NoLimits 1 & 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Brett

Hey!

This is my attempt at the wonderful new ride Th13teen at alton towers!

As far as i know, there isnt a recreation that is as accurate as this... i have made the station by hand using wooden rollercoaster supports!

Download: http://www.rollercoastermad.com/downloa ... d=4&cid=15

obviously it is impossible to have switch track on NoLimits, so i had to work around that.
Blaze

Station looks amazing, but your track building does need a bit of work; the layout isn't as close to the real thing as it could be, you handled the backwards drop and helix fairly well but it should line up with the station. You should use more track nodes and done more work on banking and flow. To be realy anal the supports are not accurate apart from the lift, and you missed a trim.

Overall, not a good effort but much room still for improvement :) . 6.5/10
Brett

everyone's entitled to an opinion. just lets see your perfect th13teen model?

and also did i mention. i built this before the ride was even finished?
Joelio

Actually Brett I read Blaze's comment more like "Overall, not bad, a good effort, still much room for improvement" which is a positive comment.

I like it but i'm no No Limits expert so I can't comment too much. As for some advice, reprofiling the ride to fit the current layout of Th13teen would be a logical step to take.
.Will

Well it is the first proper recreation of Th13teen we have seen and to be honest I think it has set an excellent benchmark for everybody else! Well done 7.5 / 10!

:D
Blaze

[quote=""Brett""]everyone's entitled to an opinion. just lets see your perfect th13teen model?

and also did i mention. i built this before the ride was even finished?[/quote]

Touchy? Just a bit of constructive criticism, not to put you down, but to help you get better, because you clearly have pottential.

If you built it before you rode it then you did a decent-er job.
starbugger1303

I thought it was a 10/10 effort! We all know that TH13TEEN is the most complicated rollercoaster to recreate on no limits, yes the brake run is off but the rest is 10/10!
Brett

[quote=""starbugger1303""]I thought it was a 10/10 effort! We all know that TH13TEEN is the most complicated rollercoaster to recreate on no limits, yes the brake run is off but the rest is 10/10![/quote]

what break run do you mean?

and thanks :D
James6

^ I think he means that the final brake run is straight, with no turns in to the station.

But I must say I thought overall it was awesome.

The outdoor section was pretty much perfect, G's were all what I'd consider to be accurate and similar to those actually on the ride, and it was perfectly smooth.

You got around the drop section excellently and the station building was also great.

Well done. :)
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Wildboy

Last edited by Wildboy on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoying Rollercoasters as part of a healthy balanced diet since 1983
Alex

I can't wait for it to come out and I hope its soon as its the only thing keeping me from buying the original no limits
Jack

:shock: that...LOoks INCREDIBLE
Instant Mix

I'm more interested in "95% complete". Release summer / autumn ?
Instant Mix

RELEASE DATE: 10th JANUARY 2014
With the advent of NL2 literally around the corner, I'd thought I'd make a megathread for it so we can contain all discussion and WIPs and such in here rather than having a thousand threads asking the same questions.

CONFIRMED NEW FEATURES:
  • Uses a new node system, meaning that track and track types (eg lift hill, transport, station) are entirely separate
  • Has new combs to visualise G forces and speed
  • Several new coaster types, such as the B&M Dive Machine, B&M Flyer, S&S 4D coaster, Arrow Suspended Coaster, and a plethora of new wooden coaster types
  • Options for transfer track and extra train storage - Lifts and freefall drops are planned in the updates!
  • Brand new terraforming, 3D object, lighting and scripting options allowing a new level of detail in tracks
  • "Park" style system, allowing multiple coasters to be present in the same simulation at once
  • Extensive support system allowing a greater level of configuration and customization
That's not even everything.

Youtube Clips:

"Stations" Video
Highlights Video
Editor Preview
Scripting example "XCar LED"

Two versions will be available : Standard and Pro.
Pro will be considerably more expensive than standard*
Pro contains all the features standard does, except has options for hi-res screenshots ( suitable enough for posters) and advanced video rendering options
Users who OWN a copy of NoLimits 1 will receive a discount on NL2*

* By how much is unknown

Discuss your ideas, and when NL2 is released, post your creations and WIPs in here!
Capt.Barnacles

Just saying, I already mentioned the release date on the OTHER NL2 topic, but no one showed ANY interest.
Instant Mix

Busch, a mod moved my topic into a post here.. for some odd reason without telling me. Didn't mean to mention twice as I didn't expect it to be here!

Thought making NL2 crap into it's own thread would reduce the amount of threads made about it... but meh
Capt.Barnacles

Fair enough. My apologies.
Jack

Totally not the final coaster style to be announced for NL2 :P
Capt.Barnacles

Sorry, can't access youtube, what is it? And if possible, could you maybe post some screenshots of the video showing anything of interest or importance? Cheers.
Danny

Buschgardensfan wrote: Sorry, can't access youtube, what is it? And if possible, could you maybe post some screenshots of the video showing anything of interest or importance? Cheers.
They have done a recreation of Blue fire from Europa park and shows you basically how it works.