Six Flags Magic Mountain

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

So N:IF was not unique? And whats to say if they build a flyer it wont be unique?
Beaver Dude

If they really had to get a coaster (which they didn't) I wish it was an Intamin Giga not a B&M flyer. SFMM doesn't need a new ride it needs new management, new staff, a tidy up and the need to realise that there rides have more than one train.

So now on to the ride. Wow it looks so good kinda reminds me of every other B&M flyer except with a really ugly paint scheme. It doesn't really do much it just meanders slowly around miles from the ground. The 1st looks boring the theming looks non existant and those duel stations will be used for a season before being disused. The paint scheme is also hideous although this doesn't matter (much.) So yeah should've gone to Intamin and the manager shop.
Anonymous

Well if thats what you think Air must be the most boring coaster on Earth.
Beaver Dude

Well if thats what you think Air must be the most boring coaster on Earth.
Air is very unique it has a unique layout and was the 1st flyer. It also interacts with the terrain better than Tatsu will. Although at least Tatsu wont be plonked next to the best themed coaster in the world without any theming.
Anonymous

Yea and.
This coaster has a unique theme and a unique layout. Also the idea of Tatsu is to be flying above the trees and then start swooping down under them making it feel like you will hit them.

This is going to be the best flyer to be built by far. We all know when America build it they build it bigger and better!

I think we just have a few fanboys.
Beaver Dude

This is going to be the best flyer to be built by far. We all know when America build it they build it bigger and better!

I think we just have a few fanboys.
I'm sorry but if I'm an AT fanboy how come I only visit once a year. Plus America build bigger but not always better. I just think this ride looks like it has some of the same problems as Air but with a few extra problems on top of that. Plus Thirst have you even visited SFMM? If you had you'd realise it's a dump with poor staff, one train op on every ride and it's untidy although it's still a good park. They need a majour sort out not another coaster.
Anonymous

We have a house out in LA! I was at SFMM last year and it was great. People put it down but in terms of rides I would call it one of the best parks in the world.

This is a great combination of Air and S:UF that will give you a feeling of flight like no other coaster!

I even have the bloody T-Shirt! Ill take a picture of it if you want! :|
Anonymous

TP do have a unique coaster.
It may not be the best but it still has something unique.
X/: No Way Out, its backwards in the dark, better than Black Hole.
Anonymous

All of TP's rides are unique in one way or another.
Anonymous

[quote=""Thirst""]Yea and.
This coaster has a unique theme and a unique layout. Also the idea of Tatsu is to be flying above the trees and then start swooping down under them making it feel like you will hit them.

I think we just have a few fanboys.[/quote]

Doesn't mean you're a fanboy if you can apprieciate originality :). Maybe with Nemesis being the world's best themed ride though. maybe you've heard of Disneyland/Universal Studios :P.

Re: Nemesis: Inferno... this is merely the next stage from a blatent clone, using a ride and redeveloping it. They haven't thought on their own, it's a mere "lets make a ride like Nemesis". Same company are not they are becoming a joke.

Re: your house in LA. Wow! Lucky sod :P. On my visit I must agree about the ride, unrivalled really... BUT they would be 100x better with themeing ect. Ride or not, the park is still shadowed by Disneyland, which is lacking rides if anything. Luckily it's being just held together by it's rides, but it really is a pretty bad theme park.

Re: X/: No Way Out. True. but this was before the days of Tussauds, when management new the meaning of the word "unique", even if this entailed making such a bad and strickly odd ride :P.
Wes

There are bound to be new Flying coasters about now that we have had air!

The same with Oblivion, that was a world 1st and years after someone invented something much better. The same with Air, it had its world 1st element (First flying roller coaster to go underground of something like that!) there are bound to be many more rollercoasters coming around in the future based on the same concept as Air!

Mugz
:D
Anonymous

Yes, true, but if Thorpe Park where to install one I think it's rather obvious that Air is in mind.

Thorpe really need to stear clear of any type of Alton Towers developement. Blatently copying ideas from other rides, IMO, doesn't give them a very good reputation, and they really need to think for themselves and create a great, world-class but unique development that reflects there park and no-one elses. Even if Tussaud's give up a worlds-first to Thorpe, it would be very worth it!
Williscroft

This coaster looks amazing, i cant use any other word to describe it. I love the station and the cars with the dragon heads on them, they look mega kool. Of course it going to be better than Air, its opening 4 years after Air and things progress over years, dosent mean Air isnt going to be worth riding though :D Kool logo they got aswell, cant wait for construction to get started.
Coasternut

Looks great, especially those trains. I don't like the colour scheme or the way the ride seems to be mainly far above the ground with no real moulding to the terrain. Still will be a great ride if SFMM can bother to run it properly and keep it looking nice. SFMM has a great selection of coasters, its just poorly maintained and lacks variety in other rides.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Thorpe really need to stear clear of any type of Alton Towers developement. Blatently copying ideas from other rides.
[rant]
Going by that and all your other posts with thorpe mentioned in them:

All those six flags parks with batman inverted coasters.. soo obviously copied nemesi. Jeex give me a break, i was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt with being a bit of an idiot at times.

What you are effectively saying is: Thorpe cant have anything similar to Alton Towers, well guess what: Theme parks will build what guests want, Thorpe isnt going to build a crappy Vekoma SLC because Alton Towers has a B&M version, Thorpe Park is going to biold what will keep the guests happy, B&M inverters across the globe have proved to be loved by nearly every coaster rider, so of course when Thorpe decided they wanted a new coaster, they went for a popular coaster that would be a success, not because 'alton towers has one'

Saying Nemesis Inferno is practically s clone, what bilge. the name is the ONLY similarity. Totally different layouts, Totally different themes, Totally different settings. You have the marketing team that deal with ALL of Tussauds stuff to blame for that name, I hardly believe John Wardley sat down one night and thought "Hmm lets rip off Nemesis"

Stealth, although maybe not as original as we may have liked is going to do the park wonders, Thorpe didnt need to spend anymore money on it. The public will love it. Thorpes not going to break the bank to keep picky little shitty enthusiasts from moaning, they make up less than 10% of the visitor numbers a year i should imagine. Again Thorpe is building whats popular, cheap and effective.

If Thorpe get a flyer in 2008, it will be because once again there a popular coaster, not because 'alton towers have one'

If following a trend is a bad thing, best have a moan at Alton Towers for installing an already popular coaster type.. Rita. and thinking about installing, shock shock horror horror shock shock horror.. another popular coaster type: The woodie.

Blah blah blah. [/rant]
Martin1

Well said Adz. I love it how people say Thorpe and Alton compete, yes there is a slight competition I guess, but TUSSAUDS run BOTH Parks. Both are run by the same company, both make alot of money, Tussauds are happy. Its a business. Bloody hell Iv said that so many times but no one seems to pay much attention. like adz says in N:I Its Nemisis thats used. and everything is completly different. ITS A BLOODY NAME!
Anonymous

I think Tatsu looks very promising, albeit in an horrendous colour scheme.

As for Thorpe opting for a Flyer in 2008, my personal preference would be for a floorless. That said, I do believe a flyer at Thorpe could potentially rival the likes of Tatsu.

There appears to be some debate over the ceiling height limit at Thorpe, who's to say they won't be able to go over 115 feet again on this (as long as it's only in one or two places)?. Even if they don't, the ride is likely to be a more thrilling ride than Air, in that Thorpe are unlikely to opt for a gentle ride in a 'lush green oasis'. It's more likely to be steep drops, tight twists, with lots of interaction with the other rides in Canada Creek.
evil cod

Wow, that look amazing! damn it though, its making me want to go to MM even more and I wont be able to for at least another 4 years :( I actually quite like the track colour it suits SF:MM which is what matters. Yes this is going to be a hell of alot better than air but does it really matter? they are hundreds of miles from each other! People wanting a day out dont exactly think "hmm should we go to Alton Towers or Magic mountain today?"

On the topic of thorpes flyer, I think it would be great to see another flyer in the UK! and thorpes full of origionallity (is that a word?) and feel they really would go all out with the effort on this but it wont be a good few years till we see it anyway.
Fanta

[quote=""JerMain.e""]Yes, true, but if Thorpe Park where to install one I think it's rather obvious that Air is in mind.

Thorpe really need to stear clear of any type of Alton Towers developement. Blatently copying ideas from other rides, IMO, doesn't give them a very good reputation, and they really need to think for themselves and create a great, world-class but unique development that reflects there park and no-one elses. Even if Tussaud's give up a worlds-first to Thorpe, it would be very worth it![/quote]

This is a topic on Tatsu, not Thorpe. So Please STFU. I like Tatsu, again a great take on a ride. Six Flags seem to think more about lay-outs and themes these days.
haydn!

There sudden care for themed rides is all about improving guest experience in thier parks. Despite Six Flags offering a stunning array of fantastic rollercoasters, only a handful of there parks are producing the desired profit, overall profits for the company are infact quite low and they're currently quickly cutting costs and investing in attractive attractions now and not just thrilling ones. One of thier parks has recently closed, and others are on the verge.