NoLimits 1 & 2

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
NemesisRider

How can you add a picture from your computer (ride logo)?
Capt.Barnacles

Do you mean adding it to scene objects like billboards and stuff? In that case you need to incorporate it into the actual 3d object before importing it into the editor. If you're on about adding it to train designs, you'll need to create a train texture file, make a texture that incorporates the logo (Say for example you were designing the texture for Maverick's trains), then set that texture for the trains in Coaster Properties>Trains>Color Setup. From there you'll see four boxes where you can upload the texture files for the trains. As for how to get the files into a place you can navigate to when selecting them, I'm not sure.
NemesisRider

OK, are the textures JPEGs?

And how do I put in billboards with the ride logo?
Capt.Barnacles

Billboards will need to be made in a 3d modelling software like Blender or Sketchup, then imported into NL2. As for the type of texture file, you need them to be .png
NemesisRider

OK, thank you Dan! :D
NemesisRider

How do I get the image to be the right size? It is coming up as massive...
Capt.Barnacles

Erm, I can't help you with any of those programs I'm afraid, I'm just here for help in NL2.
NemesisRider

Ok.
NemesisRider

I have got my first roller coaster that isn't awful up on the Nolimits exchange! You can view it here.

Last edited by NemesisRider on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan.H

COOL!!! Well Done :clap:
NemesisRider

It's a very generic theme but I'm really bad at Sketchup and didn't want to spoil the ride with bad theming and queues, etc.

Thanks Emporium!
Adam.W

Could you get a POV of them both? They look really good :)
NemesisRider

I could certainly try with Rattler, however my computer lags a bit rendering all the supports :P I'd have to get a screen recorder too (which wouldn't be too hard) as I don't have Nolimits 2 pro. :)
Adam.W

Ah, id recommend Bandicam (free version) it lags a *bit* and has Bandicam.com at the top of the recording, but I'm fine with that when I use it.
NemesisRider

Finally, a recorded version is on YouTube! On the official NemesisRider YouTube channel I might add!

You can view the video here. Yes, the quality is horrible but that's just my PC! Nolimits 2 can run it much better than my laggy laptop :P
NemesisRider

My next coaster is done! It's a Schwartzkopf shuttle loop and called King Cobra. It is based in a similar environment to Rattler and they could eventually go in a park together. You can download the ride here.

Here is a POV and a bit of offride footage too.
Capt.Barnacles

With regards to recording POVs, NoLimits 2 standard AND Pro have internal recording capabilities. You can run the ride fullscreen, set up the video specificiations in Setup on the main menu, and press O in the simulator, you can record video in the sim as AVI or MOV videos. You can then edit those to put together a video :) But this shuttle loop looks great! Keep up the good work :)
NemesisRider

Thanks Dan! I'll either re-release King Cobra's POV in this format or do it on my next coaster.

What are everyone's suggestions for the ride type? I'm considering an out and back ride (wooden or steel, not sure) but I'm open to suggestions and it is the final desert based ride for now.
Ryan.B

Dusty yellow coloured hyper coaster (like pyramids) called sandstorm?
NemesisRider

Ryan, I probably wouldn't be looking that high as hyper coasters require a long layout. I'm going to be looking for 75-150ft, as I don't have too many hours to dedicate to these projects. Especially with supports NL ride can take a long time :)