Do Alton Towers need to put down The Smiler's Fastrack price

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
thi3teenloverboy14

So the smiler has been at Alton towers for nearly 2 years and they put the fastrack to £7 in 2013 fair enough want to try and earn back some of the money they spent on it and because every one wants to experience it without queuing 3 hours will buy one. However this year its £10!!!! what a rip off is this a clue that they are not getting back the 18million pounds they spent are they struggling. I doubt it because they must get 1000's a day but is it right to have it at that much. I will be very disappointed if its at £10 or higher next year.

Another point is that I had a £5 off voucher for it and got it for £5 and got in the queue and it broke got evacuated and got nothing so I wasted a voucher that could have been used for something else. if it had of been £6 or £7 with out the voucher than i would not of minded.

If it was at the same price as the others then that would be great and maybe have a fastrack for every coaster for like £20 and make the priority pass valid for the smiler as well!
Dan

The Smiler is the most popular ride in the park, so it's not surprising that it has a high Fastrack price.

More often than not it's queue time is double that of most of the other coasters, and a lot of people will pay to reduce their queue time.

While I agree that it is very expensive for a single ride, I can't imagine Towers reducing its price any time soon. They probably increased it from its initial price of £7 as they were selling out too quickly and saw potential to make even more money out of it.
Aidan Lowe

I remember it being £5 last year around November fireworks. Most people make a trip to AT once a year so they won't be afraid to put their hand in the pocket if it means they can enjoy the rest of the day.

And it still is £5 if you bundle it with the Fast Track Silver in the box office on-site.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
thi3teenloverboy14

Andy Mc wrote:I remember it being £5 last year around November fireworks. Most people make a trip to AT once a year so they won't be afraid to put their hand in the pocket if it means they can enjoy the rest of the day.

And it still is £5 if you bundle it with the Fast Track Silver in the box office on-site.
I Didn't know that if they did that again this year its better as its less quiet and there is not as long queues then after fireworks!