Travelling Fairs

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
air_head

Hey all, don't know if this is in the right forum but here goes.

I went on holiday to Yorkshire last week, and while I was there went to a funfair in a town called Bridlington. Whilst there I went on a ride which I think was called 'Danger Zone', or something along those lines. The ride was like a ferris wheel, with all cars being a cage which could spin upside down. Rides hav a bar which when pulled locks the car into its current position.

The ride was very violent and I was the only person on. I banged my head on the roof of the cage whislt riding and got a headache the following day. I was sick later in the week and was dizzy the day after. I had to go to A+E on Saturday night once I got home, and was told I had post concussive trauma.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of rides like these, or if anyone who lives in that area could give me some more info. I think it was a new ride for this year, I have been visiting for 4 years now and it wasn't there last year. I don't intend to go for compensation or anything as many people have said I should, at the end of the day it was a rough fairground ride.

Thanks.
Dagan

Does it look like one of these?

Cornetto

I remember something like this in a scarott and son travelling fair, it was purple and only appeared once and this was about 10 years ago, which from your post explains alot.
air_head

No Dagan, it was like a Ferris wheel. It wasn't a Zipper I wouldn't go near one of them with a 10ft barge pole.
Anonymous

I know what one you are onabout i ahev rode one of those things was it a white coloured wheel as far as i can remember a star shape? i cant remember what it was called but ill find a pic...
air_head

Yeh thats the one. I'll never go on it again. It been a week now and I'm still suffereing from it. Ive also got bruises all across my legs from the lapbar.
Anonymous

Yep.

I went on one, they're normally at the fair on Guy Fawlkes night. They were actually quite intense, however ricketty and blatently cr*p.

Huss made a decent one of them, for Alton, yes please :D

:firebounce:
Anonymous

yea that ride stoped comeing to my local fair about 2 years ago me and my friends thought oh finaly its broken it was verry old when it was round my fair and they had blue thin cousioned leather seats and a white bar across your lap and the cars were egg shaped? ill still try and find the pic for you but thats all i can remember
Vik

blue thin cousioned leather seats and a white bar across your lap and the cars were egg shaped?
Thats the one I'm thinking of too, remember them from years ago when I used to visit the fair when it arrived in town. Silcox fair used to have one, havent seen it for a few years though. Maybe it finally fell to bits.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

air_head

yeh thats the exact one. It looked old but ok, if you know what I mean. But I learnt the hard way that its a bad ride :(
Anonymous

sound like a rock o plane wheel
did it have 8 cars?
Anonymous

Right i have found out what it was my mom said they had that ride when she was a kid it has eight cars and its never had a name untill i found one called Rock o Plane...My mom said it was one of the best fair rides out with the waltzers back then...Ive only been on it once and once was enough i hate those type of ride i also hate the waltzers i think there a waster you just get spun untill you feel sick

Well heres a pic of it...
http://www.kisselbros.com/ride%20rockoplane.jpg :mrgreen:

enjoy!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bond231

I was just about to post that!
Anonymous

O well Beat you to it lol No hard feelings :wink:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Williscroft

Are this was my favorite ride till it got banned at my local fair :( I used to love it at night in the strobe lights, was amazing. We used to call them THE EGGS because they were white cages and looked like eggs, theres 2 types of them out and about now, one were you go forwards and backwards or theres one were you spin sidewards, ill get pics laters :D

Edit: Right i got some pics, they are called rock-o-planes and this is my favortie version of it http://www.atfotf97.com/rides/rockoplane/00881.html and this is the one were you spin sideways http://www.atfotf97.com/rides/rockoplane/00879.html well i hope thats what your on about any ways :D
Last edited by Williscroft on Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

There are some pretty good and pretty mean fair rides out there i love the mask ride i think thats the best or the twister one there top!
djtagada

i have been on a rock o plane , and thay are sore and i had a headache once also its just a lap bar and useualy as u spin upside down its hurts and if u aint siting back u hit your head alot
air_head

Yeh, thats the ride. I'll never ride them again. I was sliding out of the seat as the ride was coming down, popped outta my seat and hit the top of my head in the roof. There was absolutely no padding in the ride.
Anonymous

Yea thats true there is no paddeding just a wooden chair with a tin layer of foam and covered in a leather im surprised they are still going round now i thought when it didnt turn upto my fair for 2 years that they had itehr been banned or removed for safty obv not
lee 2

hi, i have a pic of the ride you are on about on my site

http://northyorkshirefunfairs.fpic.co.uk/p19305060.html