ScareMazing South 2014 - Reviews & Feedback

Archive for past events.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Thank you to all those who attended our ScareMazing South event at Thorpe Park Resort, and making it another successful event!

We'd love to know what you thought about the day. So feel free to let us know what the highlights were for you, as well as anything you think could be improved upon or perhaps exclusives you'd like to see at future events.

We look forward to seeing lots of you again at the Alton Towers Resort on October 25th to #DoubleTheFear at ScareMazing North.
Jack

wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow and WOW! what an incredible day that was! Had a brilliant time catching up with everyone IRL and everything done with the event was just perfect! possibly the best day I've had at a theme park to date! don't know what else to say! :D
Chris
Admin
Admin

Thanks again to everyone who came yesterday, was lovely to see some new faces.

Thorpe really do pull out all of the stops for our events, so we look forward to hosting some more there next year.

See you all in two weeks for ScareMazing North!
Master_feedback

Yet again Thorpe management roll the red carpet out for us I must say a big thanks to all the Thorpe Team for all thier hard work ... I hope they read this ... they deserve it bring on Scarefest North and thanks to tt gang for pulling of yet another show stopper
Mayfly_

Firstly a super big huge thanks to the TowersTimes / SouthParks team for organising such an awesome event and day at Thorpe Park.

Considering it was my first ever event on my own with you guys, I felt right at home right from the start as if I was with friends and from this event I have made some friends indeed.

The general vibe of the day was great and was relaxed, the chance to hear from the Marketing Director first thing in the AM was brilliant, the behind the scenes tour of the 3 mazes was superb and the hosts taking us round the tours were informative, friendly and funny. The fast track access to the mazes on extreme mode was crazy (I apologise for all the bag clutching Liam F but never question the conga line unless you want to get separated from us and dragged into another room by an actor again lol).

Quote of the day was a significant amount of us shouting in unison "hold the airgates" whilst in the process of trying to commandeer a train on Nemesis Inferno at the fast track section. :lol

Special shoutout to the guys who looked after me for the day - Liam F, Dom, Amber (thanks for the lift to Thorpe Park too), Alex, Martin & John, (sorry if i've forgotten anyone) and a special thanks to those who talked to me and made me feel super welcome.

I will definitely be attending more events next season and hopefully some of the Europe bound meets.

I had a really good day and evening and who knows...maybe next year.. I might do brave it alone (famous last words). :lol
Dom

OMG!! What a weekend! Where to start?

I got to Staines and met up with Martin, Lee and John and they encouraged me to do the mazes. And i kid you not i was petrified. I was a proud member of Team Wuss, so for me to even think about doing the mazes was just crazy. But i braved all of them on the Friday, admittingly, jumping and screaming and holding on to those in front of me for dear life, but it still counts.

Saturday came and i was actually excited to get into the mazes. The morning talk, i think was good, although couldn't hear much of what he was saying, and the random intrusion of the bin man was kinda funny. The behind the scenes tour was weird but amazing. Seeing the mazes with the lights on just felt weird, but also what a pleasure we got to do that. It was really interesting to hear what the tour guides were saying. The VIP lanyards were a great unexpected extra and the extreme mazes, (yes i did them) were just whoa! Cabin was mental. We lost Lee within minutes and then got stuck in one room for about 5 minutes with just one actor appearing and disappearing right in front of us. Crazy. But so much fun. Valentine, Saw and Studio also upped their game and i was screaming and grabbing to the people in front. (Sorry Alex, John and Naomi). We had to give the girl outside Valentine a round of applause for doing this long health and safety speech in three breaths and it was that quick that she deserved it and i think it made her day tbh :lol

I would also like to apologise to Amber for the laughing fit i had after Stealth. No idea what caused it, but was funny. Then came the time for people to do Brave It Alone. Some went to Valentine, Some went to Cabin and the majority of those doing them did Studio 13. Well done to all of them doing the Brave it alone. It took a lot of guts and it sounds like it was incredible and crazy and no i'm not doing it next year.

Chessington on the Sunday was a pleasant, chilled out day and i was pleasantly surprised by how good the themeing is at Chessington.

A Massive THANK YOU to everyone at Chessington and Thorpe for making the weekend so incredible. A Humongous THANK YOU to TT / SP for organising the events and making sure everything runs so well and just a Ginormous THANK YOU to everyone for being amazing.
Hexparadox

Afternoon everyone

New to the forum and the group. Was at the SouthParks meetup at Thorpe park this weekend.

Had an amazing day, loved the backstage tours and meeting everyone.

The Go it Alone we did for Cabin in the Woods in the evening was pretty good, not as extreme as I was hoping though :(
Luce

Well, what an awesome weekend of fun, fantastic company and many memories. It began at Thorpe Park on Saturday and was a totally amazing day from the fascinating insight into Fright Nights with the talk and the behind the scenes tours to me facing Studio 13 alone along with others who were also taking part in it and the other mazes. That has to be one of the craziest things I've done and I was apprehensive about it even though I don't get scared by horror mazes, however I loved the experience and would definitely do it again.

It was also a pleasure to meet new faces as well as seeing the familiar ones too and I hope we will see you all at future events. A massive thanks to everyone for coming along and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did.

I think it was one of the best, incredible theme park visits I've had and thanks to everyone who made it such a memorable trip - from all the amazing team and members on this wonderful forum to Thorpe Park for their fantastic hospitality :)
Dom

If anyone wants their video of them coming out of Studio 13, send me a message on FB and i will send it to you.
Martin

First and foremost we have to give a huge thank you to the management and team at Thorpe Park because without their cooperation ScareMazing South, past and future events would not be possible.
I would also like to thank Jason, the marketing manager, for taking the time to talk to us all at the start of the day and giving us a very good insight in to what it takes to prepare,organise and present such a phenomenal event as Fright Nights.
Without question this was for me the best day our events team have organised so far. Thanks guys.
I had no idea what to expect from Fright Nights as this was my first experience of them.
Disappointed I was not. Thorpe Park really does take on a new persona after dark.
It was great to see a lot of new faces at the event and good to catch up with the regulars too. The experiences that had been organised for everyone were beyond my expectations particularly the behind the scenes tour and then extreme versions of the 3 mazes.
I hope every one of you that went had as much fun and frights as I did. I'm finding it difficult to put in to words exactly how great this day was because words simply cannot describe the experience I had.
I look forward to seeing you all again very soon.
Once again thank you to each and every single person that was involved in making this day the best ever for me including you our members. You simply are the best.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Liam B

Well, for my first experience of fright nights. It was unbelievable! I have Never experienced anything like it in my life. It was just incredible. Thankyou to all the staff at thorpe who made the day ever more amazing than planned (extra big thankyou to the actors in studio 13. My "brave it alone" experience will stay with me forever!) and thankyou to every member who came along. You are the reason these events are such a success and I hope to see you all again very soon! I hope our Thorpe Park meets will continue to get bigger and better as the years go on.

Once again thankyou to everyone who made this the best meet I have been on :D
Puggie88

Just want to say a massive thank you to towers times times for this event. As a towers times event virgin I was bit skeptical on how it would go but can honestly say it was an amazing day. We were made to feel welcome and had a great laugh.

The highlight for me was the behind the scenes tours and credit must be given to the staff that did these, especially the MBV maze with her reference to feeling like you were being born.

My only criticism was thorpe's management of blair witch, those that were around at the opening at 7 will know what I mean but the attraction itself was brilliant.

When we first arrived i think the communication at the gates as to what was happening could have been a bit better as we didn't really know what was going on at one point and that we had to go and check in.

Overall far exceeded expectations and you are all a great bunch of people. Roll on the 25th for scaremazing north!!!!!!!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Yet another fantastic theme park trip. As I've mentioned to a few people, this year I've had more days out at theme parks than in any previous year, with most of those having been with TowersTimes and SouthParks. The events honestly just seem to keep outdoing each other, with Thorpe Park providing exclusives and hospitality that just about topped the Southern Screamer's.

After eventually making it into the park, Jason's introduction to the day and Fright Nights as a whole was an insightful starting point. It was great of him to offer to speak to us all and was certainly interesting to discover some of the marketing and other work that goes into the event.

As most people have said, the behind the scenes tours were definitely a highlight of the day, and the organisation of these was pretty good. The lanyards were an unexpected but lovely touch, as was the hour of scare maze fastrack.

Whilst it's the exclusives that the day is structured around, I always look forward to seeing everyone again, as well as meeting new faces. The 12+ hours on park meant that I got to spend the day with a variety of people and got to enjoy the park with more of you guys as a result.

Unfortunately I can't make it to ScareMazing North, but I hope to see you all again next year or perhaps even before...
Ladyofthelake

It seems to be becoming a bit of a running theme with me that TowersTimes and SouthParks Events enable me to experience certain theme park events and features for the first time. This event was no different, with ScareMazing South being my first visit to Fright Nights.

The day started off perfectly with the fascinating and insightful talk from Jason Willis, the Marketing Director for Thorpe Park. Hearing how they market the event to entice different people to visit the park amongst other things was the perfect platform to start the day before heading for early ride time on The Swarm.

As many people have mentioned, the behind the scenes tours of the three mazes were a particular highlight of the day. Learning some of the secrets and the general workings of the mazes from such enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff was amazing and really makes you appreciate just how much goes into providing the high standard of scare maze that Thorpe has. The fact that we then had the fastrack was an added bonus and I loved the lanyards that we got given - such a small touch that made everyone feel like we truly were getting the VIP treatment.

My day was capped off by the crazy experience that was Face it Alone. I must have been mad to decide to book this! It is certainly an experience that will stay with me for a long time.

As always, it is the fantastic people that I am privileged to be able to attend these events with that makes it such a fantastic weekend. It was great to see familiar faces once again as well as make some great new friends too.

A huge thank you to the amazing staff at Thorpe Park Resort who really pulled out all the stops for us. I didn't think it was possible to top Southern Screamer, but this did so thanks to everything Thorpe Park did for us. A huge thank you also to our fantastic TowersTimes and SouthParks team for organising the event.

I look forward to ScareMazing North on the 25th October!
Justin

Fellow members have already said what a brilliant day it was and I would like to echo those thoughts! Thank you to SouthParks and Thorpe Park for working together to bring us such a great day. A BIG thank you must also be given to everyone else for making the event what it is! It was great meeting with you all again and I can't wait to the next time. Unfortunately it will be at the next SouthParks meet.

The mazes behind the scene tours/fasttrack were great, I was expecting them to be more extreme and it seemed a bit lost but then I am hard to scare but I loved every moment of the day! Brave it alone next time for me too!

5*

Justin
Last edited by Justin on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin

Dom wrote:OMG!! What a weekend! Where to start?

Saturday came and i was actually excited to get into the mazes. The morning talk, i think was good, although couldn't hear much of what he was saying, and the random intrusion of the bin man was kinda funny.
I had to smile at bin man!
Chris
Admin
Admin

There are a couple of things we'll do differently next time - I think having the admissions window was a nice touch by Thorpe but prefer having a table like in the summer - it's a bit more welcoming and clearer for members to see where we are.

Yes, I cannot believe that guy decided to push a bin through our group during the talk. Clearly never paid attention to his customer training..
mol7030

Sorry this is a bit late! I thought ScareMazing South was absolutely brilliant. It was great to get an insight in to the inner workings of the mazes from the interesting and informative team and the VIP lanyard is on display in my room! I also enjoyed hearing from Jason Wills in the morning; how Thorpe Park have managed to market Fright Nights after a year of promoting the resort to a family audience. This year was my favourite trip to Fright Nights yet and thank you very much to all that was involved in organising it. I look forward to seeing you all again in the new year!

MO'L