it. Whilst I think that a B&M will suit the park (and Swedish parks in general) better than the rumoured RMC would have, I'm honestly not the biggest dive coaster fan. While I have admittedly only ridden Oblivion, a lot of dives do seem to share a similar layout and experience and I don't see this being too different or holding up against Balder and Helix. That said, I like the concept art as it hopefully means that there's actually some theming to make the drop more intimidating (unlike a certain new american dive machine). Speaking of, for a park that's previously never bothered, Liseberg sure are getting good at it, particularly with their flats!
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Liam.W

I wasn't expecting that!!! Do we know when Kanonen will close?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Owen

Presumably this year around winter - more details are likely to come out today. :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Myths & Legends minisite is now live, after prematurely becoming active yesterday which was the source of the early reveal. There's an English version of this morning's announcement available here.

Owen has already summarised some of the key details, but here are a few additional things that haven't already been covered...

The area, which includes Balder, will be rethemed to take inspiration from Nordic mythology with Loke effectively battling with Balder. There wasn't really too much said about Valkyria, although I expect we'll hear more next year.

Loke

Loke will replace Spinrock, a Zamperla Discovery (although similar to a KMG Afterburner), providing a similar ride experience but with greater capacity.
You are cunningly lured into the mighty giants' dark lair – high up in the air. From the precipice you are thrown into battle. And there can only be one winner.

Buckle yourself in and sit facing outwards with your legs dangling from the spinning gondola. At the highest point you reach a breathtaking 42 metres in the air. Scarily close to Balder – and much higher!
Manufacturer: Intamin
Attraction type: Gyro Swing
Height, construction: 27 m
Max. height of gondola: 42 m
Max. angle of swing: 120 degrees
Max. speed: 100 kph
Number of passengers/ride: 40
Ride duration: 100 seconds
Capacity: 900 passengers/hour

Here's the webpage.

Valkyria
In the mighty shadow of the valkyrie you are chosen for the ultimate challenge. Summon up all your courage and strength, because in order to rise you must first fall. Straight down!

Europe's longest Dive Coaster, with a vertical 50-metre-drop. Just as you are about to go over the edge the ride suddenly pauses. Before you plunge vertically into an underground tunnel at a speed of 105 kph!
[align=center]Image[/align]

Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard
Attraction type: Dive Coaster
Length: Around 700 m
Height: 47 m
Drop: 50 m (incl. underground section)
Max. speed: 105 kph
Number of passengers/ride: 3 trains x 18 passengers
Capacity: 1,100 passengers/hour

Here's the webpage.

Interestingly, Andreas Andersen also teased that there were also exciting things in development for the years beyond 2018, so it looks like Liseberg has an exciting future ahead of itself with it seeming to now be going down the theme park rather than amusement park route.
Owen

It seems the information posted previously was indeed more or less correct, I might have to postpone my trip until 2018 then!
Luce

I really like the two new rides announced as coming to Liseberg which is one of my favourite parks, shame to see Kanonen is going but on the other hand, a B&M mini dive coaster is a worthy replacement I think :)
Michelle

I am so excited about this, Liseberg is one of my favourite parks so I can't wait to get back to try these new additions. Personally I won't be mourning the loss of Kanonen!
Nathan_Fisher

Kanonen did look like a very unique launch coaster and it's a shame I will never get to ride it. Kanonen aside however, the two new rides from the images look fantastic. It's amazing to see how Liseberg has expanded over the last few years and the new additions certainly make it a must-do park in 2018!
Tom

Woop, Liseberg always does amazing stuff. If they turn out anything like the concept artwork I will be very happy. More reasons to go back to Sweden. :D
Dom

According to Park World Magazine, Liseberg have announced that its planned indoor waterpark and hotel complex is expected to open in 2021. the 1.9 billion SEK (200 million Euro) project will include a 2,800 capacity waterpark with 10 water slides, 8 pools, 2 water play areas and a 400 seat restaurant. Planning is awaiting permission.
Owen

Here's a virtual POV of Valkyria!

It features a slightly more unique layout to most drive coasters although it's still fairly short!
MakoMania

Looks great!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There's also a couple of new visuals which provide a overview of the layout, and a press release is available here. Certainly looks like it will have some nice interactions with the surrounding area and pathways!

Dom

It looks like Loke has now opened at Liseberg. The only image I can find that isn't concept art is this one

But there is also a couple of video's on Liseberg's official Facebook page
Justin

I'm sure I'd be sick on this, although I'm planning a trip for the coasters next year. It looks an amazing park!
Gavinr

Just been on my first visit to Liseberg and Loke's a lot of fun. It picks up a lot of speed and there's a lot of air-time at each apex. Riding it in the rain isn't recommended though. It got quite painful on the eyes!

I enjoyed Helix as well with some nice bits of air-time and near misses. Balder is probably one of my favourite wooden coasters just because it's so smooth. I hope SW8 is as smooth!

Lastly they have a VR setup so that you can experience what Valkyria will be like, but you have to pay, separately from the tokens you normally buy as well, so we didn't bother having a go.