2nd day tickets with hotel offer

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
lucozade

Sometimes (always) when I visit Alton Towers I want to come back the next day, but the thought of making the long journey all over again puts me off.

IF AT offered a combined 2nd day ticket plus a hotel room for the night would you buy it & how much would you pay?
Danny

Usually the hotel package comes with tickets??
HB489

This is already offered through the Short Breaks on the website, at least for other local hotels, but I assume for at the resort also. I've booked a weekend for Scarefest, 1 night in a Hilton near by plus 2 day tickets, £145 for 2 of us I think it was but process carry depending on time you go and which hotel.

This is same for other parks, did the same for Chessington last year with 3 of its got a similar price.
lucozade

Yes but I don't think Alton Towers understand there is A HUGE potential upsell on returning customers who had not planned their stay before visiting.

As I said, I see the come back tomorrow ticket and think the journey to get there isn't worth it all over again.

A guest at phantasialand visiting the park spends 37 euro on average. A overnight hotel guest at the park spends 130!

IF AT offered a cheap room & return tomorrow ticket (£35 pp) and somewhere basic & reasonable to stay on site. It would sell a shed load more tickets and not only would it have a huge opportunity to upsell on the basic room to the themed rooms already offered, the 1k a night tree houses but they could also charge a little extra on the base offer rate for early park entry, fast track AND the significant spend from guests eating on resort, there is not a lot around the area as an alternative.

Even the Hilton deal you mention is a 30 mile round trip.