Disneyland Resort Paris

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Robert.W

Smiler313 wrote:Does anyone know when the Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain overlay will finish?
There isn't currently any date but it's thought it'll be around for a while.

abigsmurf

They're going to be adding scenes from Ep.8 to Star Tours so I imagine they'll keep it around for that. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't start removing it until this time next year.
ThemeCrafter264

Summer of Super Heroes is coming to Walt Disney Studios, from around June to September, with a new marvel show, in the cinemagique theater. Also, the 25th Anniversary Celebration is continuing until September 2018.
Danny

Robert.W wrote:
Danny wrote:So it's officially booked! 5th-8th January! Very excited as it will have been 15 years since my last visit, so I'm looking for any advice on things to do and see, I'm sure plenty has changed since :D
Awesome! (I'm a little jealous :P)

While Disneyland Park itself hasn't had many new rides - the only ones being Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, an update to Star Tours which is now Star Tours: The Adventure Continues, and the Space Mountain Star Wars HyperSpace Mountain overlay - there are still a lot of new shows like the two new shows on the Royal Castle Stage just next to the castle, both of which have their last performance on the 7th of January 2018. There is also the new 25th anniversary parade, Disney Stars on Parade performed daily as well as Disney Illuminations fireworks, projections and water display.

In Walt Disney Studios, there's are probably quite a few new attractions since your last visit. The ones worth noting are The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille: The Adventure. Other new attractions include those in the Toy Story Playland and Cars Quatre Roues Rallye. There is also the show, Mickey and the Magician in the Animagique Theatre, which also ends on the 7th of Jan 2018.

There is also the Christmas event which also concludes on the 7th of Jan 2018, which includes the Christmas parade which is performed daily  in Disneyland Park and also there is the Frozen Sing-a-long (if your in to that sort of thing :)) performed in the Chaparrel Theatre in Frontierland and also Mickey's Christmas Big Band performed on the Videopolis stage (Cafe Hyperion, Discoveryland). On the Royal Castle Stage there is also a new show, A Merry Stichmas! In Walt Disney Studios there is also new shows in the Production Courtyard area called Sing Me a Merry Christmas performed several times daily and a nighttime projection show called Goofy's Incredible Christmas.

I hope this post gives a little insight on what new things you can expect whithout too many spoilers! Each park should have up to date brouchers when you arrive detailing all show times, rides and park maps.
Thank you Robert, that's huge help! Certainly got me excited, although I think I'll pass of the frozen sing along :P
Robert.W

Forbes:
Euro Disney Planning Blockbuster New Attraction For 2024
Interesting. I'm not too sure on how credible this claim is, but certainly interesting to hear. The article seems to suggest that a Tower of Terror retheme to Guardians of the Galaxy is a possibility, but given the facade renovation work due to take place, that change is more likely to happen sooner than 2024 if it's happening at all, I would have thought.

Here's a link to the full article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2017/11/22/euro-disney-planning-blockbuster-new-attraction-for-2024/amp/

abigsmurf

A six year wait just for a retheme as THE major project for the park would be an incredibly bleak prospect for a park that needs more rides. You'd also have to wonder how much of a draw it would be 4-5 years after GotG Vol.3 too.

The rumours I've seen floating around seem to fit better (and are a more exciting prospect): A Captain America bike coaster using the Tron tech.
Robert.W

I hadn't heard of that rumour. I know that at one point, EuroDisney discussed having a major Marvel Land in WDS, but never head of any ride specifics for it, and I think most people just assumed that Rock 'n' Rollercoaster would get a retheme, along with most other attractions in the backlot.
While the Forbes article does speculate a Guardians of the Galaxy ride experience to replace Tower of Terror, there is nothing really to suggest it is happening as that project really. Considering the renovation works that have been announced for the ride, I'd assume a retheme to the Tower of Terror will happen sooner than 2024 if they decide to retheme it at all.

jwewan

Hi all. So I'm going to be going to Disneyland Paris on a school trip February 26th-27th, will be the days we spend in the parks. On the 26th we get a half day at Walt Disney Studios, and on the 27th we get a full day at Disneyland Park. I was just wondering, will it be busy when I'm going and what are the best rides to go on, incase there are long queue times, forcing myself to have to choose the best rides. Thanks :D (By the way, we'll be staying in one of the Disney hotels, if that makes a difference.
Robert.W

Hi jwewan! 

I can't really be certain about the crowds, but a little basic logic tells me that if it's colder, then there should be lesser people than there would perhaps be in the summer months, however, this is just me having a bit of a guess.

For your day at the Walt Disney Studios Park, some of the better attractions include Twighlight Zone Tower of Terror, Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille: The Adventure. Some of the other attractions worth taking note of are Rock and Rollercoaster, all the Toy Story Playland attractions and Mickey and the Magician live show in the Animagique Theatre. It's worth nothing that as this is such a small park, lines for even the more tame attractions can get unbelievably long, such as Crush's Coaster. Also, during your visit, Season of the Force will be happening at this park, which depending on how late you stay, concludes each night with a nighttime projection show on the Tower of Terror called "Star Wars: A Galactic Celebration". As well as this, the Season of the Force even also included other limited time entertainment which you should be able to find out more info on the website or on a brochure in park. 

At Disneyland Park, the main attractions include Hyperspace Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Indiana Jones et le Tempil du Peril and "it's a small world". A tip for getting some extra rides on these more popular attractions would be to sacrifice the time when most people would be viewing the parade as lines for these ride should be much shorted then. During your trip, there are also a number of rides under renovation including Phantom Manor and a number of the Fantasyland rides. Here is a link to see all scheduled renovations at Disneyland Paris: http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

And finally about you staying onsite, in the mornings there is Extra Magic Time, which you can find out more on this link: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/faq/park-hours-schedules/extra-magic-hours/. The dates that you are visiting the resort, Extra Magic Time runs from 8:30am to 9:30am in both parks.

I hope this post helps a little so that you can experience as much as you can at the resort. Each park will have an up to date brochure available at the park entrance with the all most current info on show and parade times at the parks.

Robert.W

Disneyland Paris had produced this fancy graphic for events that will happen in 2018!

Ladyofthelake

Good news for fans of the Tower of Terror at Disneyland Paris!!

ED92 are reporting that Tower of Terror will be undergoing a period of refurbishment from May 21st until March 2019. As part of this, the attraction will be surrounded in scaffolding and themed tarpaulin whilst the facad is renovated to its ORIGINAL STATE! It is anticipated the ride will continue to operate during this period. This also means that there is to be NO retheme of the attraction to Guardians of the Galaxy!! It would seem that the plans for Mission Breakout have been shelved for now. Hopefully the investment in the exterior facade means that the current theming will be remaining for some time yet, something which I personally am very, very pleased about :D
abigsmurf

Pretty great news, the park needs new rides not rethemes. The Tower of Terror is timeless, Will Guardians of the Galaxy be remembered 15 years from now?

Hope we get news on what's being added soon, still think they're going to go with a Marvel Zone.
Nickolai

Hopefully they differ the drop sequences.
Formally Smiler313
streetmagix

I'm still confused why they picked Tower of Terror to be converted to GotG ride and not Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. I mean, Aerosmith were popular but are they anymore? 

Good to see some work taking place on Tower of Terror, it's been a few years since I've been to DLP but I love the way it's so imposing. I can't wait to see what it looks like early next year!
theparklifekid

BREAKING: Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris is going to receive a Marvel transformation! The ride will be will be totally reimagined as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure, in which guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers.

Does this mean Tower of Terror will remain the same or will it be changed to GotG? What is your opinion on this ride change?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Michelle

I don't think ToT will be changed, as Katie stated ED92 think the period of refurbishment is not to change the theme,(unless they are completely misinformed,) it would make no sense to spend months working on the facade of a ride to then change it again in the near future.

Personally I love Aerosmith so I'll be sad to see the ride changed however its definitely a less popular IP than ToT so if they're hell bent on changing an existing ride rather than designing a new one, I guess this is the more palatable option.
Nickolai

I think the change will bring a more themed exterior which I am happy for. When will the refurbishment happen?
Formally Smiler313
Chris
Admin
Admin

That area of the park desperately needs some sparkle, so this should help.

At least the original R&RC will be kept in Orlando.. which is better themed anyway.
Ladyofthelake

Of all the possible options to turn an existing ride into a Marvel themed attraction this is probably the best compromise we cold have hoped for. As Chris mentioned, the area of the park R&RC sits in is in desperate need of a refresh so hopefully this announcement will mean some significant work to that area. With the current 'Meet Spiderman' location right next door, and the former 'Cinemacique' theatre set to host a Marvel stunt show from this summer there is the potential for Disney to create a decent Marvel mini area within studios. All it would take to complete would be a minor re-theme to the F&B outlet, and Armageddon to be completely re-done and you would have your Marvel area sitting quite happily within the existing park. More importantly from my personal point of view, doing this would mean that Tower of Terror would be safe from any Marvel butchery!
mol7030

We are thinking of visiting in March - any ideas when the Rock N Rollercoaster re-theme will begin?

MOL