Travelling Fairs

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
djtagada

[quote=""Kaycee""][quote=""Adz-TTR""]I love Tagada rides, really wild. There was one near me once with some ropes in then middle, hung onto them as it was flinging me all over the place. possibly one of the wildest rides (in the truly wild sense, not intensity) i have ever been on! well worth the price i paid.

Kaycee, they had one of those Fabbri Boosters at Brighton gay pride - f-ing awesome! even though this one was £8 for 4 rotations. :o[/quote]

No way?! :shock: That's extortionate! We paid a fiver a go and spent, well, depending on what time of day it was - between 3 and 10minutes on it! It was so scary because it was so high and it really made your stomach jump, but it was amazing.

:mrgreen: tagada's are the nest ''read my name dj'tagada' cos thay rock lol
Those KMG Tangos look fab! I haven't seen one in the....metal yet though!

:twisted: :P
[/quote]
evil cod

[quote=""Sarah-TTF""] Alright for a ride I guess :) Not seen it around for a while, Equinox it's name was. Anyone spotted it? [/quote]
yeah comes to Stokesley fair (North Yorkshire) every Year (September)
djtagada

thats billy crows ride looks quite tall...
themadman26

I had a thought Do fun fairs have to pay as much insurance as theme parks I know that it costs £1 million for a garden party for Guides
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
Sazzle

I would imagine it costs a lot more than themeparks, as the rides aren't statutory.

Hell, the insurance companies are probably rubbing their hands with glee - they know how much they can ask for and then refuse to pay out under 'self negligence'! I'd guess a lot of accidents could be put down to negligence on the fair's part...
themadman26

The rides aren't desiged for all turain though they aredesined for concrete surely the rides in themeselves are unsafe
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere
Adz
Admin
Admin

The rides aren't desiged for all turain though they aredesined for concrete surely the rides in themeselves are unsafe
I think you'll find they are.....

Infact most fair rides have hydraulic footers and stuff which adjust to the shape of the land.

Basically if a ride is designed to be travelling, it can go almost anywhere.
Anonymous

Lol, you're more likely to be killed by your trousers than have a ride get you. They are most definately going to be safe, I doubt a company is going to be wanting to be faced with a lawsuit from the families of loads of dead/injured people..
Adz
Admin
Admin

Yes for example Frenchy, that funfair on worthing seafront we went to. The rides werent going to be slipping into the sea anytime soon. They were perfectly stable, and on a sloping bit of beach. Theme Park (permenant) versions of rides need conrete yes, but thats because they have different support systems and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
Tom M

[quote=""Adz-TTR""]fitchy, No waltzer i've ever been on has a bar that locks.[/quote]

Black revolver at DMP, That does.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Yup since i made that post i've been to DMP and been on that. However that was modified, No original waltzer as far as i know had locking bars.
Anonymous

[quote=""Adz-TTR""]Yup since i made that post i've been to DMP and been on that. However that was modified, No original waltzer as far as i know had locking bars.[/quote]
I visit traveling fair most weeks :D i have never seen a Waltzer with locking bars. As for the rider's not being safe, u will find that they are checked daily the same as Theme Park's and as a lot of rides are owned individually it make sense that the ride was safe.
If the ride had an accident their would be no income for that family.
bond231

Well the thing with watzers is that you always stayed pinned to the back so i don't think you could fall out the front??
timmy1372

[quote=""bigblade40""]i think the main safety problem at fairs is the people that go to them.
There are usually people there just trying to cause trouble.[/quote]

Not wrong there most Fun Fair or Theme park accidents can be attributed in some way to the rider not being sensible, its like the rides have to have safety mechanisms that are so over the top because people dont realise for instance that if they stand up on a ride that your supposed to sit on you will fall out.

You have to bolt the passengers down so there is no chance of stupidity.
Adz
Admin
Admin

I visit traveling fair most weeks Very Happy i have never seen a Waltzer with locking bars.
Yup as i said earlier in the post. There is simply no need for locking bars because of the force involved keeps you in the car.
As for the rider's not being safe, u will find that they are checked daily the same as Theme Park's
Precisely. Although I wouldn't say as much as Theme Parks. however yes they are tested daily and if there is a problem, they simply will not open it. - if you see a ride open up without testing, doesn't mean its not been tested earlier in the day.
You have to bolt the passengers down so there is no chance of stupidity.
Not really, if the rules are clearly set out (which i have seen signs on nearly all rides telling you what you can and cant do) and you ride at your own risk. as long as the ride can operate without bars, i see no reason why it shouldn't. A good example is a round up ride. (or meteorite as you may know it as) If people behave on these they are perfectly safe, i tend to push the limits a bit but not to the point where i'm unsafe on it. If however they put bars on this type of ride, it would ruin it and there would be no point in that kind of ride existing. Its all about trusting the guests not to do something stupid, and if they do, its there own fault for not having common sense and also reading the signs.
buggy

There also taken apart and shifted around a lot, can't be good for a rides lifespan compared to a pemanant attraction in a theme park?
timmy1372

Thats very true with good clear signs then riders get on at there own risk, i find increasingly though that people try and blame others for anything, the American culture of sue everybody
Adz
Admin
Admin

There also taken apart and shifted around a lot, can't be good for a rides lifespan compared to a pemanant attraction in a theme park?
Actually its better, this way showmen know the ride inside out and can see if there is a fault more easily when they take it apart to move it.
buggy

I s'pose so, but at the same parts would have to be replaced more frequently after being taken out and stuck back in repeatedly?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Not really, They can be serviced more often if they are taken out and put back in more often, but theres no reason why they would be replaced more often, infact less so.