Travelling Fairs

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
timmy1372

I have been on something either like that or the same and i can only describe it as a form of torture, put you in a cage with little or no padding and spin it around at great speed until the point where you just want to get out.

I like extreme rides but this was different, just plain painfull :( I'm glad we have progressed since then

Went on slammer again yesterday and wow that was good, most intense ride at thorpe where your hanging just by the restraints, especially good at the front row with nowhere to put your feet up against, superb, and not painfull, no queues to speak of all day unlike everything else, it must put people off :D
Williscroft

I think its a great ride, ive been going on it from a very early age, since about 7 and dont find it pain full one bit. You simply take your seat and lift you hands up and hold the bar right above your head so you dont move arround. Shame it dont come to my fair any more :( I remember seeing one at the fair about 8 miles up the road from me and i was like :D but the i noticed they wernt setting up, they were taking it down :shock: i had missed it :( :( :(
andysj

I don't think I fancy a go on one of them but the sideways version looks like more fun to me, would like to try one of them to see what they are like.
symone

Funfairs freak me out, they just dont look safe! LOL

We were at Brans Hatch a few weeks back when they did the new typr of F1 racing (cant remember the name of it) there was a fun fair there, there was a massive ride (again dont ask me what it was!LOL) but it was positioned on a slope which in itself would have bneen bad enough BUT the leg supporting it on the slope side was placed on top of 4x2!! I was so shocked, the ride was wobbling slightly!!
It looked horrific and like it could slide downt he slope at any minute! (it didnt though!)

I must admit i have never had an accident or know anyone who has been injured at a funfair but they just are not for me.

We have a funfair at our local park at the moment (Crystal palace park) looks kinda cool but i still wont go!
Soph

Some fairs are safe, some arent, really it depends on who runs them, They're never really going to be as safe as themeparks, beause they cant touch the land they're on [putting down safer supports etc.]
bibsta

I truly believe that fun fair rides are safe I think some people just don’t fancy the owners13 year old son making sure your bar is down properly and plus some fun fair rides do look abit tacky not all just some. :D
CGM

I truly believe that fun fair rides are safe I think some people just don’t fancy the owners13 year old son making sure your bar is down properly and plus some fun fair rides do look abit tacky not all just some.
That happened to me. When I was getting off the Crazy Mouse at Hull Fair, I saw a boy of about 8 or 9 holding the electric wire which could be plugged into the car to stop it rolling on through the station if necessary. I almost said, "Hey you'd better get away from that." But then I realized that he was meant to be doing that when he asked us to raise our arms. That would have been so embarasing
james0507

Does anybody know anythin about those mr frosty rides are they out of production now coz i got badly hurt on one of them coz i sat at the bottom and the other peoples weight squashed me and because of that i flew foward and i slipped underneath the saftey bar and every time it jumped off the ramp i got strangled by the bar.
bibsta

That happened to me. When I was getting off the Crazy Mouse at Hull Fair, I saw a boy of about 8 or 9 holding the electric wire which could be plugged into the car to stop it rolling on through the station if necessary. I almost said, "Hey you'd better get away from that." But then I realized that he was meant to be doing that when he asked us to raise our arms. That would have been so embarasing
:lol: LOL yeah it happens to me all the time when I go to fairs round where I live some kids are there making sure I’m strapped in. Makes me kind of have second forts when that happens some 13 year old kid is there making sure your safe they probably know what there doing but it doesn’t look good for the ride owner. (Like the owner cares)
ShadowTD

I like fairs more as I get older, although I'm not much of a flat fanatic.

At my local fair (Loughborough) there was a pretty good selection including some Vortex/Maelstrom-esque pendulums that had some damn fine airtime. The spinning mouse was there, and that was good for a laugh.

I was less impressed with the 'Mega-Spin' which had a stupidly long program and the most unfcomfortable OTSR's I have ever been clamped into. Anyone know this ride?
Anonymous

I hate that ride! My mum made me go on it when i was 9 or 10. Anyway i hated it got a sore head. I also hate the ride like a cage and you push on a bar to make it swing in a circle!
Lon

You should let the local authority know of your injuries and send them a copy of the A&E Report. Ask them to let you know who the owner and operator of this ride is.
Any kind of accident at a fairground or an amusement park should be reported immediately. The ride maybe faulty and could kill or seriously harm someone on the next go. Also the HSE http://www.hse.gov.uk should be made aware of serious injuries via Riddor http://www.riddor.gov.uk they have the power to criminally prosecute and close down dangerous rides and operators.

Hope you're feeling better now!
stupot

Yes i know Megaspin we had it on out ground in September and recently seen it @ Loughborough fair.

Link below of pictures of that fair i took!

http://www.funfairpictures.co.uk/Fair%2 ... ir2005.htm

Thanks

Stuart Gutteridge
www.funfairpictures.co.uk
ShadowTD

Cool pics!

Did you ride it? Aside from the fact that the restraints were painful, I was also not too enamoured with the user accessible 'release handle'. Doesn't really bear thinking about :!:
CGM

Yes, a thing like uncomfortable or painful restrains can ruin a ride and make it too intense to be enjoyable if you know what I mean
Peterwittland

This year I was at my local fair with my cousin. It had just opened and we decided to ride the inverter like submission. The operator put us on the test seaquence which is said to be to intense for riders. I enjoyed it but I could tell that some people that can't stand as much as me, the girl behind me, can get very sick and thro up! (luckily after the ride and not on me!)
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!
Peterwittland

I just remembered sumfing, I almost died on a skymaster cos stupidly the manufacture had used a manual restraint locking system on the back of each seat, A Chav and his Whore thort it wud be funny 2 flick the switch on the back of my seat, he did then the restraint burst open. If the ride op hadnt noticed before we went upsidedown i would have been for it.
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!
terrys

[quote=""Alex""]I have a friend that wont go on fun-fair rides because he thinks there un-safe.I think hes kinda stupid.When was the last time you saw someone fall of a fun fair ride?[/quote]

not the most up to date but... http://www.rideaccidents.com/2005.html
stupot

That list doesn't mention one fairground accident in the UK on the fairgrounds - says it all really!

Stuart
Adz
Admin
Admin

Also i think most of those are in theme parks.

oh dear. :)