Six Flags Magic Mountain

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Krazycoaster

The manufacturer is most likely to be Premier. End of story.
Also, the coaster is not exactly terrain-hugging.
Looks like a fun coaster though, even if the backwards launch is pointless and a capacity destroyer :D
sweedish2009

Baffles me how SFMM have not invested in a B+M Dive Machine. Especially after the popularity of SheiKra and Griffon.
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
Krazycoaster

Krazycoaster wrote: The manufacturer is most likely to be Premier. End of story.
Also, the coaster is not exactly terrain-hugging.
Looks like a fun coaster though, even if the backwards launch is pointless and a capacity destroyer :D
On second thoughts, the manufacturer could be Premier, Maurer Sohne or S&S  :D
RyanY

Nope the Manufacture is defiantly Premier. :)
Krazycoaster

RyanY wrote: Nope the Manufacture is defiantly Premier. :)
Like my initial thoughts. I just watched the promo vid again though and the trains don't like like Premier trains so maybe they are using new ones?  :D
RyanY

I thought they looked pretty similar to the trains found on Superman.  :)

Just a diferent sheel.  :)
Krazycoaster

RyanY wrote: I thought they looked pretty similar to the trains found on Superman.  :)

Just a diferent sheel.  :)
Yes, it's going to be Premier. I forgot about the Superman trains  :oops:
Aidan Lowe

Here is a nice recent construction picture of the top hat / loop being built. Would be pretty amazing if they could time it so the train hits the loop just as one is going over it and they pass by one another.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2e5nrq0.jpg
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Aidan Lowe

Firstly I do apologize for double post, I cannot seem to modify my above post, I am only given the option to quote it.

Anyway the loop/top hat is finished, and all I can say is oh my..

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2hd2quq.jpg
Aidan Lowe

Again, its been long so can't edit my previous post.

Here is a POV:
Martin

Found this on the Six Flags website and thought I would share.
We may be going next year.
So if anyone has ever been let us know what you think.
Or just comment in general.

It’s official. Coming in 2014, Six Flags Magic Mountain will introduce an exciting season-long line-up of thrills. In spring, BATMAN The Ride and Colossus will run backwards, and in summer, the children’s area will expand with a family-friendly coaster and a new show.

For a limited time next season, Six Flags Magic Mountain will intensify your ride experience and twist your view on BATMAN The Ride. The thrill ride will run backwards, giving you a whole new experience as you face the other direction. As you fly in reverse along the 2,700-foot track, with your feet dangling below, your ride is unpredictable, because you won’t be able to see the hairpin turns, vertical loops, and heartline spins coming up next.

No matter how many times you’ve been on the classic Colossus before, you’re going to be completely surprised during the reverse experience that is usually reserved for Fright Fest. As you elevate up the 100-foot-tall lift hill, you’ll be staring right back down at the ground you just traveled, and unpredictably plunge down the drop. You’ll race up and down 14 hills and a triple jump before you can even prepare to scream.

Bugs Bunny World is the six-acre children’s area of the park with 12 pint-sized attractions. In summer 2014, this area will get a makeover with the addition of a new coaster and family-friendly show in the Carrot Club Theater. The new children’s coaster will be the 19th coaster at the park, and will feature an action-packed adventure with drops and hills for thrill-seekers-in-training. The new coaster addition brings the total number of coasters in the children’s area to four; more than any other U.S. theme park.

Next fall, the annual Fright Fest celebration will get even scarier with the largest event expansion in the park’s history, with new mazes, more scare zones, and extended days and hours.

The all-new attractions and experiences are set to debut in 2014. Are you ready to take on these all-new thrills?
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Dom

Colossus, A wooden coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain is to close on the 16th August, according to Coasterforce.com forums.
It is rumoured to be receiving the same 'Iron Horse' treatment that The Rattler received. Is this rumour true?
Jack

Everything seems to point to it getting the Iron Horse treatment tbh :D
Dom

I know this is a little of topic, but didn't see the point in starting a new one.

Also announced is Cyclone at Six Flags New England is also closing on the 16th July. Again rumour has it, that it will be receiving the iron horse treatment too.
Danny

So as many of you will no, Colossus at Six Flags Magic Mountain closed this year, and it was widely speculated to be getting the same treatment as Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, converted in to a steel raider coaster, labelled hybrid. But Twister Colossus is so much more. New track is being added including two inversions, a high five element and many twists and turns, while continuing with the racing aspect. They will be blue and green tracked, but after you've don't the circuit, you then go up the oppersite lift hill and do that track layout too!

It all sounds very amazing, but you must watch the video to see for yourself!

sw7nutter

I don't like it, its too repetitive. Also yet again with nearly all of the RMC's i see its full of odd transitions and horrific looking inversions.
Last edited by sw7nutter on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

RCM's?? Do you mean Rocky Mountain Construction??
sw7nutter

Typo i didn't spot.
Jack

I have never heard a bad word spoken by the people who have ridden an RMC, I think this looks like it's going to be in the top 5 on the Mitch Hawker poll. The transitions don't look normal, but thats what RMC does, they don't do the ordinary, and do whatever will be the most fun, well done Alan and the other designers at RMC, and please get Merlin to consider getting something that is as awesome as this :P
Ryan.B

Never insult any armchair RMC :evil: it looks to be second best of next year after thunderbird. Waiting till construction starts now..