Alton Towers 2015 February Half Term Event

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Lee

Nemmies track does need a spruce up. I agree that the actual theming of the main supports is fantastic and fits the theme splendidly, however the wheel marks do not; 21 years is a long time without a general spruce up. The station is in serious need of an overhaul, both externally and internally. The issue is, how much money do you justify spending on a coaster that may not have 10 years left?

I can't see her opening for Half Term this year, which will be quite bizarre. Hopefully they'll throw Oblivion on again, in which case I can see the major lineup being:
Oblivion
Spinball
Cbeebies land
SEALIFE
Mutiny Bay
RMT
Duel
Hex

With the possible addition of Air and The Blade depending on work being carried out in that area. I can see FV having some major aesthetic work on it this closed season, so it may be closed off in its entirety. The Smiler is a definite no as it'll still be undergoing some very thorough closed season maintenance.
SuperWill

I really do expect Oblivion to be on the lineup! Air could be on the lineup but due to the massive refurb for Nemmy, I can't see it on the lineup. Nemmy is defiantly a no-go. Smiler in my opinion has a 50/50 chance of being on the lineup. Th13teen and Rita are 100% not going to be on the lineup and they never have been on the FHT lineup anyway. And also, random question guys but what food outlets do you expect to see open for FHT? :P

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Morgan

I expect Fried Chicken, Eastern Express, Lunchbox and maybe Burger Kitchen?
Dan

TTheory wrote:I expect Fried Chicken, Eastern Express, Lunchbox and maybe Burger Kitchen?
Whether Fried Chicken is open depends on if Oblivion is open. If there aren't any rides open in X-Sector then they simply won't open it up. However with Nemesis expected to be closed I'll be surprised if Oblivion is closed also. The Smiler will 100% not be open.

Burger Kitchen is pretty much a given, along with Towers St Bar & Grill.
Lee

Quite possibly Pizza & Pasta too, with random small food outlets available. Alton Towers want to begin to grow closed season events, so I can see them attempting to have a decent F&B offering this year as it's gotten progressively better each year.

As Dan says, I really can't see The Smiler being open as this is only its second closed season maintenance programme.
Dan

Ah yeah I forgot about Pizza & Pasta.

Last time I went to FHT (which was a few years ago) I ate in there.

Given it's arguably the most popular place to eat on park I'd be surprised if it's closed.
Lee

I think even Woodcutters was open last year, but I could be mistaken. I think the courtyard tavern will be open too.
SuperWill

And also guys, will Feb Half Term see the return of the Moshi Monsters theme?

Danny

No I think year will all be surrounded by CBeebies, they seem to be pushing that most.
SuperWill

DannyG wrote:No I think year will all be surrounded by CBeebies, they seem to be pushing that most.

Yeah that's what I thought too!

Zach

I'd expect same line up as next year
Nathan_Fisher

Has anyone else noticed the ride line up published on the AT website?
Ride Line Up Includes:
Nemesis
Air
Blade
Cbeebies Land
Run Away Mine Train
And More...

This is the same ride lineup as last year if im not mistaken with the exception of Cbeebies Land. :yes:
Dan

Well I guess that throws a spanner in the idea of Nemesis having an overhaul over the winter, unless they manage to get it all done between now and 14th February :sus:
Jack

where is MI7 when you need him :lol
NemesisRider

Oh! Well, I guess it's still a good line-up! Was hoping for Blivvy, but ah well.

Merlin could get it done. I guess we'll have to put at least a little faith in them :lol
SuperWill

Imo, the lineup is pretty bad (apart from Nemesis of course!) because they basically used the same lineup as this year. I was expecting Oblivion to be on the lineup but obviously not unfortunately!

Aidan Lowe

I've heard a lot of talk here about refurb on Nemmy is this just a guess from the community as its turning 21? With only a select number of rides open wouldn't you want the ones with less downtime to be open so you at least have a half decent day? :-s
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dan

SuperWill wrote:Imo, the lineup is pretty bad (apart from Nemesis of course!) because they basically used the same lineup as this year. I was expecting Oblivion to be on the lineup but obviously not unfortunately!
If The Smiler is undergoing extensive maintenance work (which lets be fair is pretty certain) then I doubt Towers will want people wandering around X-Sector while they patch the thing up.

Photos would be on social media within minutes which is something they don't need.
Lee

Was Oblivion always on the FHT lineup? It didn't really seem to have many issues this year, so I can only assume its closure is related to X-Sector/The Smiler. Unless of course they're wanting to have another look at the chain?

Prices this year have shot up too at £17.25 for an adult online 2 days or more in advance. I can see a £20-£22 on the gate price being charged, which I believe is a little over the top for this level of event.
Jamie

Dan.N wrote:
SuperWill wrote:Imo, the lineup is pretty bad (apart from Nemesis of course!) because they basically used the same lineup as this year. I was expecting Oblivion to be on the lineup but obviously not unfortunately!
If The Smiler is undergoing extensive maintenance work (which lets be fair is pretty certain) then I doubt Towers will want people wandering around X-Sector while they patch the thing up.

Photos would be on social media within minutes which is something they don't need.
What, photos of winter maintenance? Don't see anything wrong with that to be honest.