Disneyland Resort Paris

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Alton Towers Mad

[quote=""doopy dan""]
the weather in paris is exactly perfect at .
[/quote]

The weather isnt fine in winter at DLP. When I have been in December, February, October x3 it has poored it down on days.
nick_mcuk

[quote=""Alton Towers Mad""][quote=""doopy dan""]
the weather in paris is exactly perfect at .
The weather isnt fine in winter at DLP. When I have been in December, February, October x3 it has poored it down on days.[/quote][/quote]

It Snowed in Feb this year.....and rained last year in Jan!....
{LAS}NemesiS

there is a rumer that on april 9th 2005, space mountain will become 'space mountain:mission 2', and that it will have new themeing, new music and a new track!!!
nick_mcuk

And where is this info from...do tell?
{LAS}NemesiS

this is annoying!!i cant seem to find the link.by the way im going to disney land paris on august 8th!:drunk: :D :drunk:(ill keep looking for the link)
cookiee_munster

[quote=""{LAS}NemesiS""]there is a rumer that on april 9th 2005, space mountain will become 'space mountain:mission 2', and that it will have new themeing, new music and a new track!!![/quote]

I think you may be talking about the Space Mountain rehab in California, that's receiving new track lights etc, and also mentioning the rumoured new concept called rocket rods, which when the sun goes down and its night time at the park Space Mountain looses its Space theme and receives a rock theme with a pumping rock soundtrack and a completely new lighting setting, much like rock n' rollercoaster without the launch :)

I can confirm that Space Mountain in PARIS, not just California, will be closing from the 9th January 2005 for three months for a refurb - the ride, as in track, wil remain the same but the rides storyline will be changed to what s believed to be a supernova with new effects etc. (current theme "From the Earth to the Moon")

The ride will be reopened to celebrate its 10th year in the park and Disneylands 50th annnversay.

Although the storyline of the refit has not been confrimed the refurb and a change in storyline has been offically announced by the park and is widely available on many websites - i'll have to find a link from my history in you want proof.

There are also current negotiations to create E250 million for new attractions for the resort. The negotiations mst be completed by 31st July or will collaspe (negotiations manly to do with restructuring parks debts.

Again if you need info on this i can give you a link or just use a search engine as it is all in the public domain and confirmed. :lol:
cookiee_munster

well this all sounds very interesting! thankyou :)

i really did wonder what paris would get, it seems that every park is getting some new addition to celebrate Disneyland's Californian 50th :)

whats going on with tower of terror at paris anyway?

By the sounds of it not even the management a sure at the minute.

It is obvious that the rest of the park was designed to fit around ToT with ToT slap bang in the middle of the park - there is a restaurent in the middle of the park with the ToT logo on it and then quite a large fenced off area behind the restaurant.

If it does come it will be a cheap clone like the one in Califiornia, actually that was the ToT that was originally designed for Paris, but thy couldn't afford it at the time.

But unless it is the full ride like in Florida then really ToT is just a freefall tower so I don't think it will have the desired effect on the parks - to revive them.

People are starting to talk about a EMV, like Mummy, in Disney instead of Tot, I would prefer this.

With the money they should be getting I'm hopig that the French management team get a big say, they seen more longterm thinkers, rather than America Disney management which just see Dollar signs, hence why paris got itself in to such a state.

2005 will be a big one for he resort - a make or break - if they don't get ths money for attractions they might as well close, the money is tied in with debt restructuring which is a must. But if it gets it i think the park will be revived and it will be even more important for Alton Towers to really become a resort if it wants to expand.

Hope that helps
cookiee_munster

would be interesting if they got a clone of the indy ride at California/Tokyo Disney sea :) even better if it was an EMV ride with a completely different story/theme :)

is the mummy at universal considered as an EMV? i just thought it was a dark rollercoaster that went backwards/forwards?

I'm not to sure actually i saw some pictures which did make it look like an EMV but you could well be right - i don't know alot about the mummy ride.

It would be cool to get an emv in paris with a new storyline but I can only see a clone IF they do get one to keep the costs down.

Anyway considering this debt restructuring needs to be signed by tomorrow and the debt waivers are due to expire tomorrow as well if no agreement is made, it is very quiet - keep on hearing that a shareholder who owns 20% of shares (some middle eastern Prince) is yet to put his name to the agreement and actually hasn't made any opinion on the debt restructuring. So i haven't got a clue right now whether they will get the money for rides or not?!? :?
cookiee_munster

yeah the mummy ride is a tracked rollercoaster that has elements to propel it forwards and backwards through scenes, it can also have its speed altered so it can go slow through some scenes and the next hutling guests down a twisting helix or something :)

now Spiderman could be considered as an EMV :)

Tis a shame about Disneyland Paris, its my favorite magic kingdom park, haven't been to Disney Studios...

Just thought I'd update this for anyone who checks it - DLP 3rd quarter results were released - and were pretty bad - attendance was down i think, but spending was up, but hotel income was down - so overall it was pretty negative.

Reasons are starting to appear as to why the debt restructuring agreement which would have funded new attractions was not signed on July 31st - but now extended to end of Sept - some of the major lenders passed over the debt to a debt collection company, one of which places bet on share prices to fund itself apparently, and they wanted to hold out for a better deal.

So looks as if things should sot themselves out - even though some people feel that bad financial results will mean this new agreement will not be signed by the lenders - in a way it may be a good thing by showing how important it is to get the agreement signed to bring in new attractions.
haydn!

Its been pretty much confirmed that DLP Resort as secured considerable amount of funding for new attractions untill 2008.

The refurb of Space Mountain being one, but also Buzz Lightyear a possible second for the main park.

TOT as almost been confirmed for the Movie Park, but a smaller version of Toon Town is to be installed first, but this is rumoured to be mainly retail and catering only with no actual rides... a bit disapointing as this as got to be the only park that cost hundreds of millions of pounds, yet only as five rides!
DiveMaster

Just a quick update on hj1984's post.

The Disneyland Resort Paris has now considered a large sum of money for investment - this money will be invested in two stages - new major attractions will be seen in the periods 2006-2008 and 2012-2014 with continous investment throughout this period. (NB. - the resort is also legally required to open a third gate by 2017 although it is expected the resort will skirt the rules by turning empty land into an environment park - think Centre Parks)

In the period of 2006-2008 the park has not comfirmed but it is strongly rumoured the park will open a Buzz Lightyear AstroBlaster ride in the main park and the popular Tower of Terror and Toonstudios in the studios park. An announcement of the Buzz ride is expected on January 15th.

The current CEO of the resort is known to be a huge fan of WDW Florida's Splash Mountain and this is expected to be the icon ride of the 2012-2014 investment.

On a side note - the resorts Space Mountain ride will close on January 15th to be reopened on April the 9th as Space Mountain:Mission 2 - the rides special effects are being completedly refitted as well as a new soundtrack to change the journey to the moon into a journey to a supernova. The new logo looks amazing.

If anyone wants any links for any of this just ask. :)

From the bleak beginnings - this park has bright future.
nick_mcuk

[quote=""DiveMaster""]Just a quick update on hj1984's post.

The Disneyland Resort Paris has now considered a large sum of money for investment - this money will be invested in two stages - new major attractions will be seen in the periods 2006-2008 and 2012-2014 with continous investment throughout this period. (NB. - the resort is also legally required to open a third gate by 2017 although it is expected the resort will skirt the rules by turning empty land into an environment park - think Centre Parks)

In the period of 2006-2008 the park has not comfirmed but it is strongly rumoured the park will open a Buzz Lightyear AstroBlaster ride in the main park and the popular Tower of Terror and Toonstudios in the studios park. An announcement of the Buzz ride is expected on January 15th.

The current CEO of the resort is known to be a huge fan of WDW Florida's Splash Mountain and this is expected to be the icon ride of the 2012-2014 investment.

On a side note - the resorts Space Mountain ride will close on January 15th to be reopened on April the 9th as Space Mountain:Mission 2 - the rides special effects are being completedly refitted as well as a new soundtrack to change the journey to the moon into a journey to a supernova. The new logo looks amazing.

If anyone wants any links for any of this just ask. :)

From the bleak beginnings - this park has bright future.[/quote]

I am off there early March for a short break....i will see whats a crackin!
Adam

can i have a llook at the logo please??? :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
nick_mcuk

What logo?
DiveMaster

The logo is for the updated Space Mountain ride - Mission 2 - open from April 9th. So this won't be open while you are there -- but construction of the Tower of Terror is expected to start within the next couple of months or so you may see the construction of this.

Logos and pictures of the rumoured construction of Buzz in the Visionarium ride in Discoveryland can be found below. One is a photoshop of potentially how the new Buzz ride will look.

Logos
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... logo_w.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... sion-2.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... ements.jpg

Photoshop for Buzz
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... year_w.jpg

Buzz Construction
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... 64512-.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... 64536-.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/ ... 64632-.jpg

Linked here is an ad for Space Mountain:M2 (don't know if the link is still active, will need broadband)
http://kyoto.free.fr/agdisney122004%20108.mov
bigblade40

hasnt space mountain in WDW been changed aswell??
bigblade40