Lowest capacity train

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

A Rita host came on with me on the front today, just us two.
definedancing

Tom170499 wrote:Rita was quiet yesterday, there was no-one in the normal queue and about 15 in the front seat queue so the train was just going round with only the 2 front seats occupied.
When I went to Thorpe Park in April I remember there being a mile long queue for the front row on Colossus and like nobody in the main queue. ;)
ROYJESS

OK, not exactly rollercoasters, but I always ride the rapids and flume on my own due to the fact my wife can't ride these due to medical reasons.

I often hear the staff singing out loud "all by my self....I don't want to be, all by my self...." :lol
TTturtle

Not sure about AT; It was probably the time I went on Neme with about 4 people and my friend. As for other parks, I think I went on Nemesis Inferno with just me and my friend o.O. That was awesome cause we got to stay on for about 7 runs :lol .
lucozade

Me my bro and my mate were allowed to stay on oblivion 17 times until a q came. Most of the rides we were on our own. Did nemmy 11 times but had to RUN around to reride, the ride op wasn't as nice as the girl on oblivion. Strange enough my bro developed a weird phobia of oblivion after that day and hasn't been on it since!

There was hardly anyone in the park at all, it was in between scare and fireworks I think.
And in 20 years, that was the only time I rode nemmy up front... I actually prefer the pulling feeling at the back rather than being half way down the drop before you get a push of speed.

Do you like nemesis front or back?
Last edited by Michelle on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove double post.
Jack

Not at Alton, but Oakwood.

Megafobias station was empty on opening, and had to wait about 10 mins for people to get to the ride before the train was dispatched.

Never really had an incredibly low amount of people on a ride at Alton, apart from RMT the once where we got to stay in our seats…
Jack

Sorry for the double post, but I just remembered one :D

This was at Oakwood, in the middle of a downpour…and NOBODY was even anywhere near Spooks 3D, got the whole of the 3 cars that operate on it to myself :P
jjoverrun

It was 2013 around the time The smiler was still being called sw7 and it was near the end of the day. The X sector was dead and we carried on going on Oblivion like 10 times. Funny fact earlier the Guy that checks your Fast track wasnt tickig of our fastrack on Blivy so we got some free queue jump goes :)

Credit to nemesis rider for this awesome pic :D
Adam.W

Most of the time I go on rides it's pretty busy, I've been on nemesis with about 12 ppl though
Stan.H

Air, me and 3 friends also ripsaw me and 3 friends.