Ripsaw (and Blade) to be removed?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Zach

Here's one thing to think about....if ripsaw was leaving as TH14TEEN claimed above and the source was right...why are towers dipping into there pocket and budget (at a time where funds are low anyway and spending is really being cut) to repair ripsaw and order from what pictures and I have seen with my own eyes looks to quite a major part ?
Tom170499

TheSmilerMan wrote: from what pictures and I have seen with my own eyes looks to quite a major part ?
Is there any chance of posting these pictures or a link to them? Thanks
Themeparksandy1981

Theses ain't going every where soon with rumours of the 2017 rides been put on hold to they know more about the report from HSE and what needs to be done to get it open again and get guests to trust the park and rides again.
cookiee_munster

it would be a real shape if ripsaw went. it's got to be one the the best themed rides at the park. it certainly looked more of the part back in 97.

shame it can't be replaced somewhere else in FV with a double carriage to help with throughput and still have the same paint job/theme...
TH14TEEN

On park now and ripsaw is open. More likely that ripsaw to be moved and blade to close?
Alex

There is little to no point in moving a ride at the end of it's economic life, they might as well scrap it.
Tom170499

Alex wrote:There is little to no point in moving a ride at the end of it's economic life, they might as well scrap it.
But surely there is little point repairing a ride at the end of its economic life so what does that say?
Alex

That it might be hanging around next year as well? Depends whether SW8 is still on the same time scale.
Tom170499

Alex wrote:That it might be hanging around next year as well? Depends whether SW8 is still on the same time scale.
What I think will/should happen is Ripsaw moved to X-Sector and Blade removed. This allows that side of FV to be closed off and SW8 construction to begin :D
Alex

Why would you move a ride at the end of it's life though? Ripsaw is struggling to make it through this season let alone a move to the X sector.
Tom170499

Alex wrote:Why would you move a ride at the end of it's life though? Ripsaw is struggling to make it through this season let alone a move to the X sector.
Who's to say it would be the same model? The plot of land left by Submission is very big so who knows?
Alex

Tom170499 wrote:
Alex wrote:Why would you move a ride at the end of it's life though? Ripsaw is struggling to make it through this season let alone a move to the X sector.
Who's to say it would be the same model? The plot of land left by Submission is very big so who knows?
You said that Ripsaw should/will be moved to the X sector, doesn't that imply it's the same model?

I do think there will be a new flat ride on that plot of land just it wont be Ripsaw because it doesnt make financial sense.
Tom170499

Yeah it does I suppose. Sorry for not making that clear. I do hope either Ripsaw or a new model Top Spin comes to X-Sector though.
TH14TEEN

Park world magazine today said that the new enterprise model will be coming to a European client in 2016. What if, with ripsaw and blade, even enterprise potentially going, this is towers?
Sawboss

Is the new enterprise model just an new version of the original or is it modified?
TheBeast

wait, the Enterprise was redone? I thought it was "essential maintenance"?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TheBeast wrote:wait, the Enterprise was redone? I thought it was "essential maintenance"?
Not Enterprise at Alton Towers', but the actual Enterprise model produced by HUSS.
Capt.Barnacles

As much as I'd love to see the Towers Enterprise revamped with this new design, the wheel was only just replaced in 2013 with The Smiler's construction, so I doubt that so soon after updating the design they'll replace it with this new design. Maybe later down the line.
shawnoc

If Alton were to move Ripsaw surely they would recondition the ride at the same time. Just because it's old does not mean there are ways of moving it. I can't see merlin wanting to pay the money to buy a new model for x sector or whatever happens to the ride.
TH14TEEN

If I'm honest, I enjoy enterprise and see no need to remove it, what with the maintenance and parts replacements. Ripsaw is more likely to go imo