Six Flags Magic Mountain

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
ASR

Not one coaster they have installed has been any bit "unique". Even Collossos is just a development of another ride, and their other 2 compromises of other coasters. They need to get some originality in their park, as their attempts are beggining to become rather laugable. *****

Not as laughable as you're post though, you can't even spell COLOSSUS, let alone insult the damned thing, maybe it is a take on another ride, but four heartline roll's in a row is unique, and don't forget that the ride it is "based" on is just plonked on land, where as COLOSSUS interact's with the Lost City pathway's and trench run's.

Also, I don't see another ride like Nemesis Inferno, that has a unique layout, and is a highly enjoyable ride, don't give me any of this "Nemesis copy" rubbish, it's totally different, it has a different layout, a different ride experience and the park took a totally different approach to the ride than Alton Tower's did to Nemesis.

As for Project Stealth, maybe it is just a small Kingda Ka minus the downward twist, but how many park's in the UK could build a ride the size of Kingda Ka?

Also: How many people get the chance to go to Jackson in NJ to ride Kingda Ka? Or even to Sandusky Ohio to ride TTD?
X_da_C

Tatsu looks awesome, might be an excuse for a trip to califonia.
But why is this in other UK parks?
Anonymous

I have asked for the topic to be moved to rollercoasters in gen but no reply.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Moved...
towersart

Tatsu seems to be coming along nicely, but doesn't this lift hill look a little steeper than useual or is it just the angle of the picture?

Clicky
Kaz

I can tell you that yes it is a steeper lift hill. This is due to changes B&M have been making for better performance.
AstroDan

TATSU is now testing!

Check out the link below. when the American's comment 'it's going pretty slow right now', i think it sounds just like our very own. 'Air'.

How sweet.

The video is dark mind, it was done at like 8pm on the 17th.

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/music_v ... sttest.wmv
Matt 125

*Right not sure if there is currently a topic but I did look in WorldWide parks and couldn't find one!*

Anyways not sure if anyone has been following the construction of Tatsu but it does look like one heck of a flying rollercoaster!

Pics of media day and opening day can be found here on TPR;
http://www.themeparkreview.com/tatsumed ... iaday1.htm (pics of Tatsu start on page 2 i think)
http://www.themeparkreview.com/skytower/skytower1.htm
(more here)

Anyways anyone planning or going here to ride Tatsu because I would love to tag along! lol joke!

Matt :D
Dr Pop Rocket

Ive been following the construction of Tatsu on www.rollercoasterpro.com they have had some brilliant construction stuff. I must say the ride looks awesome and the reviews area all good. I heard it had 5 hour queues this past saturday. :shock:
AstroDan

Are new flyers still suffering teething problems a la Air? Or do they tend to be better now?
Matt 125

Well I think they have sorted the problems, as seen on TPR they said the queue was massive on opening day but was fast so obviously they have faster dispatches! I think B&M have learnt from the problems and worked around them to make a better flyer for example Tatsu!

Have you noticed the flooring for Tatsu? Different to Air's because its not a moving floor, it is a floor with bumps in and higher where they get on and off and lower where their feet sweep past!

Matt :D
Josh

[quote=""Dr Pop Rocket""]Ive been following the construction of Tatsu on www.rollercoasterpro.com they have had some brilliant construction stuff.[/quote]
Ditto!
Does look like it would be a good ride to ride, its another reason for me wanting to go SFMM
AstroDan

There's no denying that it looks like a great ride. It looks so much longer than Air, although it's actually only 900' more. Does anyone know how well they have done the theming?
Ash

It looks simply incredible! Like Air on Steroids! :P

I would love to ride that! The speeds involved and when it comes close to the ground. Wow just wow!
Nutty dreadz

And Tatsu is now open!

Just found loads of good vids on You Tube, this one seems to be the best though. loadsa footage including POV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBNaWnu7I_A&search=tatsu

Looks great! Obv I haven't ridden it, so can't really compare it to Air cos i'll get shouted at! But looks like a fab ride! - Hope i get to try it out someday, then i can start dissing Air for real :P
iriderides101

Looks like the original 4D coaster is being majorly rehabed and renamed for next year.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... untain.htm
There is also new trains comming and a new logo
Sir John Talbot

Oooh, very nice!

I like how they're taking good initiatives to really fix this ride. It really is absolutley amazing, and I how Six Flags see this and aren't letting it run itself into the ground and slowly die any longer.

And good riddance to the colour scheme!
Thomas

cost $10 million
:shock:

Blaudy hell - Just the paint and have new trains plus abit of a re-brand! Surely it would be better for the park to add a new coaster for that price tag.
Elgouldo

Just picked up on this over at RCPro here

As if this ride wasn't good enough already :!: For them to be spending $10million which is something near £5million shows they must be making some quite drastic changes for the better.

'innovative state-of-the-art visual, audio and sensory effects'.
Visual and audio effects to be incorporated into the ride?
Sounds like my cup of tea.

Fingers crossed they will invest in some themeing for the ride as that and the rides lengthy queue times are all that let it down.

I will certainly be keeping my eyes and ears open for more news and developments on this Transformation :)
Mankey

Thank god theyre repainting it!! jeez Yellow and Pink god! :lol:

should be interesting to see this unfold though

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!